Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Some of the questions were cringe worthy but I really love the video and loved the answer about the number :)

I thought the interview went fine. His answers were pretty much what you'd want to hear. He's planning to work hard and play where the coach wants him to play. I think Maurice will be the right coach for him - a very good communicator and a thoughtful guy.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I thought the interview went fine. His answers were pretty much what you'd want to hear. He's planning to work hard and play where the coach wants him to play. I think Maurice will be the right coach for him - a very good communicator and a thoughtful guy.

I agree, most of the questions were fine. That whole 'do you regret leaving to play in the KHL' was a stupid question though and you could see it really annoyed Alex.

I am sure he heard all of the idiotic traitor talk when he left and a lot of that was by casual fans propagated by the media.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
He also likes the agressive game. He must be planning on taking another run at Chara ;)

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
I think he really likes the city. There were stories from.his time here before that he used to play pick up hockey with kids around the city.

And Winnipeg itself has a very eastern European feel to it in general, so its not overall surprising that he enjoys it being Russian.

When you say Eastern European are you saying that are streets look like they were in a war zone littered with craters.:laugh:
It is nice to see him here already I am excited to see him play again.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
When you say Eastern European do you that are streets look like they were in a war zone littered with craters.:laugh:
It is nice to see him here already I am excited to see him play again.

Lol. No more that it has a very eastern euro influence on it, considered the people that used to live in the city in the early days. Lots Ukrainian, Polish, Russian, German, Czech etc.)

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Great to see Burmi back....maybe a hint of defensiveness but the big smile said far far far more than anything else.

I really hope he plays well this year [mod].

Last edited by a moderator:

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Postma 21 game healthy scratch last year wouldn't help his cause in a Arbitration case.
Postma s bad luck to be behind 3 all star caliber RD in Buff Myers and Trouba.
Chevy should sign Postma to a good value type 2 year contract. This would postpone Postma UFA status by a year and increase his possible trade value

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I think that Chiarot - Postma is our future bottom pairing.

Wouldn't mind it. Chiarot has done very well with good possession players, compared to not well with poor possession players. Postma has done reasonably well when not playing with one of our crappy #7 D-men.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
allan5oh posted this in the prospect thread but I thought it might fit here too.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/t.php?id=239316

EliteProspects has Kulda leaving Salavat Yulaev (confirmed by the team website), but not sure yet where he is going.

http://www.hcsalavat.ru/salavat-yulaev/news/salavat_yulaev_rastorg_kontrakt_s_artursom_kuldoy/

The website basically says that they mutually terminated his contract and wish him the best. I wonder where he's off to? I'm not even sure if the Jets still hold his rights in the NHL.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
allan5oh posted this in the prospect thread but I thought it might fit here too.

EliteProspects has Kulda leaving Salavat Yulaev (confirmed by the team website), but not sure yet where he is going.

http://www.hcsalavat.ru/salavat-yulaev/news/salavat_yulaev_rastorg_kontrakt_s_artursom_kuldoy/

The website basically says that they mutually terminated his contract and wish him the best. I wonder where he's off to? I'm not even sure if the Jets still hold his rights in the NHL.

I thought he had only signed a 2 year deal in July 2013? I thought it would be expiring this season. He hasn't reached UFA based on age as he turns 27 in a few weeks. I think the Jets qualified him prior to his signing on the KHL?

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010

I'm not certain, but I thought his status would be the same as Tikhonov, who just signed as a UFA with Chicago, after his rights expired with Arizona. I'm guessing Kulda is also a UFA.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010

If Kulda wants to play in the NHL in '15-16, I'm now pretty sure it would have to be with the Jets, based on this:

Unrestricted free agency

On July 1 of a given year, the following players become unrestricted free agents, free to sign with any team without compensation to the former team.

Group 3 free agents: Players who have reached age 27, or have 7 accrued years of NHL experience, whose contracts have expired
Group 6 free agents (must be elected by the player): Players who have reached age 25, who have 3 accrued years of professional experience (that is, beyond junior or collegiate hockey), and whose contracts have expired, but have played less than:
80 NHL games played for forwards and defensemen.
28 NHL games played for goaltenders.

Maybe Kulda got his release from the KHL in order to play in Germany or Switzerland or Finland or ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad