OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
We have a guide booked for 3 half days of birding when we go to Cabo later this month...oh, and two days of deep sea fishing as well....can't wait.
Maybe we should have an outdoors thread on here?

Oh right on, that will be an awesome trip, have a great time man! I used to use the Audubon bird app on my phone for identification and keeping track of what I saw, then they dumped Canada (even though they say North America) it may have Mexico, I don't remember. It was free which was good. I use ibird app sometimes now.

We should have an outdoors thread, that would be amazing!! :D

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The better half has the Audobon and the Sibley's one too.
Mods, can we get an outdoors page pinned?

Reactions: Afterburner

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
The better half has the Audobon and the Sibley's one too.
Mods, can we get an outdoors page pinned?

I loved the Audobon one, I was so disappointed when they did that big upgrade and dropped a lot of Canada. There were a lot of Birders that we’re not thrilled.

Mode: pleeeesse can we have a thread. I swear ill be good and I’ll never ask for anything again :)

Reactions: Derfel

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
One thing I appreciated while I was in MB (four years ago already wow!) was how much sunshine you got in winter. Those big prairie skies and really pretty sunrises and sunsets.

Definitely not interested in debating the cold but I could go for less rain and grey days down here in the Vancouver of the Southern Hemisphere. Too gloomy for me.

My son lives in Vancouver. He likes it there other than the lack of sunshine.
Personally I love having four distinct seasons. Lately though I find holding that thought to be a bit more difficult lol.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
My son lives in Vancouver. He likes it there other than the lack of sunshine.
Personally I love having four distinct seasons. Lately though I find holding that thought to be a bit more difficult lol.

I really really like winter.

It's great. Love when it's snowy and -10 to -20. Rippin around on sleds, skating outside with a light fluffy snow. Like how I love +20 to +30 in the summer.

But when we hit -40, I just can't.

I'm just as miserable in the summer if we hit +50.

Reactions: Ducky10 and Saintb

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I used to enjoy winter as well. Once i hit 45ish it just became too oppressive for me. I had already had pretty hard plans to hit the wet coast after retirement anyway so perhaps it became a self-fulfilling thing.

I definitely don't miss it and we get a nice transition of seasons here.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The announcers really trying hard with voice inflection--to try and make this game seem exciting. If this was a regular season game, most people would have turned off their TV sets. Looks like the Pats will win in a yawner here.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
American football games take long enough as it is... even took me a while to get used to giving up three hours of my time for hockey.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
American football games take long enough as it is... even took me a while to get used to giving up three hours of my time for hockey.

North American sports are all too long. Soccer/Footie is the perfect length and they just keep the clock running.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
North American sports are all too long. Soccer/Footie is the perfect length and they just keep the clock running.
I grew up with the idea that you had to pay to watch live and not have ads on the delayed coverage. Love Rugby and Soccer for that.

I loooooove one day cricket too. Sure it’s all day like baseball but there’s literally one tea break and that’s it.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I grew up with the idea that you had to pay to watch live and not have ads on the delayed coverage. Love Rugby and Soccer for that.

I loooooove one day cricket too. Sure it’s all day like baseball but there’s literally one tea break and that’s it.

100% this

It feels like the big 3 American sports were built around TV advertising. Basketball had the best shot at breaking out but they give each team 32 time outs and grind the game to a hault especially at the end.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The roads are just brutal today. Everyone drive safely!

My Grandpa Harry was a real character. I use to live in the same city as him when he was 80 and I would notice him driving around with Grams way too slow for the flow of traffic in his vintage Mercury Marquee land yacht. He was the ultimate slooooooow driving 80 year old. Since I was bit concerned I gently asked him "gramps, what have you found is the big difference in driving now vs when you were young?" I assumed he would say that he can't turn his neck to shoulder check.....his eyesight is not as good....reflexes.......... but nope??? He thought about it for a second and said "I get the finger allot more than I use to"! :laugh:

Jetland162702

Pup-peroni Junkie
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Does anyone have an understanding of the blackout rules for Rogers GameCenter Live. I am going to Florida and I was going to purchase a subscription so I could watch the Jets. I have been told that it won't work because as long as the game is on TV in Wpg (which will be the location of my subscription account) the games will be blacked out no matter where I am located. This makes no sense to me. Does anyone know how this works?

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Does anyone have an understanding of the blackout rules for Rogers GameCenter Live. I am going to Florida and I was going to purchase a subscription so I could watch the Jets. I have been told that it won't work because as long as the game is on TV in Wpg (which will be the location of my subscription account) the games will be blacked out no matter where I am located. This makes no sense to me. Does anyone know how this works?
No it should be fine, it uses the physical location of your device. My subscription from a NZ address didn’t work while I was in Mantitoba.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
No it should be fine, it uses the physical location of your device. My subscription from a NZ address didn’t work while I was in Mantitoba.

Yeah gamecenter will be fine. Tsn / Sportsnet logon from your cable subscription will not work outside the broadcast region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad