Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XIV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Heard from a completely reliable source that Buff is on a mission and he is in the best shape a few guys have ever seen him in. :handclap:

If a mod needs to PM me to validate that is cool

Considering he was over 300 at season's end according to an accredited blogger/insurance agent from Vancouver that's truly amazing! :sarcasm:

Seriously though, that's the best news I've seen all week!:yo::handclap:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Heard from a completely reliable source that Buff is on a mission and he is in the best shape a few guys have ever seen him in. :handclap:

If a mod needs to PM me to validate that is cool

Very happy to hear this.

If he can channel the Buff we saw at the very start of last season, we're in for a treat.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun 21m
Nathan Horton visiting an NHL team/city today. He'll end up with a non-traditional hockey market I think. Wants quieter life

Too those who think we could end up getting him.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Too those who think we could end up getting him.

Also heard he wants to be in a warmer place. I'm thinking Florida or Tampa if he had a shot or maybe out on the west coast. Dallas might also be an option. Didn't really want Horton to begin with since his cap hit is likely going to be way too rich for us going forward. Couldn't afford to tie up too much in a guy like him.

Tintin's Ghost

May 28, 2007
Saskatoon
Wasn't it only a few years ago that Horton wanted out of Florida? I doubt he re-signs there. Weiss doesn't want to be there either. Climate may be the only selling point left for the Panthers.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Wasn't it only a few years ago that Horton wanted out of Florida? I doubt he re-signs there. Weiss doesn't want to be there either. Climate may be the only selling point left for the Panthers.

Don't believe there's a state income tax. Also it's an up and coming team that is only one year and 182379243829 injuries removed from a division title. And to be fair, I wouldn't have wanted to play there a few years ago either, but it seems they've started to get that organization turned around.

No Horton probably won't end up there. They wouldn't pay him what he wants. Tampa MIGHT, but I don't see it happening either. Feeling Dallas might have a good shot at him, maybe Nashville. But I don't see Nashville wanting to drop the big bucks either. Not their style.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I was never really interested in Horton to the Jets as a UFA. The price tag in the "silly season" will be away too high. Also they were saying (On XM NHL network) he will not be back until Christmas at the earliest due to the shoulder repairs. I can't wait until we don't need to be shopping at this time of the year.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
He was a healthy in the playoffs for the Barons, doubt he brings all that much quality even at the AHL level at this point.

Did not know that, thanks.

Talk about a busted pick. Chalk him up as another cautionary tale when drafting a defensive defenseman who doesn't produce as a junior.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Read the sentence preceding the sentence you bolded. The problem is Cormier hasn't shown much at the NHL level. Odds are pretty good we'll be losing him in the fall.

Really think the Jets should consider shopping Cormier's rights around while he still has a bit of value, maybe they can parlay him into a forward prospect with a bit more skill and upside.

Others might disagree, but I don't think he has a future here. O'Dell has already overtaken him on the depth chart, Telegin (if you consider him a C) is gaining on him as well.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
You're probably right, the problem is it seems everyone is shedding marginal prospects, or maybe it's just the time of year. There's a whole bunch of guys that haven't landed a regular NHL spot that we could lose to waivers:

Postma (although he did play 34 games)
Redmond
Kulda
O'Dell
Cormier

There isn't enough room on our roster for all these guys IMO.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Did not know that, thanks.

Talk about a busted pick. Chalk him up as another cautionary tale when drafting a defensive defenseman who doesn't produce as a junior.

#Morrissey #Awesome

I said last season that Kosmachuk was going to pass Sutter quickly in prospect value. My AHL pet prospect was Melchiori.

This year my Jr pet prospect is Morrissey... haven't decided on AHL yet.

/OT

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I was never really interested in Horton to the Jets as a UFA. The price tag in the "silly season" will be away too high. Also they were saying (On XM NHL network) he will not be back until Christmas at the earliest due to the shoulder repairs. I can't wait until we don't need to be shopping at this time of the year.

I've never had interest in Horton, either, and I think anyone who signs him here should really buy with caution given his injury problems/history. He is one player I would never give money + term to. If he goes for 5-6 years... :help:

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
#Morrissey #Awesome

I said last season that Kosmachuk was going to pass Sutter quickly in prospect value. My AHL pet prospect was Melchiori.

This year my Jr pet prospect is Morrissey... haven't decided on AHL yet.

/OT

Don't think a 1st rounder qualifies as a diamond in the rough type pick...

Last edited:

Tintin's Ghost

May 28, 2007
Saskatoon
Don't believe there's a state income tax. Also it's an up and coming team that is only one year and 182379243829 injuries removed from a division title. And to be fair, I wouldn't have wanted to play there a few years ago either, but it seems they've started to get that organization turned around.

No Horton probably won't end up there. They wouldn't pay him what he wants. Tampa MIGHT, but I don't see it happening either. Feeling Dallas might have a good shot at him, maybe Nashville. But I don't see Nashville wanting to drop the big bucks either. Not their style.

Are players assessed income tax based on where they play or where they reside? I know that most occupations are assessed based on geographic location of employer but I thought there was a workaround/loophole for professional athletes that was used for Canadian-based teams in the 90's when CDN economy was floundering and US economy was relatively dominant. I could be quite wrong and maybe they just paid their stars in US $ to compensate for currency exchange differential but I thought it involved loophole for taxes too..anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland