Not open for further replies.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
latest

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I mean, it wouldn't be the worse thing. Would likely give Morrissey another game and developing and making sure guys are 100% is likely the most important thing at this point.

Morrissey is day to day from that knock he took on Monday so not sure he'd be ready to go or not.

As for the game, I thought the top line struggled but some other players stepped up.

Burmie was quite good again, he keeps this up and I am more than happy going into next year as him being the 3C. Dano looked a lot better tonight and some nice positioning and finishing on his goal.

The defense was all over the map tonight. Myers was excellent outside that real dumb turnover. Maybe he gets a tank bonus :P

Hutch was solid.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'd be ecstatic if we win the lottery and land Matthews, but I'm also not getting my hopes up. Such a crap shoot, it is.

I'm not getting my hopes up either but then again someone's gotta get em. ;)

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Morrissey is day to day from that knock he took on Monday so not sure he'd be ready to go or not.

As for the game, I thought the top line struggled but some other players stepped up.

Burmie was quite good again, he keeps this up and I am more than happy going into next year as him being the 3C. Dano looked a lot better tonight and some nice positioning and finishing on his goal.

The defense was all over the map tonight. Myers was excellent outside that real dumb turnover. Maybe he gets a tank bonus :P

Hutch was solid.

Burmi is playing far better hockey than he was even a month ago. Something clicked with him. I'm much more encouraged by his future with the team then I had been.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Tough result we are playing with heart but down Ehlers, Little, Armia, and the freshly traded Ladd we just don't quite have the horses in the league that is so tight.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
That game was Myers in a nutshell. Ability to do spectacular things, but low IQ. There was a 3 on 1 for the Jets where he literally put himself a foot behind Schiefele in stride so that when the pass game it just went right by him and the Red Wings turned it back. So dumb.

It wasn't a terrible play by Myers... one he shouldn't have made, but one that was easy to make. He saw an opening, went to pass, fanned on it a bit... should have relooked, but didn't and it got picked off. So it's not like he did it totally blind, he just messed up and should have taken a second look.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Regarding Dano, didn't see his game today, but it was a great finish. And that goal was a good example of what I saw in his highlights before he came here. He can finish, but have yet to see much else from him. He needs to be on a line with people that can find him open in the slot. I would love to see him with Petan. I said it before and I'll say it again. Setoguchi was the exact same.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Second best kind of loss, good effort, goaltending, just some back luck, bounces, and a bad play or two.

Only way to beat it is 6-5 loss with the tank commander in net and the young players beasting

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Tough result we are playing with heart but down Ehlers, Little, Armia, and the freshly traded Ladd we just don't quite have the horses in the league that is so tight.

definitely weren't playing with their heads tonight - that was a top 5 candidate for worst games of the season

woof

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I guess I asked for that.:laugh:

:laugh:

Wasn't directing it in any kind of rude way! Just meant that it usually creates a bad environment in the GDT if half the people are cheering when the Jets score, while others get upset at other cheering for the goals.

That might be a better explanation :)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It wasn't a terrible play by Myers... one he shouldn't have made, but one that was easy to make. He saw an opening, went to pass, fanned on it a bit... should have relooked, but didn't and it got picked off. So it's not like he did it totally blind, he just messed up and should have taken a second look.

Gotta give Toemash credit for a good read and quick action. He made a good play. Goal.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Scott Kosmachuk looks better than expected, funny how some guys show better in the NHL than AHL, Koma actually has looked better than more than a few Jets forwards in his two games so far.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
haha it's clockwork for how they lose now. It wasn't clear how they were gonna lose that one, but then Myers was actin like a boss and he's like "here, take it see if I give a ****"

White Out 403*

Likely the case - I always post the save percentage, it isn't a comment on his play at all.

How did Wheeler look?

I think Wheels hit a post inside the last minute. Or was it Scheif?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad