Confirmed with Link: Jets re-sign logan stanley 1 year 1 million

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
The scoring machine is back, all kidding aside all teams need a 7/8 D man during the season and we could do a lot worse

logan-stanley.gif

It's a bit if a meme at this point, but if you are looking for an asset to develop...

There is worse than a AHL/NHL results tweener that is 6'7 and has had minimal success in the past. These dues can take time and never get better or take time and get better. I don't think it's impossible for him to be a Hal Gill bottom pair PK type that van add real value to a contender

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He will need to work hard to retain that 7/8 job. If someone else beats him Jets can recover all of that cap by waiving him. If someone claims him they also recover the actual money. If not, he gets paid 1 mil to play on the Moose.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think Capobianco will be the one waived. I assume that any of Capo, Stanley and Chisholm would get claimed, regardless of when they're placed on waivers.
I’m not sure if any get claimed. Most teams have similar type D- men in the same 7/9 slot.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hope the kid lands someplace where he is needed full time.

One of the really tough things for 6-8 level D men is they don’t get the playing time needed to improve their game. Logan has been averaging 42 games a season since he was 21 and that is tough for a guy his height and with heavy feet. I think getting injured last season was the death blow for him in Winnipeg. He had played 58 games the season before and although everything about that still screamed bottom paring at best, at least he was getting the chance to become full time #6. Now that Samberg clearly passed him he is a 25 year old PB depth asset for the Jets.

Last edited:

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
No way 6’7 D-man Stanley former 1 st makes it through waivers his 1 st time waived…

If he gets picked up and shuts the bed on another team and gets re waived ….. maybe he makes it to the AHL….

Too many Gms desire size/ height and Stanley is 6’7 before he puts on his heels 👠!!

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I just don't see it with Stanley, I've tried but he just makes too many mistakes in his own end of the ice. Starting the season with the Moose and playing alot may help a little but I'm just not seeing it with Stanley.
I get the microscope on Stan - he's the low hanging fruit for many fans -
But we have a few Dmen that make a lot of mistakes in their own end - and cost a lot more than $1M. We are not that great defensively.

Regardless, this signing looks a prep for a move at some point - Stan wants to play and unless they move Dillon, I don't see him having much of an opportunity to play outside of a fill in.
At $1M, there are likely teams that would take a shot at him for a 2nd or 3rd - or as a throw in that might sweeten a deal they are trying to make happen.
There's no cap hit here for other teams - I can see interest in him with this contract - minimal downside.

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
how does his trade value gets altered in anyway if he is a pending RFA (1M - QO) vs on this 1M contract?

But we have a few Dmen that make a lot of mistakes in their own end - and cost a lot more than $1M. We are not that great defensively.

Regardless, this signing looks a prep for a move at some point - Stan wants to play and unless they move Dillon, I don't see him having much of an opportunity to play outside of a fill in.
At $1M, there are likely teams that would take a shot at him for a 2nd or 3rd - or as a throw in that might sweeten a deal they are trying to make happen.
There's no cap hit hear for other teams - I can see interest in him with this contract - minimal downside.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville

There's no cap hit hear for other teams - I can see interest in him with this contract - minimal downside.
This thread is largely a light for the Stanley-hating moths to flock to. His trajectory was looking good until he ran into injury problems, then when he came back he made some mistakes and after that there was no more second chances. The same thing happened to Harkens a couple of seasons ago. You can’t tell me that Appleton is better than Harkens.

I think Stanley can still be an effective defenseman somewhere, but likely not here. It’s not that we have players so much better than Stanley or Heinola (or Harkens for that matter), but the organization seems to have made their decision.

Oh, and moving Dillon would be a massive mistake. He’s the only guy on the team other than Lowry who effectively stands up to tough guys, and he’s probably our most dependable d-man outside of Morrissey ( unless Pionk and Demelo can find their games again).

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Capobianco will be the one waived. I assume that any of Capo, Stanley and Chisholm would get claimed, regardless of when they're placed on waivers.
The Jets have 9 D that require waivers...

Morrissey
Pionk
DeMelo
Dillon
Schmidt
Samberg
Stanley
Capobianco
Chisholm

They might keep 8 D, by waiving Capobianco, and trading Stanley (and keeping Heinola), but I doubt it.

They have a real glut on D and the only real solution is to trade at least two of them.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad