Panarin headed for another playoff no show?

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Congrats. You managed to involve the Leafs in a subject matter that was entirely and should be entirely devoid of the Leafs.

Since you decided to inject the Leafs into the conversation... One team is up 3-0 (the rangers) the other is about to have their 9 millionth first round exit (hint hint, they fall off trees). The series is probably already over in a clean sweep if the Bruins just stuck with Swayman. :cheers:
...ok? That has nothing to do with individual playoff performances, and you also seem to be under the impression I'm a leafs fan.

I only brought them up to highlight Panarin's equally if not more disappointing playoff numbers since they are typically deemed the worst playoff performers of this generation relative to talent. I also did the same with Stamkos but I don't see you being bothered by his mention.

On the topic of Panarin, the Caps have thrown everything at stopping Panarin. This is why Trocheck has had such a monster series with 5 points in 3 games. He's not receiving the same coverage he does and has more time and space because of all the attention going to Panarin.
I'm sure that's true. But the same can be said for most superstar players.

Reactions: The Management

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Panarin is contributing by opening up ice for other players. Caps probably said let's not let Panarin beat us and they're not, everyone else is which is what happens when you have depth and good players. He will get his points but it's still early, relax

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
his hair has grown back too much.

Needs to bic that shit ASAP or the Rongos are going nowhere

By the way Fox so far only has one assist. He's still a great defenseman.
Fox has historically performed great in the playoffs though, thats why no one is concerned about him. Panarin on the other hand has something to prove.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
he had a much better 3rd, but he wasnt effective offensively 5 on 5 for most of the series. he was pretty physical for a small skill player in the series tbh.

Reactions: LokiDog

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I reserve judgment for now. But he stepped up as necessary today and I hope he plays well against our R2 opponent.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
2 points tonight including GW goal. Need him to get going if the Rangers want to make a deep run.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Reading lots of complaints about the Rangers after sweeping their opponent
Our fanbase is weird. For a team that has 1 cup in almost a century, the fans complain about any success the team does have. 55 wins this year, 114 points, first sweep in 17 years. I'm happy and excited but i'm seeing lots of fans just acting miserable and using all kinds of things against the team like they are trying to make excuses for their success. Very strange

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Our fanbase is weird. For a team that has 1 cup in almost a century, the fans complain about any success the team does have. 55 wins this year, 114 points, first sweep in 17 years. I'm happy and excited but i'm seeing lots of fans just acting miserable and using all kinds of things against the team like they are trying to make excuses for their success. Very strange

In all fairness, as a Rangers fan I have become very cynical over the years.

But it doesn't mean I find flaws in the tiniest of potential issues.
Nothing wrong with being cynical but there's levels to it.

At the end of the day, winning the cup is the only thing that ultimately matters so I have no problem with fans being cynical.

I do have a problem with being unnecessarily pessimistic.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Reading lots of complaints about the Rangers after sweeping their opponent
It is starting to drive me nuts. The only team to sweep, more than doubled up the opposition for the series, doubled them up in 3/4 games individually, and half the people are complaining that they suck lol

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014

it's just the nature of any big market fanbase...there's going to be a larger total number of bellends but it's essentially all just proportional to the total population they derive from.

i love the idiosyncrasies of each large fanbase's lunatic fringe though....that's the best part. they all develop a severe insecurity and resistance to any external mention of their respective org's primary critical narratives....but also internally obsess over the possibility that the narrative is real and they might as well hit the rebuild button.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Caps hacking him and taking liberties behind the play might have gotten to him a bit but I think it was the shot blocking and all that made things look worse. He didn’t have official shots but he was taking them, just none of them got through or he missed the net
That’s still on him to find ways to get his shot through but he was doing more than some thought

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Ends the series with 3 points in a 4 game sweep of the opponent. Everyone has to be so quick with the reactionary takes.
I think it’s more about the context of how he played last year, and then this regular season went when we are evaluating his first 4 playoff games this year.

He was a no show last year then had a dominant regular season where he showed why he’s an utterly game-breaking talent. Then in the playoffs so far against the caps, he did enough to get on the scoresheet and win the series, but never took over the game like we have seen him do during the regular season.

This year he’s been able to make something happen almost every shift. But the past four games, it’s been more like making something happen 2-3 times per game.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Ends the series with 3 points in a 4 game sweep of the opponent. Everyone has to be so quick with the reactionary takes.
Panarin is fantastic on the powerplay and this doesn't change in the playoffs. That being said, over 61 games of playoff hockey he scores at a 4th liner rate in 5vs5 and has abysmal underlying metrics. 43 xgf% and 44 gf%.

He had one 5vs5 point against the Caps (by far the worst team in the playoffs), but also had only 37 xgf%. It's not like he did anything to disprove the narrative that he struggles in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad