Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Well judging by the fact that Buffalo is tanking and not even trying to hide the fact I think they'd be fine with acquiring Burmi whenever.

Does Burmi have any type of out-clause with his Russian team?

No out clause known.

He was asked by a Russian reporter if he did for year two but avoided answering the question... make of it what you may.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Well judging by the fact that Buffalo is tanking and not even trying to hide the fact I think they'd be fine with acquiring Burmi whenever.

Does Burmi have any type of out-clause with his Russian team?

IIRC only after their season is done .
I am wondering if there is a deal to be made with Washington--trading Burmi's rights plus one of our defencemen for Johansson and a (very) high draft pick.
Washington has a wealth of good Fs, a dearth of Ds and a penchant for Russian players. Imagine Burmi contemplating playing with Ovi--might hasten his return.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Isn't there an option to be over the cap this season? Not current on the specifics but I thought there was some provision to do this or something similar.

That's a bonus cushion, and as far a I know it's in effect for this season. It allows teams to spend upto 7.5% over the cap in bonuses. If those bonuses are subsequently earned, they will be applied as a penalty on the next season.

Edit: Cap geek excludes perforance bonuses from their calculation on team cap, so when looking at cap geek numbers this overage is aready taken into account

Last edited:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I kinda wish that Chevy would 'clean house' a bit in this regard, as well. (glut of no potential depth players)

I'd like to see Thorburn waived, Stuart traded, and most likely Pardy sent down once we get some bodies back on D. Thing is, as we've shown, we need the extra people for injury replacement.

I'd include trading Slater since he seems to have become a bandaid but I think a guy like him is super valuable to the team. He wins faceoffs, and gives us good reliable minutes.

A Slater, Wright, Peluso 4th line (or Halischuk if Peluso can gain coaches confidence on the 3rd) is one that can really chew up minutes, win some faceoffs. Good for us if we were say up a goal in the 3rd.

Did some research recently that isn't enough to put in an article on it's own but thought you guys would like it for when talking about upgrades/additions.

I used similar data as an old Tyler Delow article separating the NHL in lines by TOI and then further separating the lines into sections, essentially looking at the talent and statistical results spread of good to bad 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines.

One thing that has thus far come out of is the overall improvement of having a good to poor line.

I separated each line into 5 pieces (so 6 teams per a chunk or 20% of that lines players). So the difference in improving the teams ultimate end goal differential from having a bottom 20% to top 20% line is:

1st line => ~21 goals +/-
2nd line => ~18 goals +/-
3rd line => ~16 goals +/-
4th line => ~9 goals +/-

So now you know how much value to a teams goal differential improving each line from bottom 20% to top 20% is worth.

@Jet. Done! I am onboard with your plan. Jet for GM!!

Like always your stats back up my office debates! thanks Garret :yo:

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I wonder if Buffalo would take Jokinen in a trade for Ott,considering Ollie's contract is up plus he would help them with there goal of finishing in last place.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I wonder if Buffalo would take Jokinen in a trade for Ott,considering Ollie's contract is up plus he would help them with there goal of finishing in last place.

Buffalo is not trading their captain for Olli Jokinen...

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
The only surprise would be if Olli wasn't being sought after by pretty much every Cup contender this spring

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
The only surprise would be if Olli wasn't being sought after by pretty much every Cup contender this spring

Seriously?

Olli would add very little to a true cup contender. Even filling in as an injury replacement, there would be much better options.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Seriously?

Olli would add very little to a true cup contender. Even filling in as an injury replacement, there would be much better options.

Um... I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm.

Unless this was sarcasm...

Sarcasception

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
So I think it is clear that the status quo is not good enough. What do we do? Stay the course, rid ourselves of useless FA at the end of the year (i.e. Jokinen) and hope the players progress? Trade away some of our future for impact players now? Or do we sell what assets we have, while keeping our young assets, and have a mini-rebuild?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Out of curiosity...what do you think the Jets would want from Ottawa for one of Enstrom or Bogosian? Not saying that this is going to be done, and I'm not looking to hear that neither will move. As with like 99.9% of all trade speculation on here I'm aware of the chances involved. I am just curious where you think their valuation sits and especially relative to potential players/prospects from Ottawa in this situation.

Majikme

Apr 20, 2013
Out of curiosity...what do you think the Jets would want from Ottawa for one of Enstrom or Bogosian? Not saying that this is going to be done, and I'm not looking to hear that neither will move. As with like 99.9% of all trade speculation on here I'm aware of the chances involved. I am just curious where you think their valuation sits and especially relative to potential players/prospects from Ottawa in this situation.

Can bobby ryan play C? even he couldn't, i imagine him and kane would look nice together

Kane, Shiefele, Ryan. 10/10, would bang.

Would let one of them go for that probably... But a Buff/Karlsson pairing would have to be the most offensive d pairing/pound in the league.

Last edited:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Mika Z/Turris, Lehner and Cowen would be the two players whose value would be as high to us as it is to you guys.

Enstrom + something?? for Cowen + Lehner

If I was Chevy I'd have no problem giving up a 1st outside or right around the top ten straight up for Lehner. Schneider for Horvat style.

While we're in la la land hehe

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Mika Z/Turris, Lehner and Cowen would be the two players whose value would be as high to us as it is to you guys.

Enstrom + something?? for Cowen + Lehner

If I was Chevy I'd have no problem giving up a 1st outside or right around the top ten straight up for Lehner. Schneider for Horvat style.

While we're in la la land hehe

lol...well I feel like it would be tough. I'd do Cowen + Lehner + 2nd and maybe a bit more for Enstrom and Kane though. ;)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Good thing you put in a winky face, because that's terrible.

I know, it's always the 'my young players are better and have more potential than your young players' thing. Anyway good luck with the rest of the season...was just looking for a valuation.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I look at trade proposals on HF and it makes me glad that no one here runs an NHL team. I'm a firm believer of 'you can't be a fan of the team if you're the GM'. Look at how well it helped the Bombers the last few years. >_>

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Giroux & Snyder apparently had "words" after they were shut out today. Half the Flyer board wants to trade G. He's had a terrible season so far. Giroux for Buff? His cap hit is 3.75 this year then 8 X 8.25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad