Post-Game Talk: Jets final fall to the Knights 2 -1

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Its not like our vets where actually that great this postseason. Perrault was very disappointing as was Toby. Little was very meh. Quite frankly this playoffs told me we will win off the back of our kids and maybe Buff and Wheeler when the time comes.

Totally agree. (Well maybe not the Buff part). :laugh: I don’t think we’re a Stanley Cup championship team with him. Would rather boring and really steady back there instead.
6 Morrissey’s wouldn’t be a bad option either
Whatever the case, we have some moves that need to be made to move some vets while they still have a lot of value. Meyers being one of them. Little another.

Nov 24, 2006
Embarrassing. Sorry...but the season wasn't a success. Okay....let's not hear it....
Au contraire.

I had more fun watching 82 games of hockey this year than ever before. The Jets were a constant source of talk at work. The city came alive this spring. It was incredible. And this team can get better still.

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I really think a guy like Lemieux can help this team. Driving to the net etc.
If he. An control himself he would be a welcome addition.

Reactions: Klinger

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
He seems the most shaken of them all. And frustrated. “Luck was definitely on their side. I’ve never seen anything like it.”
The positive is he probably had his best game of the series today . He will bounce back hopefully. Fleury is just playing lights out.
He seemed to have a tough time with the media. Completely believes in himself but you have to think Fleury's performance was a little in his head. Especially after he said in the second round that he doesn't have to be perfect just has to be better than the guy on the other end of the ice. To beat Fleury he basically would of had to be perfect.
Goalies a strange breed almost like field goal kickers in football.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I agree. I know it won't happen but I'd put young stars with scheif next year and put wheels with little. Roslo could play third line centre. What would scheif do with Ehlers Laine?

I also think Laine needs to play with Chef next season and Wheeler with Little. Our young players should be good enough to really start carrying the load on their own next season. Little also needs a forechecking driver like Wheeler to get the most out of him.

cbr9927

Mar 8, 2013
Seattle
Never seen a team like Vegas in who knows how long. 3 series so far and they get 99% of the lucky bounces that could have swung a series.

Reactions: Klinger

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The positive is he probably had his best game of the series today . He will bounce back hopefully. Fleury is just playing lights out.
He seemed to have a tough time with the media. Completely believes in himself but you have to think Fleury's performance was a little is his head. Especially after he said in the second round that he doesn't have to be perfect just has to be better than the guy on the other end of the ice. To beat Fleury he basically would of had to be perfect.
Goalies a strange breed almost like field goal kickers in football.

MAF performance was in all of their heads, look at how many times we missed the net this series. Our players where trying to make the perfect shot all series and ended up missing.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I also think Laine needs to play with Chef next season and Wheeler with Little. Our young players should be good enough to really start carrying the load on their own next season. Little also needs a forechecking driver like Wheeler to get the most out of him.

If we find out that Little has been healthy the past 5 months then I’m not sure he has much more to give. I just don’t see the same drive and effectiveness that he used to have. Seems shy to go into board battles.
Lots of these players are constantly willing to sacrifice themselves to make a play. Just not seeing that in his game this year.

Reactions: Ippenator

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If we find out that Little has been healthy the past 5 months then I’m not sure he has much more to give. I just don’t see the same drive and effectiveness that he used to have. Seems shy to go into board battles.
Lots of these players are constantly willing to sacrifice themselves to make a play. Just not seeing that in his game this year.

It was only a year ago that he was on pace for over 60 points. Players have bad years all the time, I will wait and see what he does next season before I change my mind on him. I also found nothing wrong with his battle level, he just couldn't make things happen with the puck this season

Reactions: Ducky10

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
In Feb. 1975, when I was 10 years old, I met Bobby Hull the night the Jets played The Baltimore Blades in Baltimore. He signed a stick for me.

Ever since then, even when I didn't follow hockey for a long time, I always had a thing for the Jets.

I know fans are down, but even though you can point to this or that reason for coming up short this round, the team was one of the toughest in the league and played in the most enthusiastic arena in the league. Fans I know of other teams have had nothing but respect for this Jets team.

Vegas is a freak thing that will likely never happen again. They gelled in the unlikeliest of ways and play terrific hockey. Although disappointing, no shame in losing to this phenomenon. Seriously.

Incredible season. Be proud.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
It’s another year of experience for the boys this year though.

I’m sure even Vegas had more experience than us coming into these playoffs, they are an older team.

I know it’s not much but our guys will be one year older next year, and guys like Laine, Ehlers, Connor, Morrissey should be even better as I don’t think they have hit their prime yet.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Vegas players saying that they think the Nashville series wore out the Jets and they had no gas left.
Well that's the Jets fault ... they had a chance to close out the series early but laid an egg at home. In fact the Jets lost 4 of the last 5 home games ... what's up with that.

Reactions: cbr9927

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
Never seen a team like Vegas in who knows how long. 3 series so far and they get 99% of the lucky bounces that could have swung a series.

Well - we know the "house always wins". Lady Luck is fickle. Let's see how they do in the finals.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I really think a guy like Lemieux can help this team. Driving to the net etc.
If he. An control himself he would be a welcome addition.

He needs to learn to control himself if he is to help the team. I don't disagree that his skillset is appealing but if he can't stay disciplined and keep his cool he wont have a place on the team.

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
Well that's the Jets fault ... they had a chance to close out the series early but laid an egg at home. In fact the Jets lost 4 of the last 5 home games ... what's up with that.

Nashville is a f***in tough team?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

You’re talking about the best team in the NHL though. They aren’t chumps.

One thing I will say though, is that the Jets overemphasize the physical game way too much and I do believe it played a role in doing them in. There was no need to bruise Minnesota like they did for example, but that’s an inexperienced team looking for any taste of success for you.

Even with that said, however, Jets got done in by goaltending first and foremost. It happens, they played hard entertaining hockey all year and at the end of the day it was the biggest step forward the org. has ever had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad