OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So Yahoo now does a live simulcast of the Berkshire Hathaway annual general meeting and I attended an event in Winnipeg to watch the meeting for the first time yesterday. Glad I did that while Charlie (95) and Warren (88) are still alive. They are entertaining dudes.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I was researching World War 1 history and I found this cool story about a dog named Sergeant Stubby who went with the Americans to France and actually did some pretty amazing things while he was over there including catching a German spy and saving people from mustard gas attacks. He received many medals for his bravery and he lived a long happy life with the soldier who brought him with when they returned back to the US. I love happy animal stories like this :D

GettyImages-515133022-1a6d808-e1536932993943.jpg

Sergeant Stubby of the First World War: the heroic story of America’s most decorated war dog

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
I was researching World War 1 history and I found this cool story about a dog named Sergeant Stubby who went with the Americans to France and actually did some pretty amazing things while he was over there including catching a German spy and saving people from mustard gas attacks. He received many medals for his bravery and he lived a long happy life with the soldier who brought him with when they returned back to the US. I love happy animal stories like this :D

View attachment 225647

Sergeant Stubby of the First World War: the heroic story of America’s most decorated war dog

Read about him a long time ago, a great animal lovers story.:nod:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd get season tickets if we had an NLL team. I could see it happening as they have been expanding lately.

How would Winnipeg do with an NLL team?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Congrats to Man City they are not my team but they play the right way.

Also I couldn’t believe when I searched for Champions league results only to find out Liverpool won 4-0 at home to win 4-3 on aggregate against Barcelona!!! Wow what an insane result

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Any NBA fans...that 76ers Raps game was amazing. Oh that Kawhi. So dominate this post season

I tuned in to the last half of the fourth quarter which was my first NBA action of the season. That shot was one for the Raptors ages. I picked a good time to Cherry pick quarter.

Reactions: roccerfeller

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I tuned in to the last half of the fourth quarter which was my first NBA action of the season. That shot was one for the Raptors ages. I picked a good time to Cherry pick quarter.
I've been following the Raptors closely since the Jets were eliminated. Filling a sporting void I guess? Watched last night's game from start to finish on the edge of my seat. I cherry pick the odd NHL playoff game but don't really care all that much, but I've allowed myself to buy into a bandwagon Raptors run and that has been pretty fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad