Jets Media - TV, YouTube, Radio etc

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case. I'm not sure if your familiar with the classic 70s sitcom WKRP (a show about a radio station), but it was revealed at the end of the series that the owner of the station changed the format to intentionally lose money . So this line of thinking is definitely not unheard of.

You know WKRP was fiction, right?

To write off a loss, you must first incur that loss. Hard to make money that way. :laugh:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Watching the new Hustler show on youtube now. So didn't Remis get a gig with one of the NHL teams south of the border a while back?

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

The debut episode of Winnipeg Sports Talk Daily with Andrew "Hustler" Paterson and Michael Remis. They'll recap the weekend of Winnipeg Jets hockey, discuss the latest news around the NHL, be joined by Vegas Golden Knights Insider Gary Lawless (16:00), Murat Ates (39:40) of The Athletic and look ahead to the evening's lines

Last edited:

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Latest Skates and Plates has dropped. It features one of my favorite hockey anylists out there - Gus Katsaros who was a frequent guest on 1290.

Skates & Plates

Skates & Plates Podcast - EP26 - S1 Feat. Gus Katsaros

Brandon Rewucki breaks down the Jets embarrassing loss in Montreal before Gus Katsaros of McKeen's Hockey stops by to preview the upcoming series against the Maple Leafs and how Winnipeg can take advantage of Toronto.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...d=0CAUQkfYCahcKEwi4gr3auKPvAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAg

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCEqYcU4IEXvfWt0vtGA_Cww

Thanks to https://hfboards.mandatory.com/members/wgpsensfan.306093/ for alerting us to this

‘Hustler’ doesn’t think in the short term. He has a long-range plan for Winnipeg Sports Talk with additional programs such as extra Jets and Blue Bomber shows. “The vision is that by next hockey season we’re going to have a few hours of unique local content coming out of the channel on a daily basis
.”

The Hustler is Back: 'Winnipeg Sports Talk' Aims to Fill Void Left by Silenced Airwaves | ChrisD.ca

I subscribed and listened yesterday. I thought it was great and will be listening whenever I can.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
I’m I the only one watching less because of Kevin Sawyer? I was never a huge fan of Beyak but he usually had a decent colour guy but it’s hard to take.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Looks like the Kenny and Renny channel is starting to do live Jets postgame shows. Here's the one they did for last night's game

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
Just watching the real kyper at noon on YouTube. A lot of Jets talk regarding defence and who they may go after. The word is spreading quickly around the league how bad our defence needs a boost. Hopefully Chevy is listening and starts the process. Can the Jets win the north with this D core. I would lean towards a big fat no.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
JOHN MICHAEL LILES!

If you've got 3 names, Dennis will say them all.

He'll try, at least. I'm thinking about getting this legendary three-barreller printed on a jersey and donate it to a Dennis Beyak charity auction:

The longest personal name is 747 characters long, and belongs to Hubert Blaine Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff Sr. (b. 4 August 1914, Germany) who passed away on 24 October 1997, in Philidelphia, Pennsylvania USA, as verified on 1 January 2021.

Longest personal name

Reactions: Bayleigh The Intern

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Hustler's new podcast is 3 days in and it ranks as the 7th most popular podcast in Canada.

Apple Podcasts : Canada : All Podcasts Podcast Charts - Top Podcasts (Updated

Not just sports podcasts (where it's #1), but all podcasts. So it's ahead of, say, Joe Rogan. That's pretty amazing considering it's pretty limited to things happening in Manitoba.

Really speaks to the void created when TSN 1290 shutdown, and the Sports market that exists here in Winnipeg. Also it helps that Hustler is one of the best in the biz and very popular here.

Big fan so far. Have never been a big podcast person, but now I am finding myself liking the format. I was able to listen to the first hour of todays show walking my dog, then listened to the second half while driving in my car. With radio, I missed many shows, or caught his show but missed the segments that I would be interested in.

I like that we are starting at ground level with Hustler and Remus, similar to when he started Hustler and Lawless. I actually like that they are making some mistakes and having some tech issues, because we will think back years from now to the first few shows, and the rough edges it had.

So far Hustler has had solid guests, and it sounds and feels just like his TSN afternoon show. It has given my afternoon walk its listening content back again.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I’ve really been enjoying Hustlers new show. Quality guests. Commercial free but for a few plugs here and there. I need to figure out how the heck podcasts work. I can only figure out the YouTube part.

Good stuff always liked Hustlers stuff except when he was on Super Bowl row with Lawless years ago.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I’ve really been enjoying Hustlers new show. Quality guests. Commercial free but for a few plugs here and there. I need to figure out how the heck podcasts work. I can only figure out the YouTube part.

Good stuff always liked Hustlers stuff except when he was on Super Bowl row with Lawless years ago.
On my iPhone you can go to iTunes and the podcasts are usually up by 3pm. If you subscribe to Winnipeg Sports Talk through iTunes you can access them with the podcast icon that is on your iPhone.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

I'm a big fan. Great to have Hustler back!

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020

If you aren't an iPhone guy, use Google Podcasts or Spotify to subscribe to the show.

I used to find podcasts a bit of a hassle before, but those two apps have really simplified things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad