McKenzie: Jets likely pursuing Mark Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
6M $ a season for Ehlers is a LOT too much !
kjJuMsn.gif

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Marc Savard just said Stone to Winnipeg isn’t “done” but it’s “close”. He then said that it’s “bigger than you think”.

This is going to sound crazy but I prefect Stone AND Duchene to Winnipeg for Connor and whatever needs to be added contract wise. Jets can re-sign one of the two (likely Stone) which basically makes it an upgrade on Connor going forward. They get the other as a rental. Ottawa gets Connor who is a higher quality piece than anything they’ll get by splitting the two up. I’d assume Ottawa want quality youth over quantity which is what they’d get splitting them up.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Marc Savard just said Stone to Winnipeg isn’t “done” but it’s “close”. He then said that it’s “bigger than you think”.

This is going to sound crazy but I prefect Stone AND Duchene to Winnipeg for Connor and whatever needs to be added contract wise. Jets can re-sign one of the two (likely Stone) which basically makes it an upgrade on Connor going forward. They get the other as a rental. Ottawa gets Connor who is a higher quality piece than anything they’ll get by splitting the two up. I’d assume Ottawa want quality youth over quantity which is what they’d get splitting them up.
Do you have a link?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Do you have a link?
He said it on the fan 590 with Stellick. No link. But I’m an Avalanche fan who has been dying for Stone to get traded to my team so I assure you I wouldn’t joke about this if it weren’t true lol.

Edit: the proposal I posted is something I cane up with all on my own ftr lol. The parts I put in quotations are directly from Savard.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Wow this is exciting can't wait till we see all the pieces for this mega blockbuster if it comes to fruition. You don't see these type of deals often. Hope both teams are happy .

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I hope Chevy passes if that is the price.
The Jets could make a different move that costs WAY less that could also help spark the club.
Stone as a rental costs too much and if we re-sign him then we are looking at another major piece needing to move.
For this year that also pushes another top 6 player down to our 4th line.
You're losing some value from the player who is having their ice time dramatically reduced.

2019 first, Petan and Perrault is as far as I would want to see Chevy go.
The list above is ludicrous for a rental.
We'll just have to live without Stone if that's the case.

If another team can offer up more awesome for Ottawa but that would be a horrible move for Chevy to make just as the Jets have become a contender. The list above is the how to recipe on the topic of "close your Cup window as quickly as possible"

That proposal was never for a rental. It's right there in the original post and the multiple subsequent follow ups that it is a proposal based around a signed Mark Stone.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I will cry if the Jets trade Connor. I just got my Connor Jets jersey last week and I splurged for the Addidas over the Fanatics ffs . Last jersey I bought was a Kane, litteraly one week before he got traded. Yup, thats my life in a nutshell lol

Reactions: Stubu

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I will cry if the Jets trade Connor. I just got my Connor Jets jersey last week and I splurged for the Addidas over the Fanatics ffs . Last jersey I bought was a Kane, litteraly one week before he got traded. Yup, thats my life in a nutshell lol
You’re back luck. Buy a Laine jersey on Monday. :sarcasm:

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

My Sens jerseys include Spezza, Karlsson and Turris... I feel you.

Reactions: Stubu

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Chevy will stick to his price. There are a bunch of good rentals.

Teams don't get many chances at the Cup, when you think your team is close you go for it by sacrificing young players and prospects for a good player. I know must of you young fellas want to win the internet trade wars more than anything but if you play it safe every year it probably will never happen.

The Sharks and Lightning don't have to add a top player, just depth, but teams like the Jets, Flames, Preds, Leafs and maybe Knights should be thinking of adding something bigger.

It's nice to think your team will be a contender for years and years but it seldom works that way, the fall can happen sooner than you think. No one will care about the pick or prospect you gave up if you win.

Reactions: Ossific

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016

Scheifele and wheeler for stone and duchene :sarcasm:

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Teams don't get many chances at the Cup, when you think your team is close you go for it by sacrificing young players and prospects for a good player. I know must of you young fellas want to win the internet trade wars more than anything but if you play it safe every year it probably will never happen.

The Sharks and Lightning don't have to add a top player, just depth, but teams like the Jets, Flames, Preds, Leafs and maybe Knights should be thinking of adding something bigger.

It's nice to think your team will be a contender for years and years but it seldom works that way, the fall can happen sooner than you think. No one will care about the pick or prospect you gave up if you win.

I dont think they're close. They look worse than last year
I dont think this is going to be the best version of the jets either
Would be a desperate attempt at a cup imo

I would rather have a transfer that can contend for a cup long term than gamble and go all in and then look like the Oilers and the hurricanes

Reactions: Snowman

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa

If Stone can get Laine going, I think that'll do wonders for the Jets.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

I would rather have a transfer that can contend for a cup long term than gamble and go all in and then look like the Oilers and the hurricanes

Stone is 26 and one of the best wingers in the game. If the Jets can get him signed he'd be a huge piece for many years. There is not a winger on this team that I'd rather have at this point.

Reactions: 10Ducky10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad