OT: Jets Lounge: Now buying Kaopectate in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I've brought that point up in relation to other "disaster" movies and shows, and never gotten a straight answer.

On a related note - if you haven't read "The World Without Us", you should.

I watched a show like that actually. It was pretty interesting.

Derfel*

Watched an inning of the Jays game, and remembered why I don't watch baseball on TV.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Sold my old car. I had no idea how to handle the thing so made out a bill of sale but didn't get a copy for myself, just gave it to the buyer. How screwed am I? Never dealt with that type of situation. I had no insurance on the car so how could they come back on me? Should be fine right?

Wait......your you sold your old car?? I don't think you got board approval for that did you? You and that beast were joined at the hip. Watch out because that car is going to find its way back to your place and it's going to be pi55ed you dumped it. :sarcasm:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Watched an inning of the Jays game, and remembered why I don't watch baseball on TV.

Ok so the awards signature at the bottom of your posts are gold Jerry.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Donaldson and Bautista out with injuries. ****.

Should not have given Price 11 days rest, he was very much off this game.

Supposedly Donaldson passed the concussion protocol and most likely will be in tomorrow haven't heard about Bautista yet.

I think Stroman will be very good tomorrow but they are facing Cole Hamels so ....

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
attachment.php

pretty awesome sled wrap! :yo:

posted on a sledding forum I frequent.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.

Supposedly Donaldson passed the concussion protocol and most likely will be in tomorrow haven't heard about Bautista yet.

I think Stroman will be very good tomorrow but they are facing Cole Hamels so ....

Bautista was out with a tight hamstring. Are you for real? A tight hammy? **** off.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
The discussion about zombies in this thread is pretty great.
Yes Walking Dead is overrated. I really do t see how it didn't get cancelled.
The "best" zombies are from "The Last of Us" imo. No other media has done it better.

Derfel*

The "best" zombies are from "The Last of Us" imo. No other media has done it better.

Oh I don't know - "Warm Bodies" did it pretty well. :sarcasm:

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman

I honestly have more confidence in Stroman than Price...

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.

The 11 mil it makes every episode says it won't get cancelled. It may be overrated, but its not THAT overrated.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
The 11 mil it makes every episode says it won't get cancelled. It may be overrated, but its not THAT overrated.

yup. it should get another year or two of viewership ratings trending upwards. the first season had an average of 5.2 million an episode, fast forward to the last season and it has steadily increased to 14.4 million average viewers an episode.

clearly viewership numbers do not make it an epic all time classic tv series but it does show that it is very popular. I quite enjoy it as it is different, the story line is entertaining, the acting is decent and I enjoy apocalypse scenarios.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
yup. it should get another year or two out of trending viewership ratings. the first season had an average of 5.2 million an episode, fast forward to the last season and it has steadily increased to 14.4 million average viewers an episode.

clearly viewership numbers do not make it an epic all time classic tv series but it does show that it is very popular. I quite enjoy it as it is different, the story line is entertaining, the acting is decent and I enjoy apocalypse scenarios.

It's the nature of the game now - people binge-watch series that are well established and start watching live in later seasons. The long-arc works well for hooking people on a series.

BTW: Anyone watched The Grinder with Rob Lowe yet? If you ever watched CSI Miami just to laugh at Horatio's ridiculous one-liners to begin each show (YEEEEEAAAAAAAH!!!) then you'll enjoy The Grinder.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
It's the nature of the game now - people binge-watch series that are well established and start watching live in later seasons. The long-arc works well for hooking people on a series.

BTW: Anyone watched The Grinder with Rob Lowe yet? If you ever watched CSI Miami just to laugh at Horatio's ridiculous one-liners to begin each show (YEEEEEAAAAAAAH!!!) then you'll enjoy The Grinder.

YES! watched the first pilot episode last night on my PS4. man it was hilarious, some really good chemistry on the pilot. I am not sure when it airs on television, so your theory is correct as I will binge watch it after the season is over.

Derfel*

A ringing endorsement!

(It actually was a decent movie. I just assume "zombie enthusiasts" would have an issue with it.)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Wait...was Warm Bodies actually Beauty and the Beast with Zombies? Who was Gaston? He's the real monster...

Derfel*

Wait...was Warm Bodies actually Beauty and the Beast with Zombies? Who was Gaston? He's the real monster...

The "Gaston" character dies quite early on in the movie, if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad