Post-Game Talk: Jets fall to the Stars 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I know he played bad...

But he wasn't the only player on the ice for those goals.

As a whole except of a couple of players.
Jets was bad.

How about the coaching?
We have superior depth, supposedly.

On to the next game.....
Myers was horrendous, and made weak plays on all goals against. He also had a bad game 1. He's in a funk. If he doesn't improve drastically, it will be a long season for our D.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Probably time to pull the "How long will Maurice Last" thread out of the mothballs :sarcasm:
The sky is falling . . . well, at least tonight it was. Two nights ago the same lineup and coach were great.
Fickle fans we are sometimes - all of us

FWIW I have been commenting that we would have lost game 1 if it wasn’t for Helle. I think both games were pretty similar, getting outshot badly and relying on Helle winning it for us. It won’t hold for a season.

Reactions: Board Bard

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
KV wasn't very good, but replacing him wouldn't have made a difference tonight. Jets vets need to play with more poise, and Myers needs to be replaced on D.

All true. But I don’t think Maurice dares to play the fourth line with a rookie + rookie C. Having someone more established would allow for better deployment, even if Vesalainen did nothing wrong.

But I don’t think that’d help either. First line played 20+ mins again. Second line less than 15. Those ice times are RIDICULOUS. So I don’t know what would help, probably nothing. I’ve really liked Maurice in the past but this is not good utilization. And swapping out one guy on the fourth won’t do a difference, you are right :/

Reactions: Goggins

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I’m a bit concerned over the contracts Chevy has negotiated as of lately. He gave big money and term to Little and Wheeler, and signed Kulikov and Mason to huge deals. I’m not a fan of those, but at least Kulikov and Mason could have rebounded so can’t fault him for trying... maybe. Then he failed to sign Trouba, and Morrissey missed training camp due to contract issues. Look at our D tonight, if he fails to sign either of the first pair Jets will quickly regress.

At the time the Little contract looked great was just a year or 2 too long. Nobody thought he would regress in 1 year that quick. At the time he was worth 5. Wheeler is a lot for my liking but it was important to try and keep him around. As for Trouba the GM can not be to blame for a guy who does not want to play here. We need him for now, we would not get his worth back. My bet is he is traded next summer, so we will hold off judginig until we see the return

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Myers was horrendous, and made weak plays on all goals against. He also had a bad game 1. He's in a funk. If he doesn't improve drastically, it will be a long season for our D.
I know

I never said he didnt.
But there were bad plays all over.

Buf Little etc...

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
At the time the Little contract looked great was just a year or 2 too long. Nobody thought he would regress in 1 year that quick. At the time he was worth 5. Wheeler is a lot for my liking but it was important to try and keep him around. As for Trouba the GM can not be to blame for a guy who does not want to play here. We need him for now, we would not get his worth back. My bet is he is traded next summer, so we will hold off judginig until we see the return

That is true, but if you try to find justifications for every bad contract or failed signing even Chiarelli would look good. I don’t think Chevy has done that good a job as of lately.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Oof that was some 2016 crap.
  1. Iffy goaltending
  2. Bad defense
  3. Veteran penalties and general farts
Dallas owed us

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Besides his goal Connor wasn't anything special today.

That whole line was hammed in own zone the whole game.

Their awful corsis are there to prove that.

Connor had 19 shots against in 5v5 game. That's awful.

Corsi doesn’t apply to the first line. Joking aside, Wheeler was absolute garbage tonight. But yeah a lot of players were... Myers, Little, Wheeler, Buff, Helle. Hmmm, all of them are signed to big contracts, maybe they should do something for those dollars. Putrid effort.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Besides his goal Connor wasn't anything special today.

That whole line was hammed in own zone the whole game.

Their awful corsis are there to prove that.

Connor had 19 shots against in 5v5 game. That's awful.

.....what did Corsi monster Laine accomplish?

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
People are a bit too critical....
Other than the dumb penalties, lousy play from half the D corps, bad PP, bad PK, and screwy ice time management......things went pretty well.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
For their poor games, scratch Myers and relegate Wheeler to Little duty. Reward Laine with some Scheif time.

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
.....what did Corsi monster Laine accomplish?

He did drive the game towards Dallas goal.

To be honest none Jets players accomplished anything special today but it's a f***ing massive hyperbole to call Connor best Jets player today.

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
Next time the line blender comes out, I'd like to see Roslovic between Laine and Ehlers, and Little with Perreault and Vesalainen.

Reactions: FinJetster

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
For their poor games, scratch Myers and relegate Wheeler to Little duty. Reward Laine with some Scheif time.

If Jets lose another game and ELL is unproductive, Maurice has to try swapping Ehlers and Connor, or Wheeler and Laine around.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
On a side note, Armia scored a shorty. He was such a crucial part to the PK last year.

First failing to sign Stastny (I still think moving Mason was to make space for him), and then Morrissey to a long term deal means we have enough unused cap space to keep Mason and Armia.

Reactions: FinJetster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad