Post-Game Talk: Jets fall to the Stars 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
It's not changed that much. When I used to post about Stempniak scoring when he was lighting it up during the 15/16 season right after the Jets refused to re-sign him, many here got similarly upset at the mere mention of Lee Stempniak. Some people can't stand any perceived slight against the Jets management (real or imagined).

It will continue to get worse if Armia continues to have a good season.

Most of us just want to talk about the current Jets team in the game threads and leave that stuff to Around the League. Good for Armia - his presence would have had no impact on the game.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
He's playing well but why do you assume it is any better than some others would do with the same opportunity?

I'm not assuming anything -
The post was in a response to a call out suggesting the work he's put into getting a spot on the first would make him a good candidate for the 4th.
My opinion is that this same work also makes him a strong candidate for keeping his spot on the 1st.
Not to say there's no bias in my motives - I'd like to see Connor stay on the 1st. but if he's moved, I'll live with it quietly

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Show me were I ever said that. I've agreed with Maurice starting rookies on their correct side. It is easier then than after they have established themselves as star players. It is easier for them to develop into complete players that way. I've also stated, many times, that it is an advantage for a player to be able to switch sides as needed. After they have become comfortable on their unaccustomed side, but more conventional side.

Roughly 90% of the population is right handed so LHS are a lot more common than RHS. It simply isn't possible to always balance your roster. Those 3 Dmen all have experience playing their off sides. They may have their warts but none of them is as bad defensively as Myers has been lately.

Damn you for making me hunt for it. You have more posts than a Texas cattle ranch fence. :laugh:

Here, this is the one I was thinking of, although upon re-reading, perhaps you were having a bit more fun with it than I remembered. :)

Kristian Vesalainen [Update: Signed ELC]

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm being honest and realistic about what I have seen from Myers without just overselling one side or the other to prove my point. Please don't twist my words, I don't appreciate it.

Twisting your words how?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm not assuming anything -
The post was in a response to a call out suggesting the work he's put into getting a spot on the first would make him a good candidate for the 4th.
My opinion is that this same work also makes him a strong candidate for keeping his spot on the 1st.
Not to say there's no bias in my motives - I'd like to see Connor stay on the 1st. but if he's moved, I'll live with it quietly

He has succeeded in that position. No denying. Both Ehlers and Laine succeeded to a similar degree with Scheifele. So did Perreault, in a brief stay there. Not just you, but there seems to be an assumption here that KC's success makes it a necessity that he stay there.

We have several possible permutations of wingers who could be expected to succeed with Scheifele. Some may do better than Connor & Wheeler. Meanwhile, Connor and Wheeler may be a better fit with some other C than the other wingers are.

I get that Connor has fans who want to see him continue to get the best opportunity, but why would anyone not want to see the whole team improved? Of course, we can only speculate at an improvement because CSW is written in stone.

"the work he's put into getting a spot on the first would make him a good candidate for the 4th. My opinion is that this same work also makes him a strong candidate for keeping his spot on the 1st."
Those 2 things are not mutually exclusive. I agree with both. He might be just what is needed to get the 4th line going. And he is a strong candidate to stay on the 1st.

More experimenting should have been done in pre-season. That was the time to see how other combinations might work. What we have now has not been very good in either game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad