OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Speaking of Spring: clocks move forward tonight. I know most people hate "losing" the hour of sleep, but I love it. The sun going down later in the day makes things much more enjoyable. Find it so depressing for it to get dark around 5pm.

Oh, and PS: it's 2 degrees here today, and going to 7'ish tomorrow. :P

Reactions: Gm0ney

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Does Canada observe daylight savings as a nation or do different provinces pick and choose like in Oz and the US?

We go an hour in a couple of weeks. Not looking to leaving and coming home in darkness.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Does Canada observe daylight savings as a nation or do different provinces pick and choose like in Oz and the US?

We go an hour in a couple of weeks. Not looking to leaving and coming home in darkness.

Saskatchewan doesn't observe DST for the most part (there are small pockets near the Manitoba and Alberta border that do).

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Where's "here" again?

upload_2019-3-9_17-35-28.png

;) ;)

I travel a fair amount, but I'm in Toronto for another few weeks until it ramps up again with trips to NYC, Vegas, and LA.

What's the weather been like in Alberta the last few months? As weird/crazy as MB an ON (and most of the Midwest and East, for that matter).

Reactions: SUX2BU

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Speaking of Spring: clocks move forward tonight. I know most people hate "losing" the hour of sleep, but I love it. The sun going down later in the day makes things much more enjoyable. Find it so depressing for it to get dark around 5pm.

I have approximately 100 times more energy in the evenings when the sun is up. Can't wait for DST.

The backyard thermometer his 1C today so, Spring is in the air.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
I travel a fair amount, but I'm in Toronto for another few weeks until it ramps up again with trips to NYC, Vegas, and LA.

What's the weather been like in Alberta the last few months? As weird/crazy as MB an ON (and most of the Midwest and East, for that matter).

Yeah, I knew Toronto was "home base" but thought maybe you were elsewhere.

The last few weeks in Calgary has been bitter cold (between -15C and -25C day-time highs) but the last two days have been near-zero and the coming week is calling for temperatures of +8C...

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
The last few weeks in Calgary has been bitter cold (between -15C and -25C day-time highs) but the last two days have been near-zero and the coming week is calling for temperatures of +8C...

Sounds similar to here - it'll be nice to get a break from the unexpected "late" winter that rolled across Canada. :nod:

Reactions: Derfel

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Yeah, my wife gets her nose out of joint for as long as DST is in effect, even though she sleeps late and makes good use of the extra hour of daylight in the evening for her gardening. And for Chrissake, you lose the hour on a Sunday. Sleep an extra hour if you need it. Or go to bed an hour earlier. Can't sleep that early? Bourbon. Lots of it. You're welcome.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I love our current song when the players get onto the ice, Rammstein because it just sounds like the Jets are about to destroy the opponents. I just hope they use it for the playoffs, but Metallica was badass too.

But after attending a few Golden Knights games I will admit how badass would it be if they played John Wick if the Jets reach the ice?

Although I think Vegas should be the only team allowed to play it, like the Sharks with Seek and Destroy (Edmonton, Pittsburgh... shame on you).

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
We need to get rid of DST.

No... we need to go to DST and stay there. Who cares when the sun comes up or goes down in the winter... it's dark, cold, and depressing anyway. But in the summer, because our days are longer, you want that extra hour extending the day at the end of it. It's having long summer days, so you can go golfing after work and get 18 in before it gets dark, that make living here bearable.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
No... we need to go to DST and stay there. Who cares when the sun comes up or goes down in the winter... it's dark, cold, and depressing anyway. But in the summer, because our days are longer, you want that extra hour extending the day at the end of it. It's having long summer days, so you can go golfing after work and get 18 in before it gets dark, that make living here bearable.

And you get another hour of sleep before the god damn robins start their incessant, annoying chirping forcing you to get up and close the window. Don't even get me started on f***ing meadowlarks! :mad:

Reactions: cbcwpg

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Hi y’all. I will making the trip to your fair city for next Saturday’s Preds/Jets game. I am staying with a local so I don’t need suggestions for things to see. Just wondering if I would be allowed down in the lower bowl to watch warmups. Thanks!

Reactions: Derfel

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Hi y’all. I will making the trip to your fair city for next Saturday’s Preds/Jets game. I am staying with a local so I don’t need suggestions for things to see. Just wondering if I would be allowed down in the lower bowl to watch warmups. Thanks!

They definitely let people go down to the glass to watch warm ups so that part is good.

I don't know if officially they let people go from upper bowl to lower bowl. Unofficially there is a stairwell at the south end of the building that allows this. Someone can hopefully chime in on whether there's more than one way to get there. Obviously easier if you do it "officially" but it can be done.

I can't pinpoint the stairwell for you since I'm in the lower bowl, I only know that people come down to visit during games sometimes.

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Once you're through security, you have access to the lower bowl and upper deck.

Reactions: jefferoni

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Hope you enjoy your visit.

Reactions: hockey diva
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad