Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall Connor Hellebuyck.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
This is awesome! Let him sit on the bench on Sat, collect a nice cheque, get some practice with the NHLers, give Comrie a couple games... it's all coming together!

My Hellebuyck hoodie is now relevant. :D

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
Wow! Didn't see that comin! My guess is that he just practices with the Jets to build his confidence back up. I think the Jets express their further belief in him and in his skills and give him a big thank you in more than just words. Plus, this is the playoffs. We need anyone that may be called upon to play to be and stay sharp. I hope to still be playing for a long time so you have to be prepared for a few different eventualities. I don't expect him to play on Saturday though. My guess is that they want to give him exposure to and make him part of the playoff run as well for the experience of it. I am hoping for a lot of things this year yet, but I have no doubt that Helleby projects as our Stanley Cup tender.:yo:

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I want to see him play but I also want Hutch to get back on form for the playoffs. No chance Hellbuck plays though unless Hutch gets hurt or shelled. It'll be nice for him to get some NHL practices and paychecks in.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I can't wait for him to get a legit start.
Welcome to Helle.
The King of Helle.
Helle on earth.
Fun.

GoJetsGo204

Jan 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Wouldn't mind him sitting on the bench. Don't want him starting though. As meaningless as this game is, you still want to build some momentum for the playoffs, and giving a goalie his first career start (while it might pan out) at this point in the year doesn't send the right message to the players in the room.

Give Pavs a rest, but it is not a throw-away game.

Everything the Jets do now is focused on winning the cup, the future is on the back-burner for a bit here.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'm surprised more players haven't been re-called. I was expecting a lot of players sitting the game out, and the IceCaps have nothing to play for.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
giphy.gif

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
This is a smart move. I'd give Hutch the start, but I'd also give Hellebuyck a period or two to get the first NHL game jitters out of the system as we may need Hellebuyck during the playoffs.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Here come 17 consecutive shutouts a Stanley and a Conn Smyth!
:sarcasm:

I'm happy for Connor and hope he gets the start. He has been exceptional at every level and I'd love to see what he can do against a Calgary team that probably knows very little about him.

Woo hoo -- Ken Dryden & the 1971 Montreal Canadians all over again (yes - I was a big fan of the Habs in those days)

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd love to see him get the start vs the Flames but as others mentioned, Hutch with Hellebuyck as backup seems more realistic.

Can't wait for his eventual first start through whenever that may be.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Maurice said in his press conference this afternoon Hutch would be getting the start tomorrow with Hellebuyck backing up.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I forgot he was recalled once before. Man, some of the posts in here are embarrassing.

Looking back isn't always pretty. :D S'all good. Hope Hellebuyck makes the most of this stint - really would like to see the combo of Hutch and Helle work well in Pav's absence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad