Post-Game Talk: Jets fall to the Stars 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Wasn’t able to watch at all.
Is it possible that with our over all success against Dallas that the team wasn’t all in last night?

With some of the guys only making $40K per game it's really hard to get motivated, Jets played like they just needed to show up.

Poor player time management.

Myers stinks all night but never misses a shift and Mo see's fit to let him play the final minute of each period!

Mo and the Jets players let the opposition out shoot them badly once again... at this rate Helly will be done by New Years!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Myers sucks. Onto the next game.

Most of the team sucked tonight

Just dropped in to see if others saw Myers the same way I did.

He was on the ice for every Dal goal last night - except the one he was in the box for. More importantly, he was victimized - at least to some degree - on every one of the 4 he was on ice for. :shakehead Sure wish we had traded him to Toronto for their 1st. :(

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
It was putrid effort from the Jets. Myers was beyond tire fire, it mady my stomach turn watching that. Knowing that 55-26 are joined from the hip, this will be a long season. Blender out. Now. If this was not a wakeup call I don`t know what is.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Just dropped in to see if others saw Myers the same way I did.

He was on the ice for every Dal goal last night - except the one he was in the box for. More importantly, he was victimized - at least to some degree - on every one of the 4 he was on ice for. :shakehead Sure wish we had traded him to Toronto for their 1st. :(

Toronto wouldn't have done that trade.

He's certainly not earning his next contract right now.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not going to panic yet. We started off last year playing just about exactly this same way. It wasn't just the first 2 games either. As I recall it was 5. That included a couple of wins (2? 3?) where we were largely outplayed. Then they turned it around and the rest was history.

So, a little patience is in order. There are 80 games to go.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Toronto wouldn't have done that trade.

He's certainly not earning his next contract right now.

Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't. A lot of their fans would have. Maybe we could have gotten Carrick for him. I'd do that right now, straight up. He cost Dallas a 7th.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
A week ago he was about to become a superstar because he was finally removed from evil Laine, the guy who forces him to pass too much.
you misunderstood me. I said he would become a superstar if he was removed from that evil line not that evil laine.

Reactions: Maukkis

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I think the narrative is getting little unfair here. There's a reason why Statsny was brought in last season to replace Little. ELL just doesn't work. It's not Little's fault. Either you have chemistry - or you don't. As simple as that.

Who honestly believed it was suddenly going to be better this season when we all saw last season that it doesn't work? Before Jets traded for Statsny I believe it was Copp playing C between Ehlers and Laine. And they were going.

I personally don't believe in hockey Chemistry - does poor chem mean everyone is playing well and doing what is needed to be an effective line, but it doesn't work anyway? That doesn't make any sense.

Why isn't the line working? Watch them in the ozone and it's becomes obvious to me - they can't hang on the the puck and they don't know how to get it back when they lose it.
A better way to phrase it might be "they don't put out the effort needed to hang onto and retrieve pucks".

All 3 need to put in that ozone effort every shift - similar to how the 1st line works. If even one of them thinks they don't have to do the work, the line fails.

Looking back to when Stat's filled in, they all worked the way they needed to - maybe if was the excitement of having Stat's join the team going into the playoffs - who knows. I did notice that production on this line starting slipping in the PO's and Stat's looked dog tired - I wonder why.

The good new is that I seen a glimmer of hope last night in the 1st period where they all played well in the ozone - especially the first 2 shifts - there was even a bit of a glimmer in Laine's eye that a camera caught when he was on the bench early on - if might have been a look of recognition as he realized he just had a great 5 on 5 shift with Little and Frenchie.

This is just how I see it - not trying to wind anyone up.

Reactions: Gotaf7 and Ducky10

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Myers sucks. Onto the next game.
Trouba sucks on to the next game

Aaaaanyways.

You guys remember when Perreault used to score goals and do stuff? He's just been getting steadily worse out there. He can't even seem to execute basic plays anymore. He just spins around, falls down a lot and turns over the puck.

I'd be looking to move him out asap. We can pay Dano much less to do that :)

Myers had some good moments and some mistakes. Buff is very lucky he didn't get suspended, he needs to get his head back in the game. Trouba was bad. Morrissey was ok.

Chiarot and Morrow were about average. Unless Kulikov is hurt again I'd bring him in to play with Myers and I'd try Morrow with Buff, sit Chia for a game or two.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Yup. Actually, Little has been very good defensively, and has made some good plays on offense. If the Jets D can move the puck from their own zone, they'll score plenty. They need to improve in their own zone and on the PK.

I'd like to see them switch up their D. Chiarot is too much of a drag on Buff, so Morrow or Kulikov would be a better option for puck moving.

44-8
70-33
5-57

If Myers doesn't improve soon, I'd like to see Poolman there sooner rather than later.

Yeh that line will be fine as long as they can get their transition game going. Little was fine. Laine was fine. D was not. Onto the next one.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
myers should sit next game, and if he ever gets back into the lineup he should never see another minute of PP time again. ****ing terrible

poolman needs to come in immediately, same goes for dano. then bring up niku and hope petan is ready asap. vesalainen is completely lost and just plain ineffective, he has no business being on the team.

and just get rid of chiarot i'm ****ing sick of watching him play hockey
Poolman? Petan? Really?

Poolman was barely keeping his head above water last year and this TC he was awful. He got turned so many times I thought he was a can opener.

Petan STILL has proven jack shit at the NHL level and yet people still consider him to be some kind of savior.

Myers made some mistakes last night but jesus so did the rest of the f***ing team. The whole bunch need to smarten up and remember what it took last year to have that level of success.

They should absolutely make some changes - but smart ones. Bring in Kulikov and scratch Morrow or Chia. Vesalainen is invisible and needs to go down. Play Dano or Lemieux. Bring up Niku if the D continues to struggle.

Poolman and Petan are not the answer to anything.

Reactions: sipowicz

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yeh that line will be fine as long as they can get their transition game going. Little was fine. Laine was fine. D was not. Onto the next one.
There was nothing wrong with Littles game. He made a mistake and the puck ended up in our net. He's not getting the quality minutes he used to so he is not going to score like he used to. He still has an important role on this team.

Reactions: Duke749

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Transition game was non-existent last night, across the board.

Reactions: LowLefty

nhlpro

Nov 12, 2015
Peg City
Wheels looked like a 40 year ol man out there, and little omg just brutal. Just a terrible game on to the next, last year we were 0-2 and still won over 50 so we are still better off after the first 2 games!!

Reactions: Scheifelaine

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
I personally don't believe in hockey Chemistry - does poor chem mean everyone is playing well and doing what is needed to be an effective line, but it doesn't work anyway? That doesn't make any sense.

Why isn't the line working? Watch them in the ozone and it's becomes obvious to me - they can't hang on the the puck and they don't know how to get it back when they lose it.
A better way to phrase it might be "they don't put out the effort needed to hang onto and retrieve pucks".

All 3 need to put in that ozone effort every shift - similar to how the 1st line works. If even one of them thinks they don't have to do the work, the line fails.

Looking back to when Stat's filled in, they all worked the way they needed to - maybe if was the excitement of having Stat's join the team going into the playoffs - who knows. I did notice that production on this line starting slipping in the PO's and Stat's looked dog tired - I wonder why.

The good new is that I seen a glimmer of hope last night in the 1st period where they all played well in the ozone - especially the first 2 shifts - there was even a bit of a glimmer in Laine's eye that a camera caught when he was on the bench early on - if might have been a look of recognition as he realized he just had a great 5 on 5 shift with Little and Frenchie.

This is just how I see it - not trying to wind anyone up.

I rewatched the first 2 shifts... Little never touches the puck besides the faceoff on shift 1. It was all Laine.

Reactions: Rene Saari

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Can't say I'm the least bit surprised by last night. It's happened many times with this coach and these players, and it will again.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Transition game was non-existent last night, across the board.

Yup, its a problem when Chariot is in the top 4 with Buff. Kulikov is also underrated in his ability to move the puck out of his end. Fix that and the team looks better.

The team is also still guilty of passing up shots, trying to get too fancy at times.

I would like to see more balance in the ice time distribution up front and I would like to see Dano in the lineup over Ves as the kid isn't ready.

Conner Scheifele Laine
Ehlers Little Wheeler
LCT
Perrault Roslovic Dano

JoMo Trouba
Morrow Buff
Kulikov Myers

Helle

Ares

May 8, 2018
Yup, its a problem when Chariot is in the top 4 with Buff. Kulikov is also underrated in his ability to move the puck out of his end. Fix that and the team looks better.

The team is also still guilty of passing up shots, trying to get too fancy at times.

I would like to see more balance in the ice time distribution up front and I would like to see Dano in the lineup over Ves as the kid isn't ready.

Conner Scheifele Laine
Ehlers Little Wheeler
LCT
Perrault Roslovic Dano

JoMo Trouba
Morrow Buff
Kulikov Myers

Helle

I actually like this line up a lot. Maybe try Lemieux instead of Dano.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Conner Scheifele Laine
Ehlers Little Wheeler
LCT
Perrault Roslovic Dano

JoMo Trouba
Morrow Buff
Kulikov Myers Chiarot/Poolman/Nogier or play Morrow here

Helle

Fixed it.

Otherwise like this lineup.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Conner Scheifele Laine
Ehlers Little Wheeler
LCT
Perrault Roslovic Dano

JoMo Trouba
Morrow Buff
Kulikov Myers

Helle
Agreed but for all of Myers offensive ability he is horrible in transition, in fact he largely grinds it to a halt. His inability to make quick passing decisions in transition kills me. He's just such a plodding player to watch at times.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I rewatched the first 2 shifts... Little never touches the puck besides the faceoff on shift 1. It was all Laine.

That was my exact point - Laine is starting to do what he needs to do - glad you were able to pick up on that

Reactions: Duke749
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad