Post-Game Talk: Jets fall to the Stars 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnJet

Just one Lainer
Jan 20, 2017
Bad hockey.
1st line was ok, but not at their best by any means.
I don't know what kind of alchemy PoMo is trying to do with that second line, but i know that with those ingredients there's never going to be any gold. Zero chemistry!

Reactions: Scheifelaine

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I really liked how Laine moved out there and kept it going even the score became lopsided. Wasn't the difference maker tonight but it shows he has developed and with right linemates he will flourish. Currently Connor is playing too strong with Scheifele and Wheeler and Scheifele-Wheeler pairing might be the last one Maurice is going to break, so I don't see how there can be any other top line. Perhaps they could try Ehlers - Roslovic - Laine and Perreault - Little - Dano lines with CSW and CLT. :dunno:
I’d be ok with this, though I’d really like to see what Laine could do with Connor and Scheifele.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Hope died fast during that game.
I'd like to mention where the Jets looked good but all that comes to mind is 1 flurry in the 3rd.
Sad!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Jets played with no jump, no rhythm, and no heart, and derseved to lose that game. Helle was lousy, and so was the whole team really. The Jet's also took dumb penalties, shades of their old ways. They gotta get their act together,-"fast." They really have to get their discipline in order.

A bright spot to me was Kyle Connor- he hustled and scored a sharp shooting goal. He now has 2 goals in 2 games -- I think he'll get 40 for sure, maybe 50 ?? Perrault should not be on the 2nd line IMO.

I would not at all be surprised to see Maurice put back Ehlers on the 2nd line, and go with last years lineup. I hope they do.

Dallas did play good, with a lot of hustle, and got good goaltending.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Hard to win when only 1/3 of the team looks to be trying.
On a positive note Connor looks pretty amazing early this season

Hard to win when they spend like 1/3 of the game in the box. Such stupid penalties, and with the uneven ice time distribution the lines don’t get going. This game was a gong show from top to bottom, from coaching to players.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Was waiting for the Stars to run out of gas... never happened.

Was waiting for Bishop to let in a few softies... never happened.

Jets took too many stupid penalties... Stars didn't and deserved the win.

Onto our home opener on Tuesday... Kings won't know what hit them!

Jets vaunted 4 line deep ran out of gas first

Reactions: Heldig

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
Laine-Seheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Little-Perrault
TLC
Whatever is left

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I’m a bit concerned over the contracts Chevy has negotiated as of lately. He gave big money and term to Little and Wheeler, and signed Kulikov and Mason to huge deals. I’m not a fan of those, but at least Kulikov and Mason could have rebounded so can’t fault him for trying... maybe. Then he failed to sign Trouba, and Morrissey missed training camp due to contract issues. Look at our D tonight, if he fails to sign either of the first pair Jets will quickly regress.

Reactions: JetsFan815

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Jets deserved to lose the game. Felt like the Ladd led Jets with all the penalties taken. Won’t dwell on the loss. On to the home opener, hopefully they get their **** together.

As a Jets fan, I feel like Charlie Brown, the football is the optimal line up and Lucy is PoMo
giphy.gif

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Myers was on the ice for 4 goals against and in the box for another. That wasn't just bad luck

I know he played bad...

But he wasn't the only player on the ice for those goals.

As a whole except of a couple of players.
Jets was bad.

How about the coaching?
We have superior depth, supposedly.

On to the next game.....

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
Connor on the 4th line? That's not right...

Is Ehlers on the 4th line right?

We just have a glut of good players... And I don't dare say put Laine on the 4th line. This place would explode.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I’m a bit concerned over the contracts Chevy has negotiated as of lately. He gave big money and term to Little and Wheeler, and signed Kulikov and Mason to huge deals. I’m not a fan of those, but at least Kulikov and Mason could have rebounded so can’t fault him for trying... maybe. Then he failed to sign Trouba, and Morrissey missed training camp due to contract issues. Look at our D tonight, if he fails to sign either of the first pair Jets will quickly regress.

Probably time to pull the "How long will Maurice Last" thread out of the mothballs :sarcasm:
The sky is falling . . . well, at least tonight it was. Two nights ago the same lineup and coach were great.
Fickle fans we are sometimes - all of us

Reactions: Jet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad