Jets Prospects 2018-2019 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Declan Chisholm with 61 points in 55 games in the OHL. So are some pretty sweet stats. Anyone that’s watched him this season, how’s his defence? For a 5th round pick does he have a legitimate shot at the NHL?

last season I was asking the Pete’s fans about this (his defence) and the reports back were that his defence was solid and he played on the top pair against the other teams best players. Fans who watched him allot said he was rounded and not a prototypical offensive D man.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
upload_2020-2-27_9-23-56.png

He fits into the middle of this list for OHL D in their 19 year old season since 2010, so hopefully more Pietrangelo and less Bigras :P.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
View attachment 327823

He fits into the middle of this list for OHL D in their 19 year old season since 2010, so hopefully more Pietrangelo and less Bigras :P.

D+2 doesn’t mean much (See Stanley, Logan) but it keeps you in the game. However, he was tracking to be a PPG player in his D+1 season and easily the top scorer on this team before sh$t stick Merkley arrived and ate his PP#1 minutes. Those were solid results.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
All the more reason I think it's vital to declare them as busts early and often. As a pessimist, I feel I have a responsibility to help others keep their expectations in check. :nod:

Are you pleasantly surprised when one confounds your expectations by making it? Or do you expect their success to be a short-lived illusion? :laugh:

Edit: Pessimism is an unforgiving mistress. :laugh:

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I think Chisholm has a more than decent chance of becoming an NHL D. Has great straight-ahead skating and excellent mobility, a good repertoire of shots, and is smart, smart, smart. I think he'll be terrific with the Moose once he gets comfortable and could do very well playing beside another all-rounder.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I think Chisholm has a more than decent chance of becoming an NHL D. Has great straight-ahead skating and excellent mobility, a good repertoire of shots, and is smart, smart, smart. I think he'll be terrific with the Moose once he gets comfortable and could do very well playing beside another all-rounder.
Fully agree. He's never done much to wow me in my viewings and I don't expect him to be a point producer at the NHL level, but I expect him to be solid. He doesn't get points with fancy moves or sneaky seam passes, he gets points by pushing the play forward and he does it very well and very reliably. He never seems to get caught off guard regardless of the pressure on him, he just always seems have a plan A, B, and C in his head in any given situation and he's good at choosing the safest option. I don't see any notable weaknesses in his game.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Fully agree. He's never done much to wow me in my viewings and I don't expect him to be a point producer at the NHL level, but I expect him to be solid. He doesn't get points with fancy moves or sneaky seam passes, he gets points by pushing the play forward and he does it very well and very reliably. He never seems to get caught off guard regardless of the pressure on him, he just always seems have a plan A, B, and C in his head in any given situation and he's good at choosing the safest option. I don't see any notable weaknesses in his game.
I really hope he develops well. So much of development is related to dedication and hard work. Harkins and Appleton are good examples of players that really put in the work to improve their skating / quickness and fitness to become NHL-caliber players.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Samberg with his first goal of the season tonight (after 2 periods)... 1g and 16a in his 25th game. That's a very healthy point scoring pace for the NCHC, which has an NHL equivalency (translation) factor just a bit lower than the AHL.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Samberg with his first goal of the season tonight (after 2 periods)... 1g and 16a in his 25th game. That's a very healthy point scoring pace for the NCHC, which has an NHL equivalency (translation) factor just a bit lower than the AHL.
Yup. You can basically take their NCHC stats over 30-35 games or so, and say that could be their production over 82 NHL games.

So if that means Samberg is a defence-first, 20pt NHL defenceman, who has size, strength, skates well, and moves the puck well, sign me up.

Shaundogg

Oct 3, 2019
Know were talking about Chisholm, Samberg, etc but what happened with Giovanni Vallati? He had a decent season last year and seems to have fallen off the map, prospects wise. Anyone seen his play this year?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Know were talking about Chisholm, Samberg, etc but what happened with Giovanni Vallati? He had a decent season last year and seems to have fallen off the map, prospects wise. Anyone seen his play this year?

I was thinking the same thing this past week I looked up his stats and was really surprised at the regression in raw scoring.

Reactions: JetsUK

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I was thinking the same thing this past week I looked up his stats and was really surprised at the regression in raw scoring.

I'm guessing that usage is playing a part in that, but I don't know. Does anyone here look at Oshawa Generals?

Reactions: ps241
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad