OT: Jets Lounge: Now buying Kaopectate in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I don't post in here often, but I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 + 1/2 years, feel so lost :/

Sorry to hear that man. I know how much that sucks.

It means nothing to you right now but it's true: There is somewhere out there for you who is really meant for YOU. Breaking up with this girl will enable you to find that person.

Derfel*

I don't post in here often, but I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 + 1/2 years, feel so lost :/

Man - rough stuff. I know how bad that sort of thing hurts.

Like someone else said - focus on yourself right now. Be sure to go out and do something new this week - visit a new place in town you've never been, go see a show you wouldn't have watched before, try a new type of food you haven't tried yet. It's a small thing, but believe me it helps.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville

Chin up, friend. I know this will be no comfort right now, but the Jets are looking good and playing Monday at noon, the Jays are still in it and the Bombers look to actually make the post-season. All that stuff might take your mind off the situation. You know, something else to focus on.

If not, reach out to friends and family and talk it out. There are people who will listen and let you vent, which helps. Don't do anything rash without talking to somebody first. Even talk to us here - we've all been through it at some point in our lives. Of course for me it was like 35 years ago, but I still remember the hurt.

Good luck.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Something I found out watching the Blue Jays game.....apparently according to Harold Reynolds of the MLB Network people at the Rogers Centre can't catch fouls balls and it's dangerous because Canadians didn't grow up playing baseball....fairly confident that was the most idiotic comment ever said by a baseball commentator.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Something I found out watching the Blue Jays game.....apparently according to Harold Reynolds of the MLB Network people at the Rogers Centre can't catch fouls balls and it's dangerous because Canadians didn't grow up playing baseball....fairly confident that was the most idiotic comment ever said by a baseball commentator.

Holy man, I was coming in here to comment on the same thing. Is that guy a moron or what. Then he went on to justify why the fan in Texas didn't catch the ball, "no one would have caught that one" he says. What a donkey, this crappy crew sucks to listen to and why does FOX's HD suck so bad compared to everyone else?
edit: I think he said they spoke about what you said in the games in TOR, anyone know what they said during those regarding us people not being able to catch balls.

Last edited:

Derfel*

Holy man, I was coming in here to comment on the same thing. Is that guy a moron or what. Then he went on to justify why the fan in Texas didn't catch the ball, "no one would have caught that one" he says. What a donkey, this crappy crew sucks to listen to and why does FOX's HD suck so bad compared to everyone else?
edit: I think he said they spoke about what you said in the games in TOR, anyone know what they said during those regarding us people not being able to catch balls.

Wow - we were saying the same thing! Does he assume we "don't play baseball" because it's too hard to find the bases under all the snow we have 51 weeks of the year? :shakehead

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Larry Walker ‏@Cdnmooselips33 50m50 minutes ago
I won 7 gold gloves. I think part of winning them was cause I could catch.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Imagine how Americans feel when Canadian sportscasters say they don't know hockey like we do:amazed:

The thing is that had been true in large parts of the southern US before hockey arrived there. (although it is dumb when it's constantly mentioned nowadays)

Baseball has been played in this country since the 1800's.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Holy... This week.

One of my professor's passed away in an accident earlier this week. Yesterday, a friend got evicted. I've seen the Pacific for the first time in my life, and my head is spinning all over the place.

And people wonder why I need hockey in my life?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Holy... This week.

One of my professor's passed away in an accident earlier this week. Yesterday, a friend got evicted. I've seen the Pacific for the first time in my life, and my head is spinning all over the place.

Don't tell me - it's for the rational discussion on the main boards, and the lack of drama on ice? ;)

The only thing good about bad weeks like that is that it's difficult to up-stage or repeat it. Seeing the Pacific for the first time doesn't sound so bad, though.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg

Haha he said that as I was sitting next to my ball and glove. I like to run to the backyard with my pitching screen and pretend that I can pitch. :laugh:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Don't tell me - it's for the rational discussion on the main boards, and the lack of drama on ice? ;)

The only thing good about bad weeks like that is that it's difficult to up-stage or repeat it. Seeing the Pacific for the first time doesn't sound so bad, though.

Yes. That and listening to unbiased talk about players from knowledgeable people.:sarcasm:

And yes, the Pacific visit was really nice!

spellchecker45

Oct 3, 2011
Holy... This week.

You saw the pacific show hbo one that is similar to band of brothers? I thought bob was way better though the pacific was a good portrayal of the war also just not as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad