OT: Jets Lounge: No one knows whats going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
My FHM2 lineup for opening night against Boston. Trouba suffered a minor groin injury in preseason and won't be ready to go for another 2 days so hopefully the boys can come away with the W.

Lineup.png

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
O.T. But hockey related...

With the 3 on 3 this year most likely ending most games before a shootout, any ideas if Proline is going to be different? In the past there were some good odds on picking ties ( like 6.25 5.75 etc ) which was when the game went to a shootout, but now what kind of odds will "ties" have? For something that will no longer happen as much as before.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Pfft, no. PC master race for this *****. Only way to play a Bethsoft game.

Are you talking about the future carpal tunnel scar race?
The only way to play a game is on my couch with a beer beside me and not having to ice my wrists the next day.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
If you're playing PC games to the point that you're getting carpal tunnel syndrome, you're doing it wrong.

I have it and it is entirely due to heavy mmo playing in the past. Especially ones without a GCD.
I can't type at a keyboard for more than 30 minutes at a time now.
If I could go back in time I would have stuck to consoles.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Feschuk isn't meant to be taken seriously, they have him write these silly and mostly unfunny bits for every issue. IMO SportsNet magazine is actually a decent read at a dirt cheap price. Reminds me a bit of what Sports Illustrated used to be.

He's really broken some new ground in terms of Winnipeg humor. What's next? Jokes about our cold winters? We wait with bated breath!

And even threw in a reference to Banksy! So hip and on point! **** off... :laugh:

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Feschuk isn't meant to be taken seriously, they have him write these silly and mostly unfunny bits for every issue. IMO SportsNet magazine is actually a decent read at a dirt cheap price. Reminds me a bit of what Sports Illustrated used to be.

And even threw in a reference to Banksy! So hip and on point! **** off... :laugh:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Feschuk isn't meant to be taken seriously

Well he can't be taken humorously either. If that's comedy these days, I weep for our culture.

Perhaps it's best he's not taken in any way at all, except "to the EI office"

Best was this:

After such a surprising and enjoyable 2014–15, how will the Flames do this year? Here are some actual words that appeared in an actual hockey preview: “Only Buffalo and Colorado had a worse Corsi For percentage than Calgary last season, but an elevated PDO helped the Flames mask some problems.†Are we talking about a manual transmission? A communicable disease? SPEAK HOCKEY, NERDS.

I'm nowhere near a "stats nerd" for hockey but it's clear to me what's being spoken of and I'm pretty darn sure it's hockey.

But I'm not a "hip", "funny" columnist, so what do I know?

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Well he can't be taken humorously either. If that's comedy these days, I weep for our culture.

Best was this:

I'm nowhere near a "stats nerd" for hockey but it's clear to me what's being spoken of and I'm pretty darn sure it's hockey.

Oh man, willful ignorance is something that gets my goat every time. And this is even worse because it relates to his field of work. What a tool.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
That's the problem when people who were "funny" trolling the internet get hired to keep being "funny" trolling people.

Cracked.com did something similar a few months ago, when they had someone write a couple of articles being "hilarious" trolling the readers.

The response was overwhelmingly negative, and I haven't seen anything more like that since.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
In both my fantasy football leagues I had really bad weeks and won both games? :shakehead

Fantasy football.......she is a temptress.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Best was this:

Feschuk is too middle aged to understand Winnipeg. He's one of those guys who goes to Europe to take selfies in front of the Pisa Tower, but would never consider Prague because he never really heard about it.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Feschuk is too middle aged to understand Winnipeg. He's one of those guys who goes to Europe to take selfies in front of the Pisa Tower, but would never consider Prague because he never really heard about it.

Wasn't Feschuk the guy Kessel called an idiot in that Toronto press scrum last year? I think it was.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Halfway through 15/16 season and the boys are really struggling. Injury bug has been hitting all across the lineup so far.
Ehlers is having a decent rookie season trailing only McDavid and Eichel by about 10 points so far.
I've tried all sorts of lines but we can't seem to find much success.

jetsstats.png

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Wow...just...wow. Am I the only one that's a little offended by that?

if you don't feel offended by what Feschuk (poorly) wrote, then his article would be a complete fail.
it's meant to offend.
his digs towards winnipeg were a bit more personal than the rest of them. but read every other team's review. damn accurate.
and his comment about Buff and Other Players is 100% true. if the Habs weren't so mythical, it would be the exact same for them. Price, Subban and...um...those other guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad