Jets Prospects 2018-2019 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Agreed, after a slow start ves is really starting to come on. Harkins is a couple of years older.
Potential is a funny thing. For me though, Harkins is above KVes at this very stage. His performance this year has been superior. His stats are better and he us currently up with the Jets.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Potential is a funny thing. For me though, Harkins is above KVes at this very stage. His performance this year has been superior. His stats are better and he us currently up with the Jets.
So, how does Heinola fit at the top of the equation?

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Shout out to Arvid Holm, the Jets 21 year old goalie prospect playing for Färjestad, #2 in the SHL.

Numbers are average at .911SVS% and 2.34 GAA, but they are improving after a slow defensive start for the team overall. He has much better numbers and has taken over the starters role from vet Markus Svensson (with experience from the KHL).

A few weeks ago, Holm was goalie of the week in the SHL.

I am not a goalie expert, but he is big and athletic. Probably needs some work on positioning, but that should come with experience.

Holm was brought in as replacement for Adam Werner (goalie prospect for the Avs, and the guy that shut out the Jets at home earlier this season).

I hope, he can challenge Berdin for the backup position on the Jets within 2-3 years. I mean, a top team in the SHL isn't far off from Moose/AHL level, and natural progression would have him play one more year at Färjestad or move to the Moose next season if Berdin is ready to backup Helle.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Shout out to Arvid Holm, the Jets 21 year old goalie prospect playing for Färjestad, #2 in the SHL.

Numbers are average at .911SVS% and 2.34 GAA, but they are improving after a slow defensive start for the team overall. He has much better numbers and has taken over the starters role from vet Markus Svensson (with experience from the KHL).

I am not a goalie expert, but he is big and athletic. Probably needs some work on positioning, but that should come with experience.

Holm was brought in as replacement for Adam Werner (goalie prospect for the Avs, and the guy that shut out the Jets at home earlier this season).

I hope, he can challenge Berdin for the backup position on the Jets within 2-3 years. I mean, a top team in the SHL isn't far off from Moose/AHL level, and natural progression would have him play one more year at Färjestad or move to the Moose next season if Berdin is ready to backup Helle.
Thanks for the update. It's always good to have a few big goalies in the system. You never know when one is going to develop into a good NHLer.

Reactions: hn777

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I can't wait until the day he is signed. He'd have my vote for the most important add to our defense next season.
A Samberg - Pionk pairing sounds pretty great playing behind a Morrissey - Manson* top pairing

* substitute Manson with another big, strong, mobile defensively sound RHD

Reactions: KingBogo

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Samberg ranks #2 in points/game among D in the toughest NCAA division (NCHC) and #10 overall among NCAA D. This along with his high end defensive play. He really is a top end prospect, in my view.
Ya, he’s gonna be a beauty shut down D. I hope they’re out early so he can sign, collect his bonus and a few extra bucks this year and let him be around the team at the very least or join the Moose on their run.

Reactions: KingBogo and mazmin

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Samberg ranks #2 in points/game among D in the toughest NCAA division (NCHC) and #10 overall among NCAA D. This along with his high end defensive play. He really is a top end prospect, in my view.
Super happy to see some solid point production. That was missing in previous years. I was hoping Perunovich would turn pro, so he could be even more of a focal point, but I'm very happy with his progress.

Reactions: ps241

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Holm has a pretty long track record of mediocrity. I wouldn't read too much into his recent run. But you never know.

And people are really jumping the gun on Berdin. He's a lot of fun, but a long way from the NHL.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Holm has a pretty long track record of mediocrity. I wouldn't read too much into his recent run. But you never know.

And people are really jumping the gun on Berdin. He's a lot of fun, but a long way from the NHL.
So I guess the "pretty long track record of mediocrity" brought him to a top team in the SHL at 20 yo (now 21);)
I get your point and I understand that "goalies are voodoo" etc etc, but someone must like him, as he was brought to Allsvenskan at 19 and SHL at 20. I guess, this is the first time he plays behind a solid defense. I also like he has more NHL size than Berdin.

Again, I don't really disagree with your POV, time will show.

Now up to .914sv% on the season.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Seems like Smith, Blaisdell, and Heinola have run into brick walls point wise. Nothing coming for them lately. Wong hasn't registered a point since his first NCAA game right before New Years.

Chisholm has matched his point total of last year at 48 through 41 games, took him 67 games last season.

Reactions: hn777 and JetsUK

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Seems like Smith, Blaisdell, and Heinola have run into brick walls point wise. Nothing coming for them lately. Wong hasn't registered a point since his first NCAA game right before New Years.

Chisholm has matched his point total of last year at 48 through 41 games, took him 67 games last season.

The dreaded "malaise" is spreading...

And only Chisholm has the antidote. Time to get that kid in for some testing.

Last edited by a moderator:

sfo

Oct 13, 2008

Blaisdell had an assist on UND’s first goal tonight. He was actually more noticeable this weekend than he’s been in a while.

He does not get a ton of ice time from the 4th line, particularly if there is a lot of special teams play.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Blaisdell had an assist on UND’s first goal tonight. He was actually more noticeable this weekend than he’s been in a while.

He does not get a ton of ice time from the 4th line, particularly if there is a lot of special teams play.

Nathan Smith also got the OT winner and first star.

Duluth got shut out, so nothing for Samberg.

Wong didn't dress.

Reactions: hn777

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

4th line now?!!! The UND coach is ruining Blaisdell's career. He should go play in the WHL. I can't have my favourite pick from that draft being treated like a scrub!

:soap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad