Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
In what universe are the Flyers interested in trading Giroux for a package centered around Buff?

Giroux just signed long term, and Buff has two years left on his deal.

I think the Jets can get something decent for Buff, but thinking Giroux is even open for discussion seems illogical.

Adding Burmistrov to the deal doesn't add a whole heck of a lot unless he lights up the KHL, makes the Olympic team, lights up the Olympics, wins best player, and then says he wants to come back to the NHL. Until then, he's just a guy playing in the KHL, who may or may not ever return to the NHL.

If the Jets traded Buff to the Flyers, getting B Schenn plus their 1st, Morin, or Laughton would be nice.

Giroux?

C'Mon%2520Man.jpg

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Come on, you guys...Philly isn't going to make some stupid, knee-jerk trade that ends up being a disaster for them. Again. :)

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Come on, you guys...Philly isn't going to make some stupid, knee-jerk trade that ends up being a disaster for them. Again. :)

That's the funny part about it. People act like the Flyers have never done a trade that haunted them with a player who gets blamed for the bad overall play of the team. HFBoards can be such a joke sometimes.

I never said "I am right" I was just trying to have an open debate about it. People don't like to do that most of the time around here, especially on the trade board. First and last thread I started over there.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
In what universe are the Flyers interested in trading Giroux for a package centered around Buff?

Giroux just signed long term, and Buff has two years left on his deal.

I think the Jets can get something decent for Buff, but thinking Giroux is even open for discussion seems illogical.

Adding Burmistrov to the deal doesn't add a whole heck of a lot unless he lights up the KHL, makes the Olympic team, lights up the Olympics, wins best player, and then says he wants to come back to the NHL. Until then, he's just a guy playing in the KHL, who may or may not ever return to the NHL.

If the Jets traded Buff to the Flyers, getting B Schenn plus their 1st, Morin, or Laughton would be nice.

Giroux?

C'Mon%2520Man.jpg

Something around the bolded I would definitely be down with.

Then again, maybe they do want to trade Giroux for Buff and totally go into the tank because they'd rather start fresh with McDavid.:sarcasm:

Seriously though, if Giroux were coming here, Little would likely be part of the package going the other way.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I think we should be talking to New Jersey about Zajac. Something along the lines of Jokinen and rights to Burmistrov for Zajac and ??

While he is not the scorer he once was he is still great defensively. Plus he is right handed. Might work with Kane.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
That's the funny part about it. People act like the Flyers have never done a trade that haunted them with a player who gets blamed for the bad overall play of the team. HFBoards can be such a joke sometimes.

I never said "I am right" I was just trying to have an open debate about it. People don't like to do that most of the time around here, especially on the trade board. First and last thread I started over there.

To be fair, if the Jets could trade Buff, Burmi, and even our 1st for Giroux, I would be happy beyond belief. And I think Buff has good value. I just can't see it.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Something around the bolded I would definitely be down with.

Then again, maybe they do want to trade Giroux for Buff and totally go into the tank because they'd rather start fresh with McDavid.:sarcasm:

Seriously though, if Giroux were coming here, Little would likely be part of the package going the other way.

I hope Little isn't involved! He has arugably been the most consistent player this season, and if we were to acquire Giroux, I would prefer him on the RW (where he has previously scored 30 goals).

Kane-Giroux-Little/Wheeler
Ladd-Scheifele-Wheeler/Little
Halischuk-Jokinen-Frolik
Peluso-Slater-Wright

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I hope Little isn't involved! He has arugably been the most consistent player this season, and if we were to acquire Giroux, I would prefer him on the RW (where he has previously scored 30 goals).

Kane-Giroux-Little/Wheeler
Ladd-Scheifele-Wheeler/Little
Halischuk-Jokinen-Frolik
Peluso-Slater-Wright

Little is currently on pace for 38 goals.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Dreger threw cold water on the rumor

@DarrenDreger: In the eyes of Oilers managment, Eberle will be an Oiler forever. Forever is a long time, but, he's not a trade target.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
I am loving the "meltdown" surrounding the Jets boards.. so many more interesting threads and posts to read, these days!

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I am loving the "meltdown" surrounding the Jets boards.. so many more interesting threads and posts to read, these days!

I haven't really seen a "meltdown" as in fire everyone trade everyone. I do see a consensus that status quo has to change and a minor shakeup is required. Most want Noel removed and/or some think a top player should be traded. All of which I can agree with.

I don't think that's a meltdown though.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
I haven't really seen a "meltdown" as in fire everyone trade everyone. I do see a consensus that status quo has to change and a minor shakeup is required. Most want Noel removed and/or some think a top player should be traded. All of which I can agree with.

I don't think that's a meltdown though.

I thought about using a diff word than "meltdown". Basically, I have been entertained these last few days.

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg

@DarrenDreger: In the eyes of Oilers managment, Eberle will be an Oiler forever. Forever is a long time, but, he's not a trade target.

Yeah, and I replied to the effect of how Gretzky, then Messier were in that boat at one point as well...

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

I would think the Flyers will want to make a significant move soon. Ebs doesn't seem to be a 'Flyer-type', but Nurse would be - though I'm sure the Oil wouldn't move him.

I would think the Oil would want the Schenns, or Simmonds. The only moveable parts from Oil, might be - Yak (who Eakin said isn't moving), Gagner (who MacT said he wouldn't trade - in a gentleman's agreement) or 1st rd picks (though if you have another high lottery pick, why not keep it).

But the Oil want to be bold. Maybe Yak OR a 1st (and a prospect??) for B Schenn or Simmonds, might happen.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I thought about using a diff word than "meltdown". Basically, I have been entertained these last few days.

I guess what you're witnessing is "post-loss HF Boards syndrome".

I would think the Flyers will want to make a significant move soon. Ebs doesn't seem to be a 'Flyer-type', but Nurse would be - though I'm sure the Oil wouldn't move him.

I would think the Oil would want the Schenns, or Simmonds. The only moveable parts from Oil, might be - Yak (who Eakin said isn't moving), Gagner (who MacT said he wouldn't trade - in a gentleman's agreement) or 1st rd picks (though if you have another high lottery pick, why not keep it).

But the Oil want to be bold. Maybe Yak OR a 1st (and a prospect??) for B Schenn or Simmonds, might happen.

I'm really feeling an Eberle for Coburn + kind of deal is incredibly possible.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Oilers trade Smid to the Flames. Would of loved him on the Jets. Definitly had developed grit the last couple seasons and always played hard.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
For what it's worth (probably nothing), Eklund is saying that a deal will go down tonight but that he can't say anymore because a team involved is playing right now.

There are 4 teams playing right now.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
TSN reporting that Vern Fiddler has asked for a trade out of Dallas.

With Slater out indefinitely, any chance the Jets try to swing a trade for him and improve their faceoffs?

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Re: Slater, I doubt Winnipeg would be in on that or Dallas would be interested in trading within the division unless it was well worth it. Most likely will be kept until the deadline where he'll go to the highest bidder of playoff bound teams. I see Boston as a likely destination.

Saying that, depending on the cost, I wouldn't be against adding another center who is pretty good on face-offs and is a decent checker.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Not sure what Dallas would want, but not sure if a division trade is likely.

Agreed.

Like untouchable21 said, more likely that he's traded to an EC contender. I have a feeling someone is going to overpay for him, checking C's that are good on the draw can fetch some crazy returns (see: Gaustad, Paul).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad