OT: Jets Lounge: No one knows whats going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derfel*

My sister is a nurse and she suggested yogurt for the *****. It replaces the bacteria you lost, because there is such a thing as a good bacteria. And Kaepocate or whatever the **** it is works like a charm...in fact most of the suggestions that have been given are in fact doctor recommended, like fibre and bananas.

Not doubting your knowledge, but also not sure which ones you are talking about.

I would assume the yoghurt is best after things have... uh... erm... "stabilized".

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I'm grumpy as hell today.

Hip has been bugging me for a month. A week ago I went to my GP and he gave me some meds. They work somewhat but the problem is they make me drowsy. We're talking sleeping 14 hours a day, and the pill is supposed to last 24 hours but it was lasting maybe 18. So I kept taking it earlier in the day until I started needing naps because it would hit in the middle of the afternoon.

Doc also told me to go to pan am if it is still there after a week. Got there around 2:30 and they were already closed due to volume. I guess tomorrow I have to go earlier?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
My sister is a nurse and she suggested yogurt for the *****. It replaces the bacteria you lost, because there is such a thing as a good bacteria. And Kaepocate or whatever the **** it is works like a charm...in fact most of the suggestions that have been given are in fact doctor recommended, like fibre and bananas.

Not doubting your knowledge, but also not sure which ones you are talking about.

when someone's defecating like mad, eating any sort of dairy product may not be the best of things.
probiotics come in pill form. and for diarrhea, there's FloraStor, a proven mix of probiotics to help alleviate diarrhea. and no lactose/dairy there to upset the stomach even more.

Kaopectate hasn't been recommended in 3 decades? maybe more? Pepto Bismol or Imodium for diarrhea. might as well suggest Fowler's, which is as ancient as Kaopectate. i'd only suggest Kaopectate for children, and even then...

not doubting your sister's knowledge, but how many years of pharmacy did she take? :)

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
when someone's defecating like mad, eating any sort of dairy product may not be the best of things.
probiotics come in pill form. and for diarrhea, there's FloraStor, a proven mix of probiotics to help alleviate diarrhea. and no lactose/dairy there to upset the stomach even more.

Kaopectate hasn't been recommended in 3 decades? maybe more? Pepto Bismol or Imodium for diarrhea. might as well suggest Fowler's, which is as ancient as Kaopectate. i'd only suggest Kaopectate for children, and even then...

not doubting your sister's knowledge, but how many years of pharmacy did she take? :)

Ive never found Imodium or Pepto to work for me. Kaopecate cleared it up after one go around.

And they learn about drugs in Nursing school, but she just recommended the yogurt.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Kaopectate doesn't turn your diarrhea into clay as in the old days. It's the same stuff as Pepto Bismol now, I think...but not pink.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
The horrible stomach pain and cramps abated after 12 hours or so, but the diarrhea persisted for a while afterwards. I've eaten nothing but bananas for the past 30 hours, and haven't had any appetite to speak of. Roommate made quiche this morning and offered me some, which I ate a small piece of over the course of a half hour. Kaopectate has done more for clearing up my problem than Pepto Bismol did, and it's been over 3 hours since I've had to go.

I'm more or less back to working conditions, but I'm still taking it easy. I should buy some Vegetable or Chicken Noodle soup at Walmart this morning, as all I have at home is Mushroom.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
The horrible stomach pain and cramps abated after 12 hours or so, but the diarrhea persisted for a while afterwards. I've eaten nothing but bananas for the past 30 hours, and haven't had any appetite to speak of. Roommate made quiche this morning and offered me some, which I ate a small piece of over the course of a half hour. Kaopectate has done more for clearing up my problem than Pepto Bismol did, and it's been over 3 hours since I've had to go.

I'm more or less back to working conditions, but I'm still taking it easy. I should buy some Vegetable or Chicken Noodle soup at Walmart this morning, as all I have at home is Mushroom.

Stick to the BRAT diet. Bananas, Rice, Apple Sauce and Toast.

And I told you about the Kapo. Magical ****.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I saw The Martian last night.

Every bit as good as the book IMO and if anybody here is interested in sci-fi should read and/or watch it.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
I saw The Martian last night.

Every bit as good as the book IMO and if anybody here is interested in sci-fi should read and/or watch it.

Is the Martian the one where Tom Hanks goes to Europe to save Matt Damon from the Nazis, or the one where Matthew McConaughey travels through a worm hole to follow Matt Damon's distress beacon?

Derfel*

I hate job hunting. Just want to put that out there. There it is.

I hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad