Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
gary lawless ‏@garylawless
agent for Lee Stempniak says he "doesn't expect it to happen," when asked about player re-signing with #nhljets #bn #ufa2015

This makes me sad.

Wow, that's really unfortunate. Really liked Stemp.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Not expecting big names and nothing against Pardy, but come on. Need better depth. Will be disappointed in as reported, Stempniak chooses to go elsewhere.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
According to Eklund, we are interested in Corey Crawford, hard to believe unless Jets are planning waiving Pavs

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Free Agent Frenzy: Part II

Looks like we need a new thread.

Who we've signed so far (since July 1):
  • F Patrice Cormier signed a one-year, two-way contract ($650,000 AAV) contract on July 2, 2015
  • F Matt Fraser signed a one-year, two-way contract ($650,000 AAV) contract on July 2, 2015
  • F Alexander Burmistrov signed a two-year contract on July 1, 2015
  • F Matt Halischuk signed a one-year, two-way contract ($750,000) on July 1, 2015
  • D Adam Pardy signed a one-year contract ($1 million) on July 1, 2015

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
So Tessier suggesting Flyers interested in either Enstrom or Buff.

Well they have a number of LH dmen prospects - Sanheim, Morin, Haag and now Provorov.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

Well they have a number of LH dmen prospects - Sanheim, Morin, Haag and now Provorov.

They're not. Tessier is a hack.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011

The good ol' Hockeybuzz go-to Buff to Flyers rumor. I swear that's their #1 rumor they re-use on a monthly basis. Never fails.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Looks like we need a new thread.

Who we've signed so far (since July 1):
  • F Patrice Cormier signed a one-year, two-way contract ($650,000 AAV) contract on July 2, 2015
  • F Matt Fraser signed a one-year, two-way contract ($650,000 AAV) contract on July 2, 2015
  • F Alexander Burmistrov signed a two-year contract on July 1, 2015
  • F Matt Halischuk signed a one-year, two-way contract ($750,000) on July 1, 2015
  • D Adam Pardy signed a one-year contract ($1 million) on July 1, 2015

Very impressive......watch out Ducks! :laugh:

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
Who exactly should we have signed?

Even if he gives you some names others are going to jump on it and say "How do we know they would want to come to Winnipeg?" or "How do we know they would have signed with Winnipeg for that amount?" which seem to be the go to excuses for a lot of inaction over the years and is also an unanswerable question.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

[mod]

Was there better FA's out there? Yes

Would they have signed in the Peg? Who knows...

Would Mr Perf...Chevy opened his tight purse stings? Doubt it

Will we add 1-2 more bottom feaders? Maybe, July 2nd only.

Weak year overall for FA's.

IMO we're starting this season weaker then we ended last year.....doubt Pavs repeats his career best year....who knows how Hutch does...wild card still. Few kids might get a chance this year, we'll see how they do...another wild card. I'm expecting regression this season....said it for months and months.

I'm curious what Chevy does with Ladds contract and how he handles Buff. These are the only two things that interest me that might happen this summer......otherwise long boring summer with nothing changing.

Last edited by a moderator:

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003

Other than the Connor pick, Burmi coming back... offseason has been a bust so far.

- We needed an upgrade over Stafford, likely would have required a trade.

- Stuart on the 2nd pairing, Ondrej still starting in net in year five. That #### is unacceptable. Our GM continues to ignore glaring weaknesses that will handicap the team's chances of making the playoffs.

Byfuglien has to be moved without an extension.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
[mod]

Was there better FA's out there? Yes

Would they have signed in the Peg? Who knows...

When have I ever praised Chevy.? He's far from perfect and I'm a bit insulted that you characterize my comment that way Why would you attach that to me? Because I don't join in with you anf pile on?

I for one am happy our GM doesn't overpay on FA frenzy day, The only player I wanted him to sign yesterday was Fro and I have been critical of Chevy for not getting it done.

I am not negative about our GM, only slightly positive, yet i am far from someone who calls him perfect. Why would you assosciate me with that? Just beacause I won't join you in piling on? Labeling me incorrectly does not help any of your arguments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad