Post-Game Talk: Jets finish Preds. 5-1. ADVANCE TO THE WCF for the first time in HISTORY!

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I see that tool bandwagon jumper Carrie Underwood just tweeted her support for Vegas now and offered to sing the anthem at their games. Not a single "good game/series Winnipeg". F*** her and her s*** music. Man i dont know why this makes me so mad lol.
Butt hurt... :naughty:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
uEb6XXP.jpg

Well. This is a dandy.:nod::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Reactions: ps241

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Man, watching the replay of that second goal and it was a pretty bad one for Rinne. You can pretty much tell that Stasny could see Rinne moving away from the post and he just popped the puck up perfectly as the window opened. That was both a real bad play for Rinne, and a really sharp play by Stas.

Reactions: Puckatron 3000

Jedub

Registered Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Don't hold your breath. Our mosquito population is always a reflection of the amount of rain we get. Nothing more, nothing less. Last year after a bit of a wet May we dried out very well = no mosquitoes. So far this year numbers will be very low as we've been drier than a popcorn fart. How the rest of the year goes depends on the amount of moisture. Cilantro plays no role.

When was the last year we had a lot of mosquitos? I cannot remember.

Reactions: GNP

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What a FANTASTIC game. Scheif stamping his own ticket to superstardom. And Bucky just cool as F***!

It was my birthday yesterday and I got to watch the Jets hit the final four with my son visiting, Indian food, and banana cream pie. Just a very special day all around for me.

Thank you Jets!

happy belated, sounds like a great way to spend it! Mine was on Saturday so got to watch THAT butt stomping, was a good time . Feels a bit odd but fantastic to watch the Jets play on your birthday, doesn't it?

Reactions: Robinson2187

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Just saw a portion of the PK Subban post game interview. Wow, what a piece of work. He states that the Jets are not the better team. Dude, you just lost the series including 3 games at home. Game 7 wasn't even close. Yes, you got beat by the better team - own it.

Idiot.

The guy has no class. I'm glad the Jets don't have anyone like him.

:jets

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Interesting. I didn't see anything about his play that suggested he couldn't get the toe locked on the RVH, but maybe you're right.

It's noteworthy that Hrudy was looking at Nashville's shot selection in, I think, game 5 and he thought it was strange that they kept shooting from the goal-line, as though they had seen something on Hellebuyck that he hadn't. Maybe they were projecting something they'd seen on Rinne.

Steve Valiquette (sp) was on XM NHL network today and said Pekka is the lowest ranked starting goalie in the NHL for shots from the goal line and also wrap arounds. He mentioned the Jets should get big props for having scouted this and this feeds into the narrative Myers was talking about.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I got really ticked when the CBC clowns commented that "Canada" still has a team in the playoffs. **** you, rest of Canada. People all across this country gleefully **** on my city at every opportunity. Winterpeg, Loserpeg, etc. If the Jets win the Cup, it is ours and ours alone. You can't have it. You can't even touch it. Hell, you can't even look at it. Avert your eyes to the ground when it appears before you, you mass of unworthiness. :eviltongu

It was that kind of attitude from Canucks fans in '11 that made me hate the Canucks.

As soon as my team is out I cheer for the next available Canadian team and I welcome any and all Canadian bandwaggoners doing the same.

You are, of course free to do differently but I dislike intensely the 'dog in the manger' attitude.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
People will say that Pred's Goalie Rinne lost them the game-- but is this really true ?? Well in part yes, because he let in a couple soft goals. I will tell you this however, if you only score 1 goal all game long in a crucial Game 7-- do you not deserve to lose ???--I think "yes" you do. Also that 1 lone goal came on a power play.

As PK Subban said--we win or lose as a team and all of us didn't lift our game up -he said--"were all to blame"-- at least he called it like it is. The Jet's were the better team.

Rinne let in 1 soft goal, maybe. You could call Myers' goal soft or maybe just flukey. Stastney's was a good shot by Stas on the rebound. If Preds D was playing well he would never have had that second chance. Blaming Rinne is BS.

Jets were clearly the better team. Period.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Really enjoyed the win last night. I was so nervous during the game but I was having a blast watching with my 9 year old son.

Seems like this team keeps ascending to new heights and destroying mountains of baggage that Jets 1.0-2.0- and our Thrasher homies have carried for years. Young players teaching us how to have faith one playoff step at at time.

Nashville provided a steep test and props to them for a hard fought series. On to Vegas who I find very entertaining to watch.

May the best team win!

GO JETS GO?

Poxsonus

Jan 24, 2016
Saskatchewan
Steve Valiquette (sp) was on XM NHL network today and said Pekka is the lowest ranked starting goalie in the NHL for shots from the goal line and also wrap arounds. He mentioned the Jets should get big props for having scouted this and this feeds into the narrative Myers was talking about.
Really? I would have said Craig Anderson was worst on wraparound. He has terrible form when players attempt to come out from behind.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I agree with you GNP. I lived in Winnipeg 25+ years and the winters were never a problem as kids we loved it. Winnipeg is a GREAT sports town with fantastic people but the real problem with Winnipeg is it's politics which is one of the reasons the Jets 1.0 left.

Your right Raider --Winnipeg is a great sports town, and very patriotic fans. Winter is never a problem especially if your a kid --you just don't seem to feel the cold. When I was a kid, I stayed outside and played hockey all day sitting on snow banks for a rest, on outdoor rinks, and never felt the cold--even in (-25 C) When you get older--you feel the cold though--goes right thru you to the bone.

As for the Jet's leaving Winnipeg -- the owner Shenkarow was losing a lot of money, and the dollar was also very low -- I think around 60 or 70 cents. To add to that, the Jets were not getting sellout crowds like they are now, and had an old arena. I don't think Shenkarow could hold out, and didn't have the pockets to carry this team much longer. I don't think he had much choice.

Today we have the Birchwood Group ( Chipman) and Thompson( very rich Canadian) that own the Jets, and together they have a lot of money. They also have a new arena, and are playing to sold out crowds, at higher ticket prices. Also these teams today get a "cut" or piece of the pie everytime a new franchise is sold-- so I'm told. So if Vegas bought in at $ 500,000 mil -- the Jets get a percentage of that--how much I don't know ?? If anybody knows-please tell me??? Also Seattle is coming into the league ar around $ 700 mil ??-so I'm told ?? and the Jet's get a piece of that action--what % --I'm not sure ? I also believe they get a percentage of television broadcasting rights from the NHL. So--times have changed immensely.

Adding this all together--you can see why it's easier and more profitable to own an NHL franchise today, Also Shenkarow sold the Jets for around $ 80 mil, and the Birchwood group bought the Thrashers for $ 130 mil I believe. So if the Birchwood group bought in at $ 130 mil--and franchises are worth $ 500 mil--look at the profit--it's huge $ 500- 130 = $ 370 million and rising. They could probably borrow against this increased franchise value to subsidize club operations, should they have a lean year. So a lot of the profit in the NHL today is in "increased value" of the Franchise--which is really not realized unless you sell the franchise. ( like your house value)I don't believe there is much money in the year to year cash flow operation of the club--although some clubs would do very well. The other clubs like Carolina, and Florida operate at huge losses every year. ( low attendance= big losses)

All of these kinds of elements just were not there when the Jets 1.0 were sold, so you can see why a small owner would be forced to sell. As you can see by my post --the financial dynamics of owning a NHL Sports Franchise has changed considerably. This is my opinion on this matter.

Last edited:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It's pretty obvious why Aavco took a break if you look at his posting history.

He needed a break--he was on here 14 hours a day-- he finally broke down, but I bet he'll be back--he's addicted.:)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00