Injury Report: Jets Injury Report

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
That's too bad about Buff.

Hopefully we get Little back. We could really use his speed and offense in our rematch game against Toronto.

Sounds like Little MAY be back this week - we'll apparently know after his skate tomorrow.

Ulf Hullberg

Nov 6, 2011
Winnipeg
Crappy news about Buff, but lucky for us Flood has filled in the void quite nicely.

And hopefully Little is back on Wednesday so the top line is together for this entire road trip.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Heard Meech is healthy, he would be a fine addition to the Ice Caps.

Jones is also very close, Flood is a better 7th D-man. Jones might have to be moved.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Keep Flood and Jones and get rid of Meech (minors). Im a fan of Jones' simple game and Flood and Meech play similar styles but I think Flood deserves to be here all year. With all the injuries on D we could have had many issues but Flood is one of the reasons why we didn't miss a beat. Another great underated signing by Chevy.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
That sucks about Byfuglien. It's a little less nerve wracking back there without him dressed, and we seem more able to win those close games, but I will admit there is an element missing back there without him. His strength and shot is quite a weapon and he has continued to get better defensively. Hopefully he can get back on track right away when he returns.

As for the Jones/ Flood/ Meech discussion, I won't get involved. Don't want to beat a dead horse. I've spent long enough debating the merits of a bottom pairing defenceman.

Ulf Hullberg

Nov 6, 2011
Winnipeg
Obviously Flood is going nowhere.

Meech is red-shirted, and may need conditioning on the rock.

And Jones is experienced useable depth that comes in handy when the trade deadline rolls around.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
on the drive in this morning on the Big Show Brian Munz was being interviewed and mentioned Burmi is in fact nursing a nagging injury (sounded like mid section) and they were trying to let him heal a bit. It was also mentioned Buff will not be making it out for the Boston game which was an option that had been speculated about at the beginning of the road trip

Kinjero

Aug 9, 2011
YSJ
on the drive in this morning on the Big Show Brian Munz was being interviewed and mentioned Burmi is in fact nursing a nagging injury (sounded like mid section) and they were trying to let him heal a bit. It was also mentioned Buff will not be making it out for the Boston game which was an option that had been speculated about at the beginning of the road trip

Darn.. would have been nice to have Buff for the B's game. At least with no Marchand we should be limited to injuries from simple hockey plays :sarcasm:

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Jan 12 2012

Burmi - likely ready to go vs. Sharks (as per Free press)
Glass - day to day
Bogo - day to day
Buff - Who knows

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jan 12 2012

Burmi - likely ready to go vs. Sharks (as per Free press)
Glass - day to day
Bogo - day to day
Buff - Who knows

pretty sure Burmi and Glass are going tonight

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Sux about Buff AND Bogo - that's a lot of "heft" on the blueline that we'll be missing tonight (literally and figuratively ;) )

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Sux about Buff AND Bogo - that's a lot of "heft" on the blueline that we'll be missing tonight (literally and figuratively ;) )

Enstrom and Hainsey HAVE to step up tonight. We need gems from them if we are going to win.

Oduya has been doing his share for sure. Jones for the most part has been solid. Stu has to play more like he did earlier this year.

Missing our B's on D is huge.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Enstrom and Hainsey HAVE to step up tonight. We need gems from them if we are going to win.

Oduya has been doing his share for sure. Jones for the most part has been solid. Stu has to play more like he did earlier this year.

We also need the forwards to backcheck appropriately, and help provide clear passing lanes to exit the d-zone. THAT'S when things break down. If we do that, I still think we have the skill on the blueline to pull it off.

Definitely makes it more difficult though. :(

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Would love to see this happen.

What happens to the board if Enstrom plays great tonight?

BOOM!! ;)

Kinjero

Aug 9, 2011
YSJ
So I read Wheels is not traveling to Ottawa. They are keeping him 24hrs for observation. I wonder who will replace him on the 1st line?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad