OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Shootings at mosques in Christchurch, dozens feared dead

Sad news out of Christchurch today. Until now NZ had escaped the shootings and other acts of terror that have been crawling into Australia and Canada (alongside Europe and US which are far less unusual).

There’s no information yet on the gunmen and I refuse to speculate so this doesn’t get political. But man, Christchurch can’t catch a break.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137

Sad news out of Christchurch today. Until now NZ had escaped the shootings and other acts of terror that have been crawling into Australia and Canada (alongside Europe and US which are far less unusual).

There’s no information yet on the gunmen and I refuse to speculate so this doesn’t get political. But man, Christchurch can’t catch a break.

This is so horrible. My thoughts are with those touched by this tragedy.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Disney's purchase of Fox becomes official on Wednesday, March 20 at 12:02 am ET.

I wonder if Disney will have any X-Men in the Avengers Engame post credit scenes?

Disney Sets March 20 Closing Date for 21st Century Fox Acquisition

It's probably a bit to late to actually cast, film and shoehorn any X-Men in...BUT they don't even have to show anyone, I'd be satisfied with an off-screen "SNIKT" and then a a quick flash of some adamantium claws. Movie theatre would erupt in cheers.

Also FFS, please let us see Wolverine with his cowl on for once. There have been some pretty cool fan designs of an MCU-style Wolverine costume that would work well.

I think it's more likely they will be introducing the Fantastic Four first before any of the X-Men. I'd say X-Men in 2020 or 2021

Reactions: Guardian17

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Saw this on the news before I left for work, terrible. Thoughts are with you and your country.

Reactions: flyingkiwi

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
It's probably a bit to late to actually cast, film and shoehorn any X-Men in...BUT they don't even have to show anyone, I'd be satisfied with an off-screen "SNIKT" and then a a quick flash of some adamantium claws. Movie theatre would erupt in cheers.

Also FFS, please let us see Wolverine with his cowl on for once. There have been some pretty cool fan designs of an MCU-style Wolverine costume that would work well.

I think it's more likely they will be introducing the Fantastic Four first before any of the X-Men. I'd say X-Men in 2020 or 2021

That's kind of what I'm hoping for.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

The numbers and details out of this incident are terrifying.

Reactions: Derfel

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Disturbing how social media and sites like 8chan played a part in the shooting. Ability to live stream a mass murder is terrifying. Online culture is becoming more and more of a cesspool and some changes need to be made.

Mainstream sites need to take ownership of what they allow on their platforms, and acknowledge that sometimes algorithms are not the answer.

Places like 8chan will always exist though. Not much we can do about that.

Reactions: Derfel

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

That's awful, just reading the article describing it was bone chilling enough. So many messed up people in world.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
More murders than our entire country has in a year.

Mums friend was a nurse on duty in the ER yesterday afternoon.

Ok just read the article

What a senseless waist of so many lives.

f***ing murderers

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
What website lists NHL team 2018-2019 records for back to back games?

Trying to dine Buffalo & St. Louis records. Both played last night and play each other today.

Home / Road breakdowns would be of interest as well in BTB games.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Here's a closer look at the Transformers on Cybertron in the Bumblebee Movie.

Bumblebee Movie Digital Release - Itunes Exclusive Bee Vision Extras & Details - Transformers News - TFW2005

01-Bee-Vision-Extra-Arcee.jpeg

04-Bee-Vision-Extra-Starscream.jpeg

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Had a dream last night that I was at a KISS concert in a school gymnasium, Paul Stanley was very overweight and they had to roll him in on a dais ala Jabba the Hutt. You're welcome, glad I could share it.

LOL. As a Kiss and a Star Wars fan that's quite an image but it comes surprisingly easily to mind.

Kiss is just the most amazing marketing machine in the entire world in my mind. They literally took P.T. Barnum at his word and ran with it.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Reactions: Guardian17

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Had a dream last night that I was at a KISS concert in a school gymnasium, Paul Stanley was very overweight and they had to roll him in on a dais ala Jabba the Hutt. You're welcome, glad I could share it.

So, essentially he turned into Blackie Lawless. :laugh: Sad how some of your rock and roll heroes end up.

blackielawlesslivebang2015_638.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad