Post-Game Talk: Jets fall to the Stars 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Lots of overreacting in here.

Two bad games in a row, combined with bad bench management from coaching tends to do that. This year’s team has been completely reliant on Helle having a big night, and that is not sustainable. I haven’t liked what I’ve seen so far and hope they find a remedy soon.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Two bad games in a row, combined with bad bench management from coaching tends to do that. This year’s team has been completely reliant on Helle having a big night, and that is not sustainable. I haven’t liked what I’ve seen so far and hope they find a remedy soon.

So you think freaking out is appropriate then?

Reactions: bek816

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
How can you possibly think that when we’re still up against the cap AFTER the trade? :facepalm:

He would have moved other pieces of course, not signed Brossoit etc. It’s still possible Armia etc would be traded but I don’t think the current situation was Chevy’s plan A.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018

Who what? Who would have been moved? Perreault or Armia for example, both would have takers. The analysts were betting on Stastny resigning and Chevy was acting accordingly. Why is it impossible to think he was trying to make room for him? They even said it’d be tight but they were trying to make it work.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That was a bad game. I will echo the sentiments that the sooner Maurice understands that this team belongs the young core the better. All of Buff Wheeler and Little are now more passengers then drivers now.

Maurice needs to stop going out of his way to overplay Myers and give his minutes to a younger guy.

I really can't stand how there is no accountability for our vets. Myers has an absolutely awful game and still gets put out there time and time again including on the PP. If that was a young guy he would have been stapled to the bench.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
That was a bad game. I will echo the sentiments that the sooner Maurice understands that this team belongs the young core the better. All of Buff Wheeler and Little are now more passengers then drivers now.

Maurice needs to stop going out of his way to overplay Myers and give his minutes to a younger guy.

I really can't stand how there is no accountability for our vets. Myers has an absolutely awful game and still gets put out there time and time again including on the PP. If that was a young guy he would have been stapled to the bench.

Agree completely...

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
How can you possibly think that when we’re still up against the cap AFTER the trade? :facepalm:

Are you saying it’s outside the realm of possibility that what both Chevy and Stastny said in interviews, what analysts predicted, combined with the fire sale Chevy partook in, that it absolutely could not in any way have been indicative of Chevy trying to make space for Stastny? That all the analysts on TV were also wrong, the interviews were lies, and it’s head palm smiley worthy to suggest otherwise?

Reactions: Rene Saari

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013

I have had this fear in the past...that Buff, Wheeler, Little could age out quick and we are saddled with brutal contracts...obviously its way to early for that worry, but its a scary possibility.

I wonder if we don't win the cup this year we might need a shedding of a bunch of vets to create cap space and hand the reigns over to Laine/Schief/etc.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
myers should sit next game, and if he ever gets back into the lineup he should never see another minute of PP time again. f***ing terrible

poolman needs to come in immediately, same goes for dano. then bring up niku and hope petan is ready asap. vesalainen is completely lost and just plain ineffective, he has no business being on the team.

and just get rid of chiarot i'm f***ing sick of watching him play hockey

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Are you saying it’s outside the realm of possibility that what both Chevy and Stastny said in interviews, what analysts predicted, combined with the fire sale Chevy partook in, that it absolutely could not in any way have been indicative of Chevy trying to make space for Stastny? That all the analysts on TV were also wrong, the interviews were lies, and it’s head palm smiley worthy to suggest otherwise?

We had to make space regardless and i don’t think you get how much salary would have had to be moved out still to keep Stastny.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
While Little is certainly not to blame in this game, I’ll again say what I started seeing early last year in his game... He looks like he’s doing stuff but it’s not effective. It’s like someone who’s looking busy at work but really doesn’t get much accomplished.
Last year I started noticing that he appears not to be “all in”. He gets rid of the puck when pressured, almost like he doesn’t want to get hit.
Playoffs were better because it looked like he was playing for something.
I don’t think he’s lost much ability but I am questioning his commitment to do everything he can to win games now.
Guys like Tanev are all in guys. I don’t see that in Little’s game anymore.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
We had to make space regardless and i don’t think you get how much salary would have had to be moved out still to keep Stastny.

They were hoping to sign him for less than the 7M he ultimately signed for. So they would almost certainly have moved Perreault to make it happen, and the Mason dump was just the first step. That could have been enough to sign him. Also, nobody would have guessed Trouba would get 5.5 in arbitration. You are free to believe Chevy didn’t try to sign Stastny and the interviews were just polite words and that the analysts were wrong, but I think headpalming opposite views is a bit impolite and strong.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Didnt see the game, any of this on Helle? After a bunch of posts on Thursday, and an underwhelming preseason, any cause for concern?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I have had this fear in the past...that Buff, Wheeler, Little could age out quick and we are saddled with brutal contracts...obviously its way to early for that worry, but its a scary possibility.

I wonder if we don't win the cup this year we might need a shedding of a bunch of vets to create cap space and hand the reigns over to Laine/Schief/etc.

Not all that worried about Buff as he only has but I an worried about Wheeler and that contract. I am more concerned about Maurice still over relying on them and giving them too much ice time.

Reactions: Tommigun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->