Recalled/Assigned: Jets Recall Sami Niku (UPD re-assigned to the Moose April 21)

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
This kid is pretty damn good. Hopefully get to see him in a limited stint down the stretch.
Adding on, the Moose don't play another game until April 6th (which is at home). Niku gets to travel to (possibly) play at Ottawa then at Montreal, then the Jets come home too anyway. Makes sense if you want to see what he can do in the next two games at the NHL-level.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
He didn't impress me much last Monday when I saw him but the whole team was lousy. It wasn't too hard to see where his skill is though, looks the type where it happens at the next level as well.

Happy for him, look forward to seeing him in a Jets jersey.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I thought the Jets were out of recalls? Nice to see the Jets going to rest some players.

Niku, Poolman, Mathias, Dano, Roslovic and Mason likely going to see some action and most importantly rest up some key players.

Good for Niku well deserved.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I imagine Buff, Myers, Morrissey and Trouba will each only get one of the back to back.

Buff and Myers come out tomorrow and JoMo and Trouba against Montreal would be my guess.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
oh-boy.gif

Play him tomorrow!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I imagine Buff, Myers, Morrissey and Trouba will each only get one of the back to back.

Buff and Myers come out tomorrow and JoMo and Trouba against Montreal would be my guess.

He’s even played quite a bit of RD this year

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I thought the Jets were out of recalls? Nice to see the Jets going to rest some players.

Niku, Poolman, Mathias, Dano, Roslovic and Mason likely going to see some action and most importantly rest up some key players.

Good for Niku well deserved.
Think they've got a couple more plus emergency recalls?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He’s even played quite a bit of RD this year

Yup but I imagine Moe wont want to mess with his top pairings too much. He will likely insert Poolman and Niku as a pairing and run them as the third pair for the next few.

I see it happening like this over the next two games:

JoMo - Trouba
Morrow - Chariot
Niku - Poolman

Morrow - Buff
Chariot - Myers
Niku - Poolman

Reactions: LAINEC

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Yup but I imagine Moe wont want to mess with his top pairings too much. He will likely insert Poolman and Niku as a pairing and run them as the third pair for the next few.

I see it happening like this over the next two games:

JoMo - Trouba
Morrow - Chariot
Niku - Poolman

Morrow - Buff
Chariot - Myers
Niku - Poolman

I agree they will try to put him in a position to succeed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad