Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 4-3 (OT) (Pettersson x2, Sutter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
Holtby on team tank

54748.gif

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
It’s obviously not completely his fault whatsoever, but I have seen completely enough of Holtby, He just gives me absolutely zero confidence, everygame.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Not amused with Holtby on that goal. Was looking for a big save, but it doesn't seem to be happening by our goaltenders this year.

Boeser didn't look good on that game winner either.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Why exactly did we spend $4.3MM on Holtby?

Someone please explain it to me, haven't gotten a reasonable explanation since the signing. Does not move the needle for the team.
We gamble, and we lost, better options available, we went for a boom or bust, and got the bust

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Roussel was awful the whole game.

I don’t think JV18 played.

Holtby looked weak to me on multiple goals.

The LD on the second and third pairings are huge liabilities at ES.

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
I hate this loss because now the team is playing reasonably well and our goalies find a way to be anti-clutch.

Imagine downgrading from Markstrom at 6 to Holtby at 4.3 when you could have signed any cheaper backup and probably gotten the same results.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Someone who knows more about goaltending might have to correct me, but did holtby really need to back that far in so pld had more and more room to do what he wants and roof it. He just kind of went into his net and dropped to his knees.
Seriously he beats Boeser below the circle and Holtby slides all the way back to a foot on the post. He has no pass for f***s sake why did you back off your challenge????

Reactions: Peen

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Man that play by Boeser was awful to watch. Some real JT Miller energy there.

also Holtby sucked tonight

Reactions: Peen

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Remember when goalies used to steal games for the canucks? Those were some good ol days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad