Post-Game Talk: Jets final fall to the Knights 2 -1

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Anyone else feel remarkably calm and not as upset as they thought they would?

Game 7 vs Nashville I was on pins and needles. A loss would have felt like a gunshot. Maybe its because after game 3 I just felt like it wasn't meant to be? Either way, I'm surprised how not furious I am.
Other than today's game ... those other 3 losses did not feel like losses. Jets were the better team sometimes you just can't beat fate.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
They could've gotten better goaltending...

Maybe. He's the better goalie definitely and rendered our strengths elsewhere null. And even then - came down to one goal for 3 of the games. You don't win many by scoring 1 or 2 anyway. Even the Knights typically don't win like that.

If Hellebuyck lets in like 4 or 5 each game and we are scoring 3 or 4 then its def a goaltending problem but can't really blame him much for our inability to score more than 2 most of the games.

Reactions: GNP

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Are the Jets just less capable of playing through injuries as all teams are injured at this time of the year.
They beat the Wild and Preds. Are they even less able to play through injuries? They got down to the final 4 teams and lost to a team that is playing exceptional hockey right now. Sometimes it is actually the other team that deserves credit for what they have done.

Reactions: kxx and GNP

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
They beat the Wild and Preds. Are they even less able to play through injuries? They got down to the final 4 teams and lost to a team that is playing exceptional hockey right now. Sometimes it is actually the other team that deserves credit for what they have done.

I don't think Vegas did anything that exceptional. They capitalized on almost all of their breaks and got above Vezna caliber goal-tending. They will never have this much fortune as an org ever again imo. That said I think the Jets needed to lose to truly push our young players over the top. You learn more from failing and there are some players on this team im who really needed this lesson to show them exactly what they need to work on.

Reactions: Guerzy and GNP

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Game 7 vs Nashville I was on pins and needles. A loss would have felt like a gunshot. Maybe its because after game 3 I just felt like it wasn't meant to be? Either way, I'm surprised how not furious I am.
This is not far off how I feel. I feel like we gave it a hell of a run. Made it to the final 4, and just met a team playing on all cylinders with a goalie playing lights out. All and all we exceeded my expectations and went down fighting. I'll take that and raise my expectations accordingly next season.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
As petty as it may seem I'm hoping for the same.

I do as well because I dislike seeing teams win due to being luckier than other teams to the extent Vegas has been. They have a 105 PDO which is ridiculous. I have a hard time giving a team credit when they are getting the percentages Vegas is. As I said, they will not get this kind of luck every again so they best make the most of it as I see them being mediocre for years to come after this.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Tough way to go. Really don’t think they are a better team than us. Fleury was great, bounces went there way.

Proud of the jets. Hurts like hell and I’m sure it hurts more for them.

Reactions: irunthepeg

TheHead

Defence? We don't need no stinking defence!
Mar 15, 2018
Winnipeg
Great season! Disappointing series. But, it is what it is. We will come back as good or better next year. We are on the cusp of greatness, here!

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Jets scored 9 goals in 5 games... 5 in the last 4. Ppl going on about coaching or Helle or whatever else... Ridiculous.

Vegas just outworked the Jets. Bottom line and they got all the bounces and all the calls or non calls also.

Vegas deserved to Win.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road

Totally agree with you. The Jets had an incredible season and made such huge strides and were beat out by a team that just seemed to get all the breaks with out of the world goaltending and an exceptional ability to capitalize on all their chances. This Vegas team just might continue that against whomever they play. The final 4 was beyond my wildest expectations and being beat by an expansion team doesn't even factor into it for me because they are a damn good team but for large portion of the series the Jets played better and I don't think they were ever overmatched but after the first game they were always chasing and that was a huge factor. The young guys will figure it out and will continue to get better and it is a rarity that a team makes it all the way on their first run. Most teams except the Golden Knights as it seems have to suffer through some defeats before they find ultimate success when their window first opens. One of 4 teams left with a Vezina candidate goalie and a number one centre that had a historic record breaking pace throughout the first 3 rounds is something pretty special in my books.

Reactions: rosenqvist

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It reminds me of the 2003 Ducks when Gigure stood on his head all playoffs and single handily got them into the finals. Personally I see the Lightning ripping them apart..

You can forget about that in one hella of a hurry. The Lightning ( if they get in) are a scoring talent based team, much like the Jets-with Stamkos, Kucherov etc. The Knights will shut them down with their great defensive game, and quick transition game, just like they did to the Kings, Sharks and Jets. Vegas can also put the puck in the net--they are no slouches, and some are still underrating them.

If they continue to get .950 Goaltending from Fleury --expect Vegas to take that series in 6 Games. Tampa is the "exact perfect" opponent for Vegas--"not rough"-a lot of skill, and they will shut them down with good defense. I'm quite sure this will happen.

Reactions: kxx

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013

I know exactly how you feel. After game 6 of the Nashville series I resigned myself to the fact that we might not have enough left to go all the way. At that point I became ok with it should it not happen.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad