Confirmed with Link: Jets re-sign logan stanley 1 year 1 million

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Well this could also make him easier to trade as well.
I have a hard time seeing a scenario where they can get any value for him... orgs have a hard time parting with 1st round picks - especially ones they traded up to get... I can't see Stanley getting more than a 4th round pick

Reactions: Jets4Life

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I have a hard time seeing a scenario where they can get any value for him... orgs have a hard time parting with 1st round picks - especially ones they traded up to get... I can't see Stanley getting more than a 4th round pick

Doubt we get a first but he might be a decent add on for a team that needs a depth dmen.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I could see us moving Dillon out honestly. But I don't believe Stan gets another nhl contract from Winnipeg unless we do move Dillon out... and have a 3lhd competition between ville Stan and Chis. Nobody is then lost to waivers. Capo maybe wins the competition tho then u send ville down since you can still

Last edited:

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Chicago Anaheim others all likely would offer picks

Wondering if maybe Jets try to unload Schmidt or pionk to a Chicago and Stan Is the throw in

Schmidt Stan to Chicago for 3rd.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Wondering if maybe Jets try to unload Schmidt or pionk to a Chicago and Stan Is the throw in

Why do the Hawks do this? You might talk them into taking on Schmidt's salary for 2 seasons, but you'd have to do a lot more then throw in Stanley, especially if they also have to give up a 3rd. The Hawks would be looking for a Jets 1st in a deal like this.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
My guess is the Jets let Stanley and his agent shop him around all summer and there were no takers on anything that would have brought back a RFA compensation pick. Stanley finally took the Jets offer on the table. I doubt Stanley has any return value at this point. At best he is value neutral for a similarly priced 7/8 defenseman.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Well, I figured they'd do it, and they did it.

More grist for the "OMG battling for that 7D spot!" training camp narratives from local media, and hopefully a trade before the end of the season to set Big Stan or Ville or Capo or Chisholm or whomever free.

Pionk and Schmidt are here for the long haul I fear.

Reactions: AlaskaJet and hn777

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He signed for essentially his QO. So they gave the minimum they were able to give him.
It was actually pretty interesting how Chevy played the Stanley situation. Put the QO on the table and leave it there, and then let the player spend the summer trying to find a better offer. Then when he comes back, you treat it like business as usual and move on. Actually a very respectful way to handle a situation where there were rumours of the player wanting out.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It was actually pretty interesting how Chevy played the Stanley situation. Put the QO on the table and leave it there, and then let the player spend the summer trying to find a better offer. Then when he comes back, you treat it like business as usual and move on. Actually a very respectful way to handle a situation where there were rumours of the player wanting out.

Not the first time he's done it either. Did it with Dubois last year as well.

Only Chisholm to go, my guess is he wants a one way and the team wants a two-way.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Not the first time he's done it either. Did it with Dubois last year as well.

Only Chisholm to go, my guess is he wants a one way and the team wants a two-way.
I think Chisholm will have a hell of a time trying to get a one-way. Bargain up the 2-way as much as you can, and be ready to prove yourself if and when opportunity knocks.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
My guess is the Jets let Stanley and his agent shop him around all summer and there were no takers on anything that would have brought back a RFA compensation pick. Stanley finally took the Jets offer on the table. I doubt Stanley has any return value at this point. At best he is value neutral for a similarly priced 7/8 defenseman.
He was an RFA. He could have shopped himself around

If he found a team that wanted him, they could have thrown a low compensation offer sheet at him or (more likely) picked up the phone and called chevy to try to work out a trade

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Schmidt would probably take a 1st to get someone to take. There is a pretty big cost to unloading contracts that big, even if they are still useful guys

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He was an RFA. He could have shopped himself around

If he found a team that wanted him, they could have thrown a low compensation offer sheet at him or (more likely) picked up the phone and called chevy to try to work out a trade
Anything under $1,415,740 would have been zero compensation, but the Jets could have matched. And agreed if a team really wanted him they likely make some mid round offer in return.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
The scoring machine is back, all kidding aside all teams need a 7/8 D man during the season and we could do a lot worse

logan-stanley.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad