Recalled/Assigned: Jets Recall Sami Niku (UPD re-assigned to the Moose April 21)

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Love the flow

IMG_0812.jpg

When I have some time I'll have to set up a poll on the main boards: Who has the better bro flow, Sami Niku or William Nylander. We'll have to make sure we repeatedly point out that Niku is younger than Nylander. By a few months only mind you, but younger nonetheless.

m.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
When I have some time I'll have to set up a poll on the main boards: Who has the better bro flow, Sami Niku or William Nylander. We'll have to make sure we repeatedly point out that Niku is younger than Nylander. By a few months only mind you, but younger nonetheless.

m.

They're pretty close, but I think Niku has the higher ceiling. Especially when you take Michael Nylander's hair line into account.

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
No, do you have the approximate time code for that?
Btw Buff was smiling so hard when Niku scored, maybe he took him as his project :)

Sorry. I had to rewatch to find it. 13:30 of the first period. It must have been his first few shifts and and still getting the feel of the game.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Sorry. I had to rewatch to find it. 13:30 of the first period. It must have been his first few shifts and and still getting the feel of the game.

Thanks!! Checked it out, very interesting. I remember that play and was wondering why he played it back to Buff, but if that was Buff yelling it makes sense. However, Ehlers was free just next to him as a pass option, why would Buff be calling for the puck behind the net in that case? Niku would have almost certainly just given the puck to Ehlers.

Reactions: jets2020champs

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Thanks!! Checked it out, very interesting. I remember that play and was wondering why he played it back to Buff, but if that was Buff yelling it makes sense. However, Ehlers was free just next to him as a pass option, why would Buff be calling for the puck behind the net in that case? Niku would have almost certainly just given the puck to Ehlers.

My take? Chalk that play to Buff going the extra mile to prevent anyone passing to Laine.

Thought Buff did a great job communicating with Snickers. Until he got tossed after communicating with/at the refs. Definitely had his back.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
My take? Chalk that play to Buff going the extra mile to prevent anyone passing to Laine.

Thought Buff did a great job communicating with Snickers. Until he got tossed after communicating with/at the refs. Definitely had his back.

But why would Buff do that then? :) And who’s Snickers, is that what you kids call Niku nowadays? :D

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Kyle Connor. He says his full name 468 times a game. Makes me sick.

Yeah, but he doesn't mispronounce it, like he did with Neeque. I think he has worse quirks than the full name thing. Calling every instance of 2 players passing back and forth a 'give and go' drives me crazy.

All it takes for me to appreciate Dennis is a game on SN. :laugh: Bob Cole will be 85 in June, EIGHTY FREAKIN' FIVE! :laugh: Retire already Bob!

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Mostly posted it since I discussed why Niku dropped at the time from a projected 2nd rounder to 7th round, and how the reasoning behind that drop was illogical.

Seventh round draft pick Sami Niku playing with eighth round draft pick Dustin Byfuglien. Is there another pair of d-men playing together who were, on average, picked in the 7.5th round? High value draft picking with those two on the ice.

Actually, Enstrom was an eighth round pick as well so when Toby and Buff are on they win out by half a round. Amazing what you can get in those late stages of the draft.

m.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah, but he doesn't mispronounce it, like he did with Neeque. I think he has worse quirks than the full name thing. Calling every instance of 2 players passing back and forth a 'give and go' drives me crazy.

All it takes for me to appreciate Dennis is a game on SN. :laugh: Bob Cole will be 85 in June, EIGHTY FREAKIN' FIVE! :laugh: Retire already Bob!
I like bob cole

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Thought it'd be kewl had the Jets drafted Välimäki last year only to see Selänne & Numminen v2.0, but if Niku can become that guy then heck, I'll take it!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
My homer vote goes to Niku, but he does have hairier linemates, so expect Leafs fans to argue that Niku is simply riding their hairlines.

Ok this one is freakin gold Jerry!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad