Post-Game Talk: Jets finish Preds. 5-1. ADVANCE TO THE WCF for the first time in HISTORY!

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
So happy to share this with all you guys/gals on this board! 7 long years is well worth it right now.

I have so much crow to eat... Maurice, thought he should be fired...oops. Lowry, never more than a 4th line centre...yikes. Tanev, never going to be an NHL player...ummm ya.

What a ****ing team.

I'm with you. Count me in the "fire PoMO" / "Jets won't make playoffs this year" category in September 2017!!!!! I'll happily take salt and pepper with my crow, please!

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
also on a side note- the Hawks board thanks you for knocking off the vile Predators which has now locked us in at pick #27 for this draft instead of what could have been #31..might not seem like a big difference, but every pick up maters and this was a big help for us...thank you from da Hawks!!!

I do not see it as increasing the Hawks draft value from 31 to 27......

I see it as dropping the Blues draft value from 27 to 31.......

The Blues are the greater threat in the Central division going forward in the years to cone, as the Hawks need to re build and Jet- is-on bad contracts.....

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
Congratulations from Anaheim! I wish you guys the best. nashville was so full of themselves. We can only dream of chasing out rinne in the 1st period of a game 7, but you guys did it!

Vegas vs Winnipeg will be such an entertaining series. Much better than playing in bandwagon city.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
What an unfamiliar feeling!

My wife nearly booted me out of the house for screaming and shouting and teaching our toddler words he shouldn't know. She asked me whether I'd cry at the end of the game. It's just that I was stunned. Years of disappointment will do that you.
My wife was WAY louder than I was lol. I had to keep pushing her out of the way because she kept standing up in front of the TV! Crazy Jets fans :)

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Wow! I can't believe it and I can believe it all at the same time. Feels like such a long road for a lot of us going way back into Jets 1.0 days.

Full marks to the Preds for the hard series, but the Jets were the better team in game 7.

Bring on the Knights! Even though the Preds were the #1 team in the league, I think this series against the Knights is going to be faster.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Wait, Jets won? Told you it is PO and series aren't over till one team loses 4 games. Please stop with not been confident. We have ourselves a team, let's enjoy the ride.
Nashville started to sell tickets for next round? I feel even better now
Hear Fisher's wife is so sour grapes and officially supporting Vegas. Will be nice to disappoint her twice
21dqykx.jpg

Go Jets Go!

I would disappoint her twice :)

Reactions: folix

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I have never been happier to be wrong in my life. I thought this team wasn't mature or experienced enough to pull it off. Sure, scoring that first goal was MOUNTAINOUS and Rinne really stunk quite a few times this series, but the boys really kept pushing the entire game. They looked calm, composed and on a mission.

For the first time I TRULY believe this team could win the Stanley Cup this year. HOME ICE THE REST OF THE WAY BABY!

As a side note, my company held a big convention in Orlando this week, with the wrap up party at Islands Of Adventure at Universal. We pretty much had the Marvel island to ourselves, food, booze, and no lines for the rides.

All of our ownership and executive are from Winnipeg, and while we had this amazing playground at our disposal everyone was huddled around a TV in Cappy's Cafe watching the game - it was hilarious. I preferred to watch when I got home, as I didn't want to miss the experience. I found out the score, but it didn't matter, it helped me really enjoy the game later :)

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I'd love to see the Jets win the cup! Your city would be SO let off the hook ! No more Winnipeg jokes, no more NHL's Siberia talk, no more nobody wants to play there BS, no more Toronto bluster or McDavid talk. Winnipeg would now get the respect it deserves and all the ghosts of the past with the Jets leaving for a market that doesn't even care about hockey would be gone! o_O
If Jets don't win the Cup, we are flying to Cambodia.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
That Stastny-dude. Veteran who know what he wants and how to provide for it.

Respect.

Best part of it all is that he is now Jets Pilot.

Flight Officer Laine: "Enemy in sun at 6. Guns initiated"
Flight Officer Ehlers: "Afterburners toggled on. Mach 2.5"
Lt. Commander Stastny: "Guys! Take easy, I shot them down already. Fox 1, Fox 2, Fox 3... duh, I'll write the report later. It was some kind of new prototype of a unmanned drone. Prolly 'Predator' -type with Rinne-avionics, not sure yet."
FO Laine: "Roger that!" ***"Damn I was needed in the aerospace of Denmark"***
FO Ehlers: "Roger that!" ***"Damn I was needed in the aerospace of Denmark"***

*Then guys violate together the regulations of Winnipeg Airodrome when making a rather modest fly-by. In formation. No men missing*

Lt. Commander Stastny: "Let's go to Nevada!"

Go Jets Go!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Also noticed in the handshake line that the PA was playing music from Top Gun. Not sure that was intentional from them but a song from a movie about jets after losing badly to the Jets in game 7 was kinda funny

Reactions: Cellee

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Just woke up and watched the highlights. What a great game by the Jets. Helle deserves a lot of credit, he didn't give up much, but eveybody played well really.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
I think it's a psychological thing or they're nursing an injury. Josi and Ellis are both known for exceptionally gifted hockey IQ (Josi is a genius in real life, and Ellis is a gifted kid as well that excelled in school when he was still in the O). You can't go from Einstein hockey IQ to cavemen that quickly without psychological or physical burden.
I dunno. I think it was partially because their efforts were on shutting down our young guns. Laine was shadowed every step he took on the ice, every time he had the puck there were one or two Preds with sticks on his. I don't think Laine was hampered by injury, but hampered more by very good defense.

Our D were not slouches - give them credit, too. The only injury talk on the Pred's board before last game was about Fisher (even before the announcement, so they were being observant).

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
What a FANTASTIC game. Scheif stamping his own ticket to superstardom. And Bucky just cool as F***!

It was my birthday yesterday and I got to watch the Jets hit the final four with my son visiting, Indian food, and banana cream pie. Just a very special day all around for me.

Thank you Jets!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'd love to see the Jets win the cup! Your city would be SO let off the hook ! No more Winnipeg jokes, no more NHL's Siberia talk, no more nobody wants to play there BS, no more Toronto bluster or McDavid talk. Winnipeg would now get the respect it deserves and all the ghosts of the past with the Jets leaving for a market that doesn't even care about hockey would be gone! o_O

Great post here by Dan Kelly --and I couldn't agree more !!! As a life-long Winnipeger, I'm sick and tired of other big market cities like Toronto and others, referring to Winnipeg as the "armpit" of the country, where "nobody" wants to play, and that it's just a frozen wasteland. This is far from the truth. Winnipeger's should take exception to this kind of talk.

I can tell you right now that Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, and Minnesota--certainly get their share of -24 C weather in January and February. Also there is only really 2 very cold months here in Winnipeg, and that's January and February. Believe me, it also gets cold in Boston and New York --"their not tropical paradises." Hockey was invented in Canada, and it's a "winter sport."

With a great ownership group, and the best GM in the business, you'll see a lot of players be very happy to come to Winnipeg, and play in front of sold out crowds, instead of empty buildings. Paul Statsny is just one of many that will "waive" no trade clauses to come play in this great spirited hockey town.

It's about time Winnipeg will get the respect it deserves. :nod:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Big win, half way there. This team has some kahunas and when combined with the talent we have we can win game #1 of the WCF and take it from there.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Great post here by Dan Kelly --and I couldn't agree more !!! As a life-long Winnipeger, I'm sick and tired of other big market cities like Toronto and others, referring to Winnipeg as the "armpit" of the country, where "nobody" wants to play, and that it's just a frozen wasteland. This is far from the truth. Winnipeger's should take exception to this kind of talk.

I got really ticked when the CBC clowns commented that "Canada" still has a team in the playoffs. f*** you, rest of Canada. People all across this country gleefully shit on my city at every opportunity. Winterpeg, Loserpeg, etc. If the Jets win the Cup, it is ours and ours alone. You can't have it. You can't even touch it. Hell, you can't even look at it. Avert your eyes to the ground when it appears before you, you mass of unworthiness. :eviltongu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad