Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed.

Like untouchable21 said, more likely that he's traded to an EC contender. I have a feeling someone is going to overpay for him, checking C's that are good on the draw can fetch some crazy returns (see: Gaustad, Paul).

Exactly.
I'd love to have a player like Fiddler, but I don't see it.
I'm starting to look at eastern teams to poach from.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
A fellow blogger (but unfortunately for a crappy team in Toronto... booo...) recently looked at cap hit comparables for Phaneuf.

He took guys at similar age in cap era that signed long term deals, then adjusted the cap hit to deal with inflation of the ceiling... Enstrom was one of the 14:

Player | Years | Cap Hit | 13/14 Equivalent
Zdeno Chara| 5| 7.5| 10.96
Ed Jovanovski| 5| 6.5| 9.49
Ryan Suter*| 8| 10| 9.16
Bryan McCabe| 5| 5.75| 8.4
Brian Campbell| 8| 7.14| 8.1
Kimmo Timonen|6| 6.33| 8.09
Dan Boyle| 6| 6.67| 7.56
Jay Bouwmeester|5| 6.68| 7.56
Wade Redden| 6| 6.5| 7.37
Andrei Markov| 4| 5.75| 7.35
Kris Letang| 8| 7.25| 7.25
Tobias Enstrom| 5| 5.75| 5.75
James Wisniewski|6| 5.5| 5.5
Matt Carle| 6| 5.5| 5.04

* he chopped off the final 5 years of Suter's contract because they wouldn't be allowed in the current Collective Bargaining Agreement

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@Hockey_tracker: The Fourth Period reports teams have inquired about #NHLJets Evander Kane. WPG is believed to be listening to offers.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
@Hockey_tracker: The Fourth Period reports teams have inquired about #NHLJets Evander Kane. WPG is believed to be listening to offers.

I'm sure Chevy will always listen to any offer for any player, so that last bit is "fluff" (IMO), but the fact that teams are inquiring is interesting.

Aela*

I'm sure Chevy will always listen to any offer for any player, so that last bit is a bit of "fluff", but the fact that teams are inquiring is interesting.

His opinion from Kane being a non starter in any deal to listening to offers worries me though.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
His opinion from Kane being a non starter in any deal to listening to offers worries me though.

Salesmanship - again, I'm not sure who Chevy is thinking about moving for what, but if you say "non starter", it makes it evident that the other side is going to have to move mountains to get what they want.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
LOL.

To be honest, I love EK and I don't want to see him leave. IF however the right player was offered you would HAVE to consider it. What if a Claude Giroux was part of it (before people freak out I don't think that is going to happen, it's just a what if). You have to stay open minded and listen to offers.

Considering we don't get ANY information about ANYTHING Jets, I highly doubt this guy knows that the Jets are 'listening to offers about EK' Just another article to generate website interest.

jetkarma*

Clearly stated it wasn't initiated by Winnipeg but did say they were contacted about Kane.

Mentioned Montreal and Philadelphia and suggested LA as potential trade destinations. Also said 98% of talk doesn't happen 96% of the time.

He did say though that he does not think Kane will be a Jet this time next year. Only top player with no trade stipulations or limitations . Seemed to suggest Cheveldayoff would like the two or three players a Kane trade would bring to perhaps cement the roster .

Tarks

True North
May 12, 2011
Winnipeg
LOL.

To be honest, I love EK and I don't want to see him leave. IF however the right player was offered you would HAVE to consider it. What if a Claude Giroux was part of it (before people freak out I don't think that is going to happen, it's just a what if). You have to stay open minded and listen to offers.

Considering we don't get ANY information about ANYTHING Jets, I highly doubt this guy knows that the Jets are 'listening to offers about EK' Just another article to generate website interest.

I'm sure you are right but it is possible that people from other teams or agents are leaking information. It happens.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

I wouldn't be looking to trade Kane either, but would listen if someone wanted to knock my socks off.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Any GM sniffing around an asset like Kane at this point in the season is someone you've got to be talking to. Anybody looking to make that big of a change to his roster is desperate.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
We're a 500 team...while Kane shows more heart than most players on our team, if someone is offering us a significant upgrade we should definitely consider it.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Clearly stated it wasn't initiated by Winnipeg but did say they were contacted about Kane.

Mentioned Montreal and Philadelphia and suggested LA as potential trade destinations. Also said 98% of talk doesn't happen 96% of the time.

He did say though that he does not think Kane will be a Jet this time next year. Only top player with no trade stipulations or limitations . Seemed to suggest Cheveldayoff would like the two or three players a Kane trade would bring to perhaps cement the roster .

I love Kane and all that he brings to the Jets, but I love the Jets as a team more. If we got two or three great players that took the place of Kane and made us a better team, I would be fine with it. I have no fear that Chevy would move someone like Kane without getting one heck of a return.

I'm a huge proponent of 'scoring by committee' so this works for me (assuming it works for me :laugh: )

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
There isn't a single player on this team I wouldn't trade for the right return. I love 'em all but if you can make the team better by moving someone, so be it.

Have to wonder though if this isn't a late offshoot from the Kane-Noel incident last week. In the sense that lots of people are now interpreting that Noel hates Kane. Or maybe Kane walked out on another tab in another bar somewhere. :sarcasm:

And in case it was missed beside that last line: :sarcasm:

Remember, Evander hates Winnipeg and it is snowing outside, so that should be enough to demand a trade. :p:

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Just curious if, with this Montreal rumor, either team would do Kane for Galchenyuk..

I doubt either team would do it. It would be a surprise if we couldn't get at least a couple of really good young players to round out the team. Maybe a 1st rounder too. One for one would help Habs more than Jets IMO.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Habs fans here will just counter with a bunch of garbage instead.

I really can't blame them, those fans have languished without a true #1C for so long, and Galchenyuk can become that person.

Kane's a good player and would bring Montreal exactly what they need but Galchenyuk is... well more of what they need.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Jets have a hard time finding players to compliment Kane. If another team thinks they have the players that can play with him by all means trade him. Jets seemed to do fine in the game he missed due to injury.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Jets have a hard time finding players to compliment Kane. If another team thinks they have the players that can play with him by all means trade him. Jets seemed to do fine in the game he missed due to injury.

BW4YIdsCAAAHR5-.jpg

Too bad Jets found one...

Still think that Kane-Scheif-Burmi would have been awesome. Too bad about the clash between two personalities...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad