Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 4-3 (OT) (Pettersson x2, Sutter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I mean 4+ million dollar 30+ year old backup goalies with a subpar save percentage are so hard to sign via free agency.:naughty:
Holtby is just one of Benning’s many gifts to the new GM. I wonder if the new guy will say “thank you”. He should, right?

Reactions: Hit the post

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Yeah it boggles my mind that someone earlier in the thread said Hughes worries him (in the context of signing he and Pettersson to big extensions).

I think somebody can have reservations about a long term deal with hughes.
His current partner Benn is not a long term solution.

I have reservations even though I love what he brings
That's why burning a year on entry's is stupid.
Would love another year to figure out his partner situation.

Reactions: Peen and I am toxic

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
He was good 3 years ago and has a Cup ring. Typical Jim Benning pro scouting.

Honest question, is Holtby actually any better than Louis Domingue?

Is Halleybuck better than Broissoit

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
And no 1040 to call and complain to
You mean to call and sit on hold while they kept mentioning that the phone lines were open and the number to call, while getting to about 3 callers. Seriously wish post game shows would just go open phones instead of the cookie cutter interviews with the coach or players.

Reactions: victoriacanucker

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Jake is barely an NHL player at this point. Looks ready to join the local fire hall and call it a career.

He'll get all the female attention he desires and apparently that's all he cares about. He has enough money to f*** around for a few years until eventually he has to get a real job.
Think one day we might walk into the local corner store and Jake will be there to serve us up a Slurpee? :laugh:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I think somebody can have reservations about a long term deal with hughes.
His current partner Benn is not a long term solution.

I have reservations even though I love what he brings
That's why burning a year on entry's is stupid.
Would love another year to figure out his partner situation.

Hughes is playing himself in to a nice 6.5M contract.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
IMO you give Hughes the high contract. He's the highest scoring defenceman in the league at 21. We may never have a player like him again.

Pettersson needs to make the jump from 1st line forward to elite in order to get the fat paycheque. Right now I'd give him no more than 7.5 million per.

Reactions: Luckylarry

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Jake is barely an NHL player at this point. Looks ready to join the local fire hall and call it a career.

He'll get all the female attention he desires and apparently that's all he cares about. He has enough money to f*** around for a few years until eventually he has to get a real job.
Have you left anyone out?

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
You mean to call and sit on hold while they kept mentioning that the phone lines were open and the number to call, while getting to about 3 callers. Seriously wish post game shows would just go open phones instead of the cookie cutter interviews with the coach or players.
^never listened to Rob Fai !

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Stolarz, Nedeljkovic, Francouz, Khudobin, Stalock, Talbot, Allen, Kinkaid, DeSmith, Campbell, and Hutchinson are all options, cheaper than Holtby.

Plus if they take an unproven guy there's goalies with more experience in the UFA market.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Canucks in OT are like a team knowing their fate already. Who would’ve thought this team would be 8-12-2 now...yuck.
Lots of people thought we would take a big step back after Benning’s screwed up the off season and lost top players. Miller even said he was “shocked” right? I picked us sixth in this division, but we could easily fall to last. Bad goaltending and a bad team.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Jake can franchise a Freshii location back in Abbotsford, along side some Subway restaurants plus a BC Liqourstore

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
Holtby is just one of Benning’s many gifts to the new GM. I wonder if the new guy will say “thank you”. He should, right?

Holtby, Myers, Eriksson and even Virtanen. Then have to extend Pettersson, Hughes and Demko.

This new guy gonna be on the Wolf of Wall Street regiment after crunching all those cap numbers every day.

Reactions: Luckylarry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->