Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall Connor Hellebuyck.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Good for Helle, but why would they not wait until after tonight's game to call him up?

The likelihood of him playing against Colorado is slim to none, flights from WPG to COL are short, and the Moose need any help they can get.

White Out 403*

Cant say how excited I am that Connor is on the big club finally.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Damn, and i am going to see the Moose game this afternoon. Was hoping to see him.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Good for Helle, but why would they not wait until after tonight's game to call him up?

The likelihood of him playing against Colorado is slim to none, flights from WPG to COL are short, and the Moose need any help they can get.

They probably need 2 goalies for practice, hence the call up today

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I'm a little unclear on the rules but since the Moose play today who is backing up Comrie. Once a player gets called up he can't be a backup too can he?

edit: never mind found my answer in another thread...amateur tryout for backup to Comrie

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada

The Jets are TNSE's priority. He may get a practice and morning skate in with the big club before he sits on the end of the bench tomorrow night. Probably penciled in to start next Saturday against the Avs.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Won't know about Pavelec's status until after today's scrum.

Jets-practice-003-300x182.jpg

Moose have signed Joe Caliguiri to an ATO. This isn't his first time being called up for a Winnipeg based team.

More on that from 2011 click here.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Haha I've played with Joe some. Good for him to make some coin and praccy with the Moose :)

Beyond pumped to see Helleboy in Jets silks. I don't know if he'll get a chance to play but I sure hope he makes an impression. Maybe we can get out of Pav's final year of his deal.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Right on! :yo:

I imagine they will ride Hutch while Pavs is hurt, but I guess you never know!

Would love for him to get his chance

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
Jets have 2 games this week, then B2B road games Friday/Saturday.
If Helle's still on board by then he'd have to start one of those B2B games...right?

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Sara Orlesky ‏@saraorlesky 9m9 minutes ago
Maurice had no update on Pavelec's injury, other than he won't be available tomorrow vs COL. #NHLJets

Sara Orlesky ‏@saraorlesky 7m7 minutes ago
Will wait for report on Pavelec from doctors, but if he is out for a bit, Maurice does plan to play Hellebuyck.#NHLJets

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Jets have 2 games this week, then B2B road games Friday/Saturday.
If Helle's still on board by then he'd have to start one of those B2B games...right?

See Toronto Maple Leafs ride the hot goalie. Hutch can play back to back. Just not the whole season. But it would be nice to see another goalie play.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Haha yeah I was like... wow 4 pages already, AND I commented? Was I sleep deprived?

I'm so excited!

https://streamable.com/rwzl

^There are a few highlights I put together from his season on the Moose so far.

Wow thanks for that. Really nice highlight package. Exactly one sprawling save. Smooth and slow. About 1/5 of the way through there's one save where he slides along with the puck and puts his skate on the outside of the post. A lot of NHL goalies don't do this. It shows a high level of awareness. He seals up the net a bit better at the great expense of not being able to recover to the other side. But it's on purpose. I remember one goalie twitter account (I follow a few) highly praising Price for doing something similar.

He has really nice size and patience, but his butterfly is not very wide nor flexible. Very opposite of Comrie. Does anyone know if he can move the puck?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad