Recalled/Assigned: Jets Recall Sami Niku (UPD re-assigned to the Moose April 21)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Seems a bit odd without knowing what Morrissey status is. I guess it means Myers and or Enstrom are available?

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
Seems a bit odd without knowing what Morrissey status is. I guess it means Myers and or Enstrom are available?

Unless Maurice is confident JoMo is not getting suspended i would say both are very close to being ready because you would likely want 7 D ready to go incase something happens in practice or someone comes up lame.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
If Morrissey gets suspended they could always recall Niku on an emergency basis. In the meantime he can practice with the Mooses today.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
If Morrissey gets suspended they could always recall Niku on an emergency basis. In the meantime he can practice with the Mooses today.

Your right i just find it odd that they likely knew first thing this morning that Morrissey was having a hearing and would of likely held off and sending him back until they knew for sure what was coming from it. Your right it could be just so he could skate with the Moose today.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
So what's the deal now?

Currently he is assigned to the Moose in the AHL. Stay tuned for more info. I think he will be recalled in time for Jets practice tomorrow on an emergency basis. If for no other reason than just to f*** with Boudreau's mind even if they know Myers can play.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I guess he was sitting in the attacking end zone...

Morrow-Byfuglien
Niku-Trouba
Chiarot-Poolman

Do we have a 7th D right now? I'm losing track. :laugh:
Still no Toby or Myers - or are they game time decisions? Probably not, if they didn't practice today.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Do we have a 7th D right now? I'm losing track. :laugh:
Still no Toby or Myers - or are they game time decisions? Probably not, if they didn't practice today.

Melchiori out too with the Moose. Schilling or Nogier next up? Rest of the guys the Jets have signed are juniors.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Melchiori out too with the Moose. Schilling or Nogier next up? Rest of the guys the Jets have signed are juniors.

Jets have Kostalek as well, but he's been injured a bunch (back now I believe). Nogier has also been mediocre but considering his missing almost the whole season that makes sense.

Schilling is basically the Jets only option left right now. However with Myers and Enstrom perhaps back right away and Morrissey guaranteed back for next game it shouldn't matter.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017

I guess he was sitting in the attacking end zone...

Morrow-Byfuglien
Niku-Trouba
Chiarot-Poolman

I think it’s gonna be flipped around on the Left Side. Chiarot has showed this season that he can be more than a plug in tough guy to show up when someone gets injured, he’s learned and improved juristically to play defensively very well all around the ice and make plays offensively minded. Morrow is more so what Chiarot was a season or two ago, a tough guy who will battle hard but hasn’t got the tools to be good(just good enough, obviously with Chiarot that has changed quite a bit this season though).

All that being said, this is not a Chiarot thread and Niku should get his minutes beside Trouba so I’m expecting the lines to resemble something like this>

Chiarot - Byfuglien
Niku - Trouba
Morrow - Poolman

SirKlaus

Nov 8, 2017
Time to let that flow fly.

uRWWg.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->