Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 4-3 (OT) (Pettersson x2, Sutter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
lol......come here FIN.... just a little closerrrr

ytmplvg.gif
[/QU

“Old time fishing. Eddie Shore.”

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
conclusions

Dubois is a beast.

Holtby is not good

Roussel is toast

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hellybuck has concussion symptoms after taking that shot from EP40.

mcEwan is a better fighter than I thought after watching him fight a few times so far this season.

Every single one of these is correct.

They will. And Myers, and Eriksson. They dont have TVs in Seattle.

:laugh:

Another loss towards to eventual firing of Jimbo

From your lips to God's ears.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
this is understated.... when has he off loaded a rental , expiring UFA for a draft pick. f***ing guy is useless.

I don’t think he’ll get the chance, to be honest.

I have a hunch ownership isn’t letting him pull the trigger on any trades right now. Aquilini’s speech on Twitter could also be interpreted as a “win with the group you’ve got, Jim” sort of post.

And if the Canucks end up getting mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, I don’t see Aquilini sitting on his hands. It’s one thing to stick by your GM when a team is in a slump. It’s another thing when the door officially shuts on the post season.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Five games in a season where we are going nowhere.
The best thing that could come of it? Finishing slightly less bad, and getting worse odds of a higher draft pick.

Yeah I'd definitely like that extra entry level year with Hughes. Would be soo nice for another 82 games next year.

3 years of Pettersson even with his start to this season. People shouldnt have reservations about his contract because it is such a solid sample size to judge him, and his underlying numbers are very solid.

Reactions: I am toxic and Peen

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Imagine our mascott as Johnny Canuck... a huge bearded lumberjack dude wearing flannel , wielding an axe, just cruising the hallways of Rogers Arena..
That would be great, but it’s the left coast. Johnny would be wearing tight pants, and sipping a latte. “Not that there’s anything wrong with that”.
What’s really true is when er we actually had a tough team the fans loved those guys. We have the skill. Let’s surround that skill with mean.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Tanev would’ve been a solution for a few years. Probably take some lumps from the falloff at the end of his career but worth the price to help Hughes develop. Right/left doesn’t matter when you don’t have enough D that know how to defend. But nah, we got that six million taken up by a 4th line winger.

Yeah, god forbid we pay Tanev $4.25 to play as a 3rd pairing D three seasons from now.

When we can pay Myers $6m to do that right now.

And next season.

And next season.

And next season.

But don't worry, we will be ready to compete in 2024-2025.

Competing in 2024-2025! Raise the banner now!

If that doesn't vindicate Jim Benning's record over the past seven years, then I don't know what does.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Yeah I'd definitely like that extra entry level year with Hughes. Would be soo nice for another 82 games next year.

3 years of Pettersson even with his start to this season. People shouldnt have reservations about his contract because it is such a solid sample size to judge him, and his underlying numbers are very solid.

Only complaint on petey is shoot more and coaching setting up a power play with traffic so its dangerous when he does .

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

A bad game by Petey is better than a good game by most NHL'ers.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
LOL Holtby and Demko have almost identical stats. Their results are essentially the same. You can quibble about Holtby being overpaid but it's amusing to see so many feelings about him expressed in this thread.

No, he wasn't good tonight, I'll say more when I review the goals because I was doing calculations for school rather than really watching.

I thought he was OK but not fabulous although the tying goal was a seeing eye shot where he was completely screened by Benn and the winner was a terrible defensive play followed by a pretty great shot. Made some great saves but we needed one more than he had in him.

Reactions: mossey3535

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I just hope we don’t waste the best years of this very special player.

Unfortunately, say what you will about Benning, his one talent is wasting good players' prime years, and he's going strong.

Who am I kidding, his one talent?

His other talent is overpaying useless UFA's who are only going to get worse with age and are untradeable.

Last edited:

Windy River

Jan 31, 2013
With Marky we’d be sitting on a winning record at this time. He’d have let in 2 tops this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->