Post-Game Talk: Jets fall to the Stars 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Thoughts on what he saw when he moved Ehlers up: “Not a whole lot”. Wtf.
Maurice going out of his way being kind. ehlers has been regressing since febuary of last year. just when you think he cant possibly play worse he plays his next game.

googleIsMyFriend

Dec 6, 2016
Tanev played good game, same goes for Laine, Perreault, Little. Wheeler, Trouba, Morrissey, Buff, Roslo were bad. Actually, every defender sucked, especially Trouba.

Hoo hum. To the next game.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Dallas played a really good game.
I agree, but I really only saw the top line doing anything for them. They're defense played really good, too, but o think penalties were the difference because more Benn/Seguin

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
who cares?
he's not a Jet anymore and his spot on the lineup was replaced with a prospect with a higher ceiling.

How can you be bothered from this enough to actually get the motivation to post this :laugh: Just ignore it if you don't care :laugh: We're not talking Lee Stempniak 4 years after he played his last game for us here.

I'm pretty sure there are several people here that do care about the fact that he scored his first goal for Montreal and went on to watch the clip. Especially the Finnish posters.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Probably time to pull the "How long will Maurice Last" thread out of the mothballs :sarcasm:
The sky is falling . . . well, at least tonight it was. Two nights ago the same lineup and coach were great.
Fickle fans we are sometimes - all of us
We weren't actually great two nights ago. Helle was great to keep it a tie game going into the third. Then Allen happened.

Reactions: Ares

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Lets get the pre game thread going and lock this thread up hahaha.

Move on to the next one.

Wheeler is probably pissed, and that a good thing. That his team sucked.

Go Jet Go

Im guessing 5 goals 1st period outburst :)

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
The Jets first two games last year were also pretty terrible and they went on to get 114 points so I'm not panicking yet.

I will say that I'm pretty miffed by their willingness to give up some decent point shots both on the PK and even-strength, and that goes back to last year as well. Just because you have a good goalie doesn't mean that you should rely on him like that.

LA's offence isn't as lethal as Dallas' so I'm feeling good about the home opener.

Reactions: Ares

Insthofen

Dec 2, 2016
I think jets should try Laine on Wheeler's spot on powerplay every once in a while. He can can score from there with a wrister, and it would confuse the the hell out of pk. It worked in the finnish league playoffs against Kärpät.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
While Little is certainly not to blame in this game, I’ll again say what I started seeing early last year in his game... He looks like he’s doing stuff but it’s not effective. It’s like someone who’s looking busy at work but really doesn’t get much accomplished.
Last year I started noticing that he appears not to be “all in”. He gets rid of the puck when pressured, almost like he doesn’t want to get hit.
Playoffs were better because it looked like he was playing for something.
I don’t think he’s lost much ability but I am questioning his commitment to do everything he can to win games now.
Guys like Tanev are all in guys. I don’t see that in Little’s game anymore.
With Little, I count his puck touches now. Not shots or goals.

On the positive side, the forwards group may have enough weaponry to compensate.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Let's keep in mind the results from the Jets first 2 games last year:

Leafs 7 - Jets 2
Flames 6 - Jets 3

Many last year were calling for Maurice to get fired after the poor start. Best to iron out the bugs and work on fixing the mistakes early. It's a long season and it's expected that there will be some ups and downs along the way.

:jets

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
The Jets first two games last year were also pretty terrible and they went on to get 114 points so I'm not panicking yet.

I will say that I'm pretty miffed by their willingness to give up some decent point shots both on the PK and even-strength, and that goes back to last year as well. Just because you have a good goalie doesn't mean that you should rely on him like that.

LA's offence isn't as lethal as Dallas' so I'm feeling good about the home opener.

Subban torched the Jets in the playoffs.
It was like automatic.
No adjustment.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
what-the-hell-was-that-28959840.png

Reactions: Aggie204

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Without Trouba that defense won't be anything special, they lost it to pure stupidity.

Reactions: Rene Saari

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Dallas played well. But the dumb penalties and bad special teams made it worse.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I think jets should try Laine on Wheeler's spot on powerplay every once in a while. He can can score from there with a wrister, and it would confuse the the hell out of pk. It worked in the finnish league playoffs against Kärpät.

55 too. It’s good to move those guys around, even run the PP off the left wall where the shot from a righty QB is dangerous. That PP is getting a little stagnant and predictable. It really relies on opposing PK being passive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad