Post-Game Talk: Jets final fall to the Knights 2 -1

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Our young players will get better but at the same time some of our key vets will be getting up there in age. And we’re going to lose some depth.
I hope we’re able to trade away a couple older guys for some younger talent because this year our young core came online and our old core is still good.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
He seems the most shaken of them all. And frustrated. “Luck was definitely on their side. I’ve never seen anything like it.”
I agree ... "I've never seen anything like" too.
2 defections and off the post GOAL ... hit a skate bounce right to an open man GOAL ... a wiff and you get a break away with puck rolling off the post GOAL.
Seriously you can't make this stuff up that was Vegas's last 3 goals = 2 wins

Reactions: Ducky10 and Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Jets definitely looked tired out there and i realize we went 7 games with Nashville but aren't the Jets one of the youngest teams in the league ? It just seemed like no one wanted to be in front of the net or drive to the net at all . I'm very pumped about how great a season we had but going out like we did is pretty frustrating right now .

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The Jets definitely looked tired out there and i realize we went 7 games with Nashville but aren't the Jets one of the youngest teams in the league ? It just seemed like no one wanted to be in front of the net or drive to the net at all . I'm very pumped about how great a season we had but going out like we did is pretty frustrating right now .
They are young, but in a couple more seasons guys like Laine and Ehlers will be hitting their primes and that is when we will see them being able to stay strong in a long playoff push. I keep thinking what a difference a 24 y/o Laine would have made in a series like we just played.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Our young players will get better but at the same time some of our key vets will be getting up there in age. And we’re going to lose some depth.
I hope we’re able to trade away a couple older guys for some younger talent because this year our young core came online and our old core is still good.

Its not like our vets where actually that great this postseason. Perrault was very disappointing as was Toby. Little was very meh. Quite frankly this playoffs told me we will win off the back of our kids and maybe Buff and Wheeler when the time comes.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
They are young, but in a couple more seasons guys like Laine and Ehlers will be hitting their primes and that is when we will see them being able to stay strong in a long playoff push. I keep thinking what a difference a 24 y/o Laine would have made in a series like we just played.
Agreed and i also hope Ehlers was dealing with a injury , he is too good a player to not score at all , all playoffs .

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Its not like our vets where actually that great this postseason. Perrault was very disappointing as was Toby. Little was very meh. Quite frankly this playoffs told me we will win off the back of our kids and maybe Buff and Wheeler when the time comes.
Buff ran outve gas too. Left it all out there in two rounds and seemed to run low on energy after game 1. And wheels looked hurt. Still contributing but not scoring at all.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed. Our future is on the backs of the 2011 draft class and beyond. If we make another jump over the next couple seasons I see Buff and Wheeler still big parts of any playoff success.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Buff ran outve gas too. Left it all out there in two rounds and seemed to run low on energy after game 1. And wheels looked hurt. Still contributing but not scoring at all.

I agree about Buff, he was a force the first two rounds but didn't have much left in the tank in the WCF.

I still think Moe can still do a better job distributing ice time on his defense core. No way Morrissey should be only playing 20 minutes a night next season. He should be up around 23 minutes, ditto for Trouba and Buff. Kulikov around 19 and Niku/Poolman and whoever else in the 17 minute range.

Reactions: Trojien

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I agree about Buff, he was a force the first two rounds but didn't have much left in the tank in the WCF.

I still think Moe can still do a better job distributing ice time on his defense core. No way Morrissey should be only playing 20 minutes a night next season. He should be up around 23 minutes, ditto for Trouba and Buff. Kulikov around 19 and Niku/Poolman and whoever else in the 17 minute range.
Jmo needs pp time. He's the perfect player for it.

Reactions: surixon

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Are the Jets just less capable of playing through injuries as all teams are injured at this time of the year.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Love how much responsibility Laine shoulders. No excuses or talk of what his teammates could have done, purely focused on his own role and what he needs to do.
How much of this though is media training though. He repeated throughout the playoffs he had to step up pretty much every interview but the actions weren't there. There was the odd shift where he hinted to what he could do but never really saw him step up and dominate regardless of the opponent. I thought he might step up more in the 3rd round when Vegas seemed to switch power play focus to Schief and away from him but he never ever really started to move his feet.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It was fun. Jets seem to be making no excuses but they feel like they're still the better team, I still think they tired out after first two rounds. Great season!

I like that as well, I think we see a very focused and pissed off team next season. The kids should only be getting better, Buff and Wheeler are still good. Hopfully Little bounces back.

Having Niku and maybe Poolman should help our breakouts next season.

Reactions: Klinger

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I like that as well, I think we see a very focused and pissed off team next season. The kids should only be getting better, Buff and Wheeler are still good. Hopfully Little bounces back.

Having Niku and maybe Poolman should help our breakouts next season.
Roslo will break out too. Vesalainen will be up by year end too perhaps.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
How much of this though is media training though. He repeated throughout the playoffs he had to step up pretty much every interview but the actions weren't there. There was the odd shift where he hinted to what he could do but never really saw him step up and dominate regardless of the opponent. I thought he might step up more in the 3rd round when Vegas seemed to switch power play focus to Schief and away from him but he never ever really started to move his feet.

He isn't afraid to call himself out, I would rather that then the alternative. He is also a kid and produced points at a similar clip that McJesus did his first playoffs. I am sure he isn't happy with his performance and will take the necessary steps to improve. The same can be said about Conner and Ehlers. I also expect Morrissey will be better as well, he seemed to fade a bit against Vegas after a great first two series.

Reactions: Trilliann

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad