Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall Connor Hellebuyck.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I doubt he'll play - if Pavs doesn't get the game Hutch should - and I don't think it would be great to give a guy only 20 minutes on his NHL debut...

Hmm it would be nice to see though

Good for him

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
IMO it's all about getting the experience for him. Not 100% sure he will dress against Calgary, but I could see a scenario where PoMo would like to get Hutch a game as he hasn't played for a while and we don't want him too cold just in case, and Helle can be the back up. That also gets Helle a little bigger game cheque, and that's not a bad thank you for his efforts this season.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
IMO it's all about getting the experience for him. Not 100% sure he will dress against Calgary, but I could see a scenario where PoMo would like to get Hutch a game as he hasn't played for a while and we don't want him too cold just in case, and Helle can be the back up. That also gets Helle a little bigger game cheque, and that's not a bad thank you for his efforts this season.

I was just about to mention this.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
My guess is Hutch starts and Helle backup, with Pavelec getting the day off. Since Hutch hasn't been playing for a few days, it'll be good to get him a game. I don't think Helle needs his debut right now.

Hutch will be playing with Pav for the playoffs, so it's better to get him out on the ice.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Yeah makes sense that Hutch starts and Helle is the backup. Can teams keep 3 goalies for the playoffs with one in the pressbox?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Yeah makes sense that Hutch starts and Helle is the backup. Can teams keep 3 goalies for the playoffs with one in the pressbox?

Yes there aren't even any salary cap restrictions in the playoffs and roster limit disappeared at the TD.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013

Roster size is practically limitless after the Trade Deadline. Anyone with a Jets contract can stay on the roster and sit in the box from now until the cup.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Here come 17 consecutive shutouts a Stanley and a Conn Smyth!

:sarcasm:

I'm happy for Connor and hope he gets the start. He has been exceptional at every level and I'd love to see what he can do against a Calgary team that probably knows very little about him.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
little to no way he starts.
Hutchinson needs the game.
Helle will back it up and play in practice. he gets the experience of practicing with NHL-caliber players. that's the reward.
was hoping 1-2 other guys would be joining him (Lipon and Kosmo, although neither really deserve it that much)

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
He'll dress, as a thank you from the organization. Getting to practice with an NHL squad will be good experience for him as well.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Will be nice for Comrie to get some AHL games this weekend as well.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Also gives Comrie the starts on the weekend and a nice last month paycheck for Helly. All in all a good guy move by the Jets

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Pavs just pitched 3 SOs in 4 days. I think he earned/needs a rest.

Pavs. 3 SOs. ........... In 4 freakin days! I still don't think that actually happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad