Injury Report: Jets Injury Report

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Not that it is huge news but I believe Stapleton sustained a lower body injury in practice before the Florida game and will be out until after the all star break.

as for Kane I am sure Haters and lovers alike can agree the Jets are best served short term amd long term by Evander being on the ice and getting north of 30 goals this year. No matter what his limitations are his goal production when the teams are at 5 on 5 is elite and when he is streaking he is capable of carrying us for short periods of time. It is unfortunate for the team that he is out of the line up at the same time he seems to be a story off the ice. here's hoping Kane can battle through both since the team could use the best version of Kane on the ice right now.

No Name Poster

Maurice Navidad
Oct 29, 2011
The Peg
not buying it....if it happened on the ice they would be able to pinpoint it to a likely occurrence....the answer wouldnt just be....i dunno...

nobody else finds the whole thing bizarre?

i'm sure the truth will come out eventually.

it is a real shame that the kane thing has spiralled out of control.....i hope he gets better soon, because we need his scoring....i also hope that true north deals with the situation one way or another.

What are you not buying?
Do you not recall the Crosby incident where he got blindsided in the Winter Classic and then played the next game only to leave after being bumped into the boards from behind? There is still debate as to which hit did Crosby in.

What are you actually suggesting happened with Kane? I can't see how anything has spiralled out of control. Surely that tweet by some random fan isn't what you are referring to.....

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
This is precisely how small things become big things.

He responded to one tweet with a tweet of his own.

The original tweet/ pic is from someone I know personally. There is NO reason to take this guy seriously, he is looking for attention and getting plenty of it.

All day in a Twitter fight? Really?

So when are you going to tell him that he's a total D-Bag?

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
What are you not buying?
Do you not recall the Crosby incident where he got blindsided in the Winter Classic and then played the next game only to leave after being bumped into the boards from behind? There is still debate as to which hit did Crosby in.

What are you actually suggesting happened with Kane? I can't see how anything has spiralled out of control. Surely that tweet by some random fan isn't what you are referring to.....

This.

Seriously, if you don't have any evidence that Kane was scratched, stop spreading rumors about it, it's just idiotic.

About what that racist ******* was writing to Kane on twitter, and him answering... I'm about the same age as Kane, and I dare say I'm probably more mature and intelligent, and I wouldn't just let him write that crap on my twitter without getting upset and answering.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So when are you going to tell him that he's a total D-Bag?

I'd rather not talk to him :) I might give him a nice hipcheck next time I play with him.

Besides, people are starting to rail against the ******** on Twitter - I think smart people see what is really going on here.

Yes, Kane is a kid, and is probably a little full of himself.

If I was a multimillionaire athlete playing at the top of my profession and was 20 I'd be a bit conceited too.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Byfuglien did not travel with the team.

I wonder who will play for him at the ASG. My money says Enstrom, makes the most sense.

Thanks.

I didnt think he went.

Then there is no way he plays this weekend.

Either Enstrom or Bogo should go
(If a Jet gets picked as his replacement)

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I'd rather not talk to him :) I might give him a nice hipcheck next time I play with him.

Besides, people are starting to rail against the ******** on Twitter - I think smart people see what is really going on here.

Yes, Kane is a kid, and is probably a little full of himself.

If I was a multimillionaire athlete playing at the top of my profession and was 20 I'd be a bit conceited too.

Sounds good. :handclap:

I was hoping that normal people would start to eat into that kid. (Not Kane, the D-Bad kid).

Lux Aurumque*

The fact that our injury thread is more than 350 posts in length is pretty sad. This team would be pretty damn good if we could make a trade or two and stay healthy...

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
What are you not buying?

ummm....yeah i saw the blindside hit.....over and over....the one where he lied flat out on the ice and staggered to the bench......so.....where is the equivalent kane hit?

im not spreading rumours at all....i know if you cant post a link from lawless you cant say it on this site....a reasonable policy.

not everything in the world comes from twitter...did we not learn that last year?

the truth will come out, whatever it is.....or he will be traded and it wont matter.

for now, i hope he gets better quickly because we really need him in the line up....slump or not.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
ummm....yeah i saw the blindside hit.....over and over....the one where he lied flat out on the ice and staggered to the bench......so.....where is the equivalent kane hit?

im not spreading rumours at all....i know if you cant post a link from lawless you cant say it on this site....a reasonable policy.

not everything in the world comes from twitter...did we not learn that last year?

the truth will come out, whatever it is.....or he will be traded and it wont matter.

for now, i hope he gets better quickly because we really need him in the line up....slump or not.

Stop ****ing posting to keep crap rumours, from an ******* who didn't even want the Jets back, afloat. Also rumours that were further fuelled by another asshat who has no credibility whatsoever in Winnipeg.

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
i dont have a clue what you are talking about....

if there are internet rumours, i dont know what they are.....except that stupid poster thing from twitter, but who cares about that?

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
What's sad is that it appears that the relationship between this hockey player and the community has likely been irrevocably damaged. All because of gossip and rumor-mongering. People are eating every story up (regardless of veracity) and passing it along; the more sensational the better. It's like the city has turned into a gigantic junior high school.

Even more sad is how poorly this reflects upon us as a society. Yeesh.

Unless there's some sort of reconciliation, he might as well be traded. The city has somehow, absurdly, turned on him and the seeds have been planted for him to return the favor. If he hasn't turned already. What a circus.

Last edited:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
What's sad is that it appears that the relationship between this hockey player and the community has likely been irrevocably damaged. All because of gossip and rumor-mongering. People are eating every story up (regardless of veracity) and passing it along; the more sensational the better. It's like the city has turned into a gigantic junior high school.

Unless there's some sort of reconciliation, he might as well be traded. The city has somehow, absurdly, turned on him and the seeds have been planted for him to return the favor. If he hasn't turned already. What a circus.

I wish that the people who used Twitter in this way would all be charged with libel.

It's sickening that with the technology we have in this day and age, that losers use the anonymity of the internet to do nothing but attack others and revel in being destructive.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
All I will say is where there has been this much smoke, I do believe there is or has been some fire.

With the most recent stuff, I don't buy it. This has clearly escalated into something pretty unfortunate, BUT, I do believe Kane has done some things that have caused this stir since his arrival in Winnipeg. Now, he's dealing with the unfortunate outcome, which yes, I do believe has gone too far and that is unfortunate. I can only hope this serves as a life lesson to Kane, that even if you perform a minor poor action, it can escalate to a whole lot of unwanted crap. This is what you get when you're in the spotlight.

I am not piling on Evander here, but do we see ANY other player in this sort of muddy water? Nope, not one. So why Evander Kane? Winnipeg has embraced the team pretty good thus far, so to hate on a 20 year old rising star? come on, in most cities, this kid should be hyped and the fans would be drooling over him. But, for some reason, not in Winnipeg. And this is on a team with very few star players.

Perhaps what we've heard since the beginning of the season is mostly untrue, all I am saying is I am of the belief that there is too much smoke here for there to be absolutely no fire. I do think along the line here something has happened to cause this ruckus.

With all that being said, Kane is young and he's got some growing up to do I would imagine, what 20 year olds don't?. But, let's be honest here, out of all the kids in the league in big cities, rarely do you hear this sort of stuff. It happens, I'm not denying that, but I don't believe it happens to this extent too often. And in this day and age, the media will generally catch you if you're doing the wrong.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I don't know if it's gotten to the point of no return yet Wings?

Evander can work through this if he plays well and keeps his nose clean. stories have a shelf life and then people move on to the next bright shiny object. This is a minor story as far as an image issue goes in the grand scheme of things in modern sports. EK is taking some heat no doubt but he would be wise to just take the high road and play his way out of it.

This is the modern era and why these guys Twitter and open themselves up to this is beyond me but if you put yourself out there in the social media world then you have to be prepared to take the good with the bad.

The reality is his agency (if they don't already have an in house person) and or TNSE have access to PR firms that can easily deal with this by a bit of damge control if need be but I don't think we are anywhere near that point yet.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
All I will say is where there has been this much smoke, I do believe there is or has been some fire.

With the most recent stuff, I don't buy it. This has clearly escalated into something pretty unfortunate, BUT, I do believe Kane has done some things that have caused this stir since his arrival in Winnipeg. Now, he's dealing with the unfortunate outcome, which yes, I do believe has gone too far and that is unfortunate. I can only hope this serves as a life lesson to Kane, that even if you perform a minor poor action, it can escalate to a whole lot of unwanted crap. This is what you get when you're in the spotlight.

I am not piling on Evander here, but do we see ANY other player in this sort of muddy water? Nope, not one. So why Evander Kane? Winnipeg has embraced the team pretty good thus far, so to hate on a 20 year old rising star? come on, in most cities, this kid should be hyped and the fans would be drooling over him. But, for some reason, not in Winnipeg. And this is on a team with very few star players.

Perhaps what we've heard since the beginning of the season is mostly untrue, all I am saying is I am of the belief that there is too much smoke here for there to be absolutely no fire. I do think along the line here something has happened to cause this ruckus.

With all that being said, Kane is young and he's got some growing up to do I would imagine, what 20 year olds don't?. But, let's be honest here, out of all the kids in the league in big cities, rarely do you hear this sort of stuff. It happens, I'm not denying that, but I don't believe it happens to this extent too often. And in this day and age, the media will generally catch you if you're doing the wrong.

Good post Guerzy

Evander owns at least part of this and probably lit the match that started the fire. Who knows now what is true and what isn't but IMHO he would be wise to start listening to his agent more and distance himself from his other business interests and associates at least professionally. I am sure they didn't envision things backfiring like this but this is the big leagues and you need to be smart about how you manage you image.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I don't know if it's gotten to the point of no return yet Wings?

Evander can work through this if he plays well and keeps his nose clean. stories have a shelf life and then people move on to the next bright shiny object. This is a minor story as far as an image issue goes in the grand scheme of things in modern sports. EK is taking some heat no doubt but he would be wise to just take the high road and play his way out of it.

This is the modern era and why these guys Twitter and open themselves up to this is beyond me but if you put yourself out there in the social media world then you have to be prepared to take the good with the bad.

The reality is his agency (if they don't already have an in house person) and or TNSE have access to PR firms that can easily deal with this by a bit of damge control if need be but I don't think we are anywhere near that point yet.

This is true I guess. Heck, look at some of the guys in the NFL. Get cheered again even after doing some pretty heinous things off the field. :dunno:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

A very nice, balanced post. IMHO probably pretty accurate too.

I hope that Kane can grow up a bit, and that Winnipeggers can cut him some slack. I would imagine the org. is working hard with him to try and get him straightened out.

At the end of the day though, it might not be a good fit for Evander here. I hope he stays and becomes the player he can and should be.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
What's the word on Burmi? I saw the hit at the end of the Carolina game but I haven't heard what the injury is.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
What's the word on Burmi? I saw the hit at the end of the Carolina game but I haven't heard what the injury is.

Noel said Burmi was feelign much better yesterday but they were keeping him out as a precaution. I'd expect to see him playing in the first gaem after the break

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Any new news on Kane with regards to his "concussion"? You guys expect him to play next week?

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
I picked the following (10) players.

Buff, Bogo, Enstrom, Hainsey, Oduya , Ladd, Little, Burmi, Antropov and Kane.

In 2010 - 2011 these 10 combined for 52 man-games lost due to either injury or disciplinary reasons be it league sanctioned or team sanctioned (i.e.) healthy scratch.

Thus far in 2011-2012 over 50 games..... these 10 players have already combined for 90 man-games lost. With Buff - Kane and Burmi adding to the total for the foreseeable future.

I also found this....... the Jets are 1 of only 4 teams with over 200 man-games lost so far this season.

The other 3 being Buffalo, Calgary & Florida.

Can't tell me these injuries aren't hurting us.

http://www.sabresinseven.com/2011/12/injuries-around-the-nhl-2011-2012-season/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad