Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 4-3 (OT) (Pettersson x2, Sutter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I think somebody can have reservations about a long term deal with hughes.
His current partner Benn is not a long term solution.

I have reservations even though I love what he brings
That's why burning a year on entry's is stupid.
Would love another year to figure out his partner situation.

Five games in a season where we are going nowhere.

The best thing that could come of it? Finishing slightly less bad, and getting worse odds of a higher draft pick.

This mismanagement group has demonstrated they will continue to screw the team's chances of success to hang onto their sorry ass jobs.

Zero character. And the media deflects and distorts. Zero integrity. And the ownership does nothing but spout a few tweets of marketing BS. Zero accountability.

Zero Character. Zero integrity. Zero accountability.

They're batting .000 - that 's the best, right?

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
well unfortunately THIS is your locked in roster for next year too lol. capped to the titties with un-moveable contracts.

over 100 more games of this lineup more or less.
I call it a blessing. Jim can't really do any more damage since he only does "hockey trades" not fancy trades like cap dumps or acquiring picks.

Surely his fate is sealed this year.

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Canucks in OT are like a team knowing their fate already. Who would’ve thought this team would be 8-12-2 now...yuck.

96507c74fc112d9dcab26fac8947c63a.gif

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Virtanen and MacEwen both under 7 minutes of ice. And honestly, I thought they had a few good forechecking shifts, too.

Virtanen is done in Vancouver barring a coaching change. And MacEwen deserves a lot better than Green is giving him.

Roussel needs to be turfed from the top 9, if not the lineup as a whole.

Green ain’t giving them shit when this team trails, the coaching on this team is suspect as hell.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
There is no way EP won't be PPG this year. The problem is QH may get a more favorable contract with Brisson repping both EP and him. Unless QH shores up his defensive game, he should not sniff the 7.5+ million contracts. Whereas, when all is said and done, EP is the more complete franchise player.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
T
Not in the past 3 or 4 games
he has minuses from empty netters, and other minuses where he just stepped on the ice and had nothing to do with the goals

and tonight he was better, and his numbers over the past 3 or 4 indicate that.

The OT he is covering his man, unless you could make a case they double PLD, which teams rarely double team unless it is McDavid or Mackinnon in OT

The trouble is he along with a few others didnt play near well enough for most of the season so far and Hughes particularly on d was a mess , hope he finally gets back to playing like he can but hole is petty deep now to pull anything out of the season at this point.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I think somebody can have reservations about a long term deal with hughes.
His current partner Benn is not a long term solution.

I have reservations even though I love what he brings
That's why burning a year on entry's is stupid.
Would love another year to figure out his partner situation.
Tanev would’ve been a solution for a few years. Probably take some lumps from the falloff at the end of his career but worth the price to help Hughes develop. Right/left doesn’t matter when you don’t have enough D that know how to defend. But nah, we got that six million taken up by a 4th line winger.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Mac plays great and stands up for his teammates and gets rewarded with 7 minutes of icetime. Meanwhile, useless roussel is out there every other shift.

Its telling that they had a lead were holding and bench gets shorter and poof great coaching there !

Reactions: geebaan

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I call it a blessing. Jim can't really do any more damage since he only does "hockey trades" not fancy trades like cap dumps or acquiring picks.

Surely his fate is sealed this year.

Something like Hogs getting a Calder nomination will give the cover to save his sorry ass job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad