Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XIV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thesaurus

Lyrical Wordsmith
Dec 14, 2011
The Cosmos
Schultz is brutal. Acquiring him as our 7th defenceman would be a mistake, let alone dumping someone like Stuart for him.

By no means is Stuart a prize, he is very limited, but Schultz has all the same limitations, plus a few more. He also plays with zero physicality or edge.

He's big and as a result has decent reach, but in every other aspect he is, at best, only as good as Stuart. In most he is flat out worse.
He's also clearly a leader in the locker room for the Jets which is big.

Aela*

I think you could just look up the game sheets and know that's not true.

Or you know, I could watch his games. Which I did. I watched a couple of his games before the London series and all of his games. He was not spectacular, or even good in some of those games.

Don't get me wrong, good goalie, but not a saint lol.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
4 points in 36 games decent enough? To me that doesn't get a minimum contract, never mind a QO with a 10% raise.

Like it or not, Tangradi is better than Wright. Tangradi is bigger, faster, better hands, wins more battles. The stats guys would back me I am sure. Honestly I would let them fight it out for the #4 LW spot beside Slater - Thorburn/Peluso. Loser goes to AHL/#13 FWD.

Thesaurus

Lyrical Wordsmith
Dec 14, 2011
The Cosmos
Like it or not, Tangradi is better than Wright. Tangradi is bigger, faster, better hands, wins more battles. The stats guys would back me I am sure. Honestly I would let them fight it out for the #4 LW spot beside Slater - Thorburn/Peluso. Loser goes to AHL/#13 FWD.
Tangradi sure as hell isn't faster than Wright. I would I have Tangradi and Wright as the 4th line wingers with Thorburn riding the pine.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
It's pretty hard not to fit in when you're playing 5 minutes a night. He throws his weight around and gets the puck deep, that's about all you can ask of a 4th liner.

I guess my question is will he throw his weight around enough? Otherwise, I think he'd be fine on the 4th line.

Had 81 hits in 36 games so I guess that answers that.

EDIT: HOLY ****!!! :amazed: Just noticed Burmi had 106 hits in 44 games last year. More then Ladd and good for 3rd on the team. :laugh:

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
If Mueller hits the market again, I think the Jets will go hard after him again. I think they were in on him last summer, but he signed with the Panthers instead (we signed Wellwood the same afternoon only an hour later).

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I want us to target Chris Summers (UFA) from Phoenix. Simply got caught behind a stacked defense.

Talent Analysis

An exceptional skater with good closing speed and effortless smooth strides, Summers doesn’t stand out in either end but is solid in both. He is a smart player who takes care of his responsibilities without taking too many chances.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I want us to target Chris Summers (UFA) from Phoenix. Simply got caught behind a stacked defense.

Talent Analysis

An exceptional skater with good closing speed and effortless smooth strides, Summers doesn’t stand out in either end but is solid in both. He is a smart player who takes care of his responsibilities without taking too many chances.

Sure!!! Sign me up. Always liked Summer's potential as a solid smooth skating defensive d-man Let's take Boyd Gordon off their hands too.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Like you're not a stats guy :laugh:
Pretty sure you're just as good as me ha

But ya, Wright and Tangradi are both good in their zone but Wright has trouble pushing the play forward and Tangradi is better at creating offensive chances and pushing the play forward.

I'm sure Tangradi had a bit of help since he was more with Burmistrov and Wright was more with Slater/Cormier/Gagnon... but I still think overall Tangradi > Wright.

Personally I'd like to see us start with a 4th line + 13th of:
Tangradi-Slater-Wright
Peluso

IMO, Tangradi is similar to Burmistrov. Burmi is 2nd line talent but scores like a 3rd liner and Tangradi is 3rd line talent that scores like a 4th liner.
Both push the play forward to be good enough for a particular line, but both haven't been able to quite get the production of those levels.
Both have had a bit of unluckiness in the On-Ice SH% department, but still could benefit from creating a bit more offense.

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
I believe, if nothing else, the Jets will be moving a D-man or 2 in some sort of trade. Wether it be for a change in draft position (up or down) or for hot bodies. We are sitting with Byfuglien, Enstrom, Bogosian, Stuart, Clitsome, Postma, Redmond, Kulda and Meetch, all one one-way deals. There is no way any of these survive going through waivers and Chevy would be crazy not dealing one or 2 away this summer. This will involve a top 6 forward IMO.

Yet another fuel to spport my previous post is the fact that the Jets drafted 5 D-men (2 AHL ready) out of 10 in the 2013 draft. We are sitting with at least 8 NHL D men with the Jets on top of all these other prospects (not forgetting Trouba!). Definitely poised to deal at least one, maybe 2 along with maybe a forward (read Burmi) to get some offensive talent up front IMO!! :highclap::highclap:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Heard from a completely reliable source that Buff is on a mission and he is in the best shape a few guys have ever seen him in. :handclap:

If a mod needs to PM me to validate that is cool

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Heard from a completely reliable source that Buff is on a mission and he is in the best shape a few guys have ever seen him in. :handclap:

Sphere? That's a really nice shape. :laugh:

That's awesome - very good to hear. He came into the very abbreviated camp last year in pretty good shape. I was shocked to see him the first time he hit the ice. If he can pull his conditioning together, he can absolutely challenge for a Norris.

Great news! :nod:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Sphere? That's a really nice shape. :laugh:

That's awesome - very good to hear. He came into the very abbreviated camp last year in pretty good shape. I was shocked to see him the first time he hit the ice. If he can pull his conditioning together, he can absolutely challenge for a Norris.

Great news! :nod:

:laugh:

Awesome news! That's a scary thought for the rest of the league. When he's committed and on his game, I personally think he's the best defenseman in the league.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Awesome, that is exactly what we need from him.
Would love nothing more to see Buff come out next year and dominate and see HF cry.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
:laugh:

Awesome news! That's a scary thought for the rest of the league. When he's committed and on his game, I personally think he's the best defenseman in the league.

It's all many of us ask for Duke...bring the best version of himself to camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad