OT: Jets Lounge: No one knows whats going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
The last three pages of the previous thread made me laugh so hard I was crying.

If Romang can't step up his weirdness game, I'm afraid we're all going to have to block him. Or sell his soul to a demon. Whichever works the best, I guess.

We can't have some piker from Jersey coming into our forum and out-weirding us our resident weird Swede.

Last edited:

FinnishJet

Mar 19, 2015
Finland
The last three pages of the previous thread made me laugh so hard I was crying.

If Romang can't step up his weirdness game, I'm afraid we're all going to have to block him. Or sell his soul to a demon. Whichever works the best, I guess.

How can you sell something that has a value of 0? Bring Billy Mays back from the dead and ask him to make commercial about Romang's soul!

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
I think this is rather fitting for the new thread/title:

tumblr_loa17djzx31qzw48p.gif

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
(and bartend for fun as a seasonal job in the summer)

Moved from another thread, I have to ask...

What's the difference between a shaken and stirred martini?

Would a bartender substitute a cheaper product than requested under the belief that most customers wouldn't taste the difference, or at least, be confident enough in their palate to confront the bartender? This is all assuming the drink is prepared out of sight.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Would a bartender substitute a cheaper product than requested under the belief that most customers wouldn't taste the difference, or at least, be confident enough in their palate to confront the bartender? This is all assuming the drink is prepared out of sight.

The shaking can cause bruising (chipping of ice into the drink). Stirring is a more gentle approach. I don't think the process would be used to disguise a cheaper product....that is generally done by infusing fruit juices to mask (crantini etc). A strait martini shaken or stirred is tough to fake ingredients.

Both processes of shaking and stirring are used to chill the drink and dilute. Shaking is much faster but it can alter the flavor more. The better tenders I know liked to stir slowly and take their time when the situation allowed.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

you shouldn't shake gin-based drinks for fear of losing the botanicals.
stir gin martinis. shake vodka martinis (blech).

better question: why would you get a martini at a bar where there is the fear of a bartender being cheap and screwing the customer?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Headline right beside "Bombay's Team USA goes to 2-0" is "Fehr says strike is imminent". The more things change the more they stay the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad