Post-Game Talk: Jets fall to the Stars 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
No one was crying about Stastny. The discussion was about Chevy’s contract signings, and failed contract signings (and whether Stastny can be considered one). If he’s not able to sign any of our top 2D soon we’ll be in trouble. It may make sense to read the discussions before commenting on them.
Yeah, I read them. Considering it's a PGT after a loss on Oct 6, it's crying.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
They have a good enough to compete for Cup right now but without Trouba it melts away.
Last year, we got our penalties under control. They'll need to do that again. I think its a major concern right now. Trouba? Maybe your right idk.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Who would've thunk? :)

Nah, skating is better. Don't have to bag skate them after that.

Little's line dominated possession tonight - what is with the witch hunt this time? Defaulting back to blaming Little for anything after a seemingly good 5v5 game seems unwise.

I've an idea - how about we don't take penalties? The Stars' shot chart at 5v5 looks about as intimidating as a sleeping puppy. And while we're at it, the defensemen could pay attention to what is happening in front. Didn't look like they cared too much this time.

Little is an easy target for those that don't feel the need to hold our younger players accountable for anything other than being offensively skilled.
According to some, his job is to handle pretty much all of the work when they don't have the puck - and - to set them up when they do.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
jets are still cup fave this season- 1 game is only 1 game :P

losing is harder to take when your team is good. teams have off nights

as a stars fan if our goalie gets hurt and we don't find regular secondary scoring, we will be s o l

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think jets should try Laine on Wheeler's spot on powerplay every once in a while. He can can score from there with a wrister, and it would confuse the the hell out of pk. It worked in the finnish league playoffs against Kärpät.
Opponents would shift over and crowd Laine. They leave Wheeler more space because they don't fear his shot much.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
55 too. It’s good to move those guys around, even run the PP off the left wall where the shot from a righty QB is dangerous. That PP is getting a little stagnant and predictable. It really relies on opposing PK being passive.
I liked the Laine-Scheifele rotation they used to do last year. It really messed with the opposition's coverage at times.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Time to give Laine a shot with Scheif and Connor and see if Little and Wheeler still can play well together , i would try Ehlers with Little and Wheeler as the second line . The refs ruined this game right from the start , Dallas had all sorts of stick in the hands penalties and never got called , meanwhile the Jets were getting called for everything . Lots of Jets had crappy games but all the penalties the refs called total ruined this game .

Reactions: Rene Saari

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Can't expect 9 straight wins against a decent team. The difference was penalty troubles. The stars definitely took Winnipeg's style of play last year and replicated it. Hard forever know, speed game, D activation.

They stay out of the box, it's a fresh game.

Also, Myers was f'ing terrible. He caused 3 goals... 2 on ice and one dumb penalty.

Buff looks slow.

It's only 2 games in, not concerned... But could this be the year Buff starts to decline? Big issue of it is.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
What the &*^% did I just watch last night?! When the universe is in a state of chaos like it is presently after the Jets shooting themselves in the collective feet of Winnipeg what better way to make sense of things again by focusing away on the equally baffling topic of Spanish language lessons "Que or Cual" in order to help unpack and veer out of the void of our mysterious and seemingly nonsensical universe.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
What the &*^% did I just watch last night?! When the universe is in a state of chaos like it is presently after the Jets shooting themselves in the collective feet of Winnipeg what better way to make sense of things again by focusing away on the equally baffling topic of Spanish language lessons "Que or Cual" in order to help unpack and veer out of the void of our mysterious and seemingly nonsensical universe.

That game was a definite...

... with a TF for good measure.

Ares

May 8, 2018
Little is an easy target for those that don't feel the need to hold our younger players accountable for anything other than being offensively skilled.
According to some, his job is to handle pretty much all of the work when they don't have the puck - and - to set them up when they do.
I think the narrative is getting little unfair here. There's a reason why Statsny was brought in last season to replace Little. ELL just doesn't work. It's not Little's fault. Either you have chemistry - or you don't. As simple as that.

Who honestly believed it was suddenly going to be better this season when we all saw last season that it doesn't work? Before Jets traded for Statsny I believe it was Copp playing C between Ehlers and Laine. And they were going.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Last nights’ loss had nothing to do with lineups, and everything to do with poor effort, bad penalties, and primarily from crap defence by Myers.

No lineup combo would have rectified this

Reactions: Ducky10 and Whileee

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yup. Actually, Little has been very good defensively, and has made some good plays on offense. If the Jets D can move the puck from their own zone, they'll score plenty. They need to improve in their own zone and on the PK.

I'd like to see them switch up their D. Chiarot is too much of a drag on Buff, so Morrow or Kulikov would be a better option for puck moving.

44-8
70-33
5-57

If Myers doesn't improve soon, I'd like to see Poolman there sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Duke749

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Wasn’t able to watch at all.
Is it possible that with our over all success against Dallas that the team wasn’t all in last night?

Reactions: sipowicz

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Lots of hockey left this year but every two points count even the points at the beginning of the year.

Laine came out like a man possessed last night and looked incredible. Then sat. It’s amazing to me that Maurice can’t find time on ice for one of the best players in the league. Especially when others are obviously struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad