Post-Game Talk: Jets cream Philly 7-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Myers had a few brain farts but his overall play has improved over the last 5 or so games. If he keeps it up, he will be worth the 3m he is getting paid. There is no way he is worth close to the 5.5m caphit.

Nice to see 10 Ducky 10 softening his stance "somewhat" on our giraffe Myers. If Myers continues to play well-I wonder what Ducky's ceiling would be on signing him ?? I think Myer's is a great defenseman for the Jet's and I think he'll sign anywhere from $ 4.5 to $ 5 mil per year with the Jets. I do think he could get more as an UFA from a team that really needs defenseman. I think he stays in Winnipeg.

He's better than Kulikov IMO, and proving also to be quite durable-- not missing a game last year, or this season--so far. :)

Reactions: bek816

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
As a Flyers fan I absolutely love how the Jets play, talent, size, skill, it’s fun to watch Dave Hackstool has single handily sucked the life out of this team, I love watching the Jets it’s exciting hockey, well done today good luck the rest of the season, Helly was great today
Gracias

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
..because it's literally a free country and it's just a game?
maybe his dad played for the Flyers? maybe he was born in Philadelphia? maybe the Jets didn't have a team from 95 until 2011 and he chose another team for another reason to fall in love with and hasn't lost that connection?

sincerely,
A Winnipeger Who Lived 25 Years in Winnipeg and has lived 18 years in Toronto and still will only Cheer for the Jets.

This is such a true statement -- most people that were raised for a long rtime in Winnipeg, will always be a Winnipeger at heart. It's a small city where you develop close bonds with your friends growing up, and it will never leave your system. My friends who have moved away "all cheer for the Jets."

Once a Winnipeger -always a Winnipeger -it's a very close community.:)

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

This is such a true statement -- most people that were raised for a long rtime in Winnipeg, will always be a Winnipeger at heart. It's a small city where you develop close bonds with your friends growing up, and it will never leave your system. My friends who have moved away "all cheer for the Jets."

this would be a good thread. certain bond among us wpgers/manitobans residing elsewhere. i have always said their is more character in a square block of winnipeg than the whole of metro vancouver.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Too much fun. The Jets managed to get into the Flyers' heads, Hellebuyck has been playing better, thought at one point we were going to lose because the Flyers did look really good at some times, but penalties in this game killed the Flyers.

The Powerplay is awesome for this team!

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I missed the game and checked the score sheet.
Is that correct ... 3 pp goals ... I guess Philly never got the memo on how to stop the Jets pps.:D
People need to relax about the Jets PPs ... if they don't score for a couple of game you know eventually they will.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
He goes to cheer for the flyers. Go to any leaf or hab games here. Thousands do the same thing.

Or Oilers, Flames, Pens, Blackhawks, Bruins etc...
There was a large contingent of Flyers fans at the game only made bearable by the fact that we trounced them.
Of note many of those Flyers jersey's had Jets hats on.
Outside of if you lived in that other city or have a family member / close friend playing for them I just don't get not liking the Jets over other teams.

Connections to hockey pools, video games etc... during the dark days of no NHL for us cultivated a fairly large throng of these people. The worst excuse is that the Jets are always going to be a bad team so they want to cheer for a winner.
That excuse is bound to fade at some point. To each their own.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
how do you figure it means that.

Maurice generally makes guys practice with the team a couple of times and watch before they play.
Petan hasn't done anything wrong to not deserve a game.
It also is about who he is replacing.
If Tanev got hurt then maybe Maurice would prefer a Shaw or someone.
Petan brings some of the skill that you lose with Perreault.
Who knows maybe Matty P will avoid an injury for ONCE.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I did go and skim through the Flyers GDT.
In games like these it's interesting to see how the fans react to a blow out.
Doom and gloom as you would expect.
But given the absolutely horrific result not that much worse than our thread in many of the games that we have won.

The last few weeks have seemed like there has been more "in-fighting" on our boards.
Be nice to each other people.
Our expectations are so high now that we're ready to freak out all the time.
Not that long ago the Jets could barely get a 3 game winning streak going over a whole season.
Now if we don't win most games by three to five goals it's a travesty.

At some point a few years (or hopefully many years) from now the Jets may be a bad team again.

Last edited by a moderator:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I cheered for a different team after the Jets left the first time - I won't say who but they wear blue and white and have a tree-themed logo. I went to the first couple of games against said team after the Jets came back in that jersey. It's hard to let go - I was too young to be a true fan of the Jets 1.0 to forsake the rest of the league entirely and I was a fan of the other guys during my teenage and early adult years. Even went to Minnesota to watch them before the Jets came back.

They will now always be my second tram, but the Jets are my number one team no matter where I end up. If I move from Winnipeg, I'll take an interest in the new local team, but I'm a Jets fan first and foremost now.

As for the game, everyone did well. Good job.

Reactions: GNP

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Ehlers is the most improved forward this year. Now that he can drive the play the Jets forward depth is something to behold. Ehlers used to be like Laine is now. He learned how to play a possession game in the NHL, and I think with Laine's natural size he can do so as well.

The Flyers are always afflicted with bad goaltending. Really do feel sorry for them. It's not a bad team but you need saves to compete.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I cheered for a different team after the Jets left the first time - I won't say who but they wear blue and white and have a tree-themed logo. I went to the first couple of games against said team after the Jets came back in that jersey. It's hard to let go - I was too young to be a true fan of the Jets 1.0 to forsake the rest of the league entirely and I was a fan of the other guys during my teenage and early adult years. Even went to Minnesota to watch them before the Jets came back.

They will now always be my second tram, but the Jets are my number one team no matter where I end up. If I move from Winnipeg, I'll take an interest in the new local team, but I'm a Jets fan first and foremost now.

As for the game, everyone did well. Good job.
Sounds similar to my story.
I still follow them albeit nowhere near as closely
GJG

Reactions: GNP

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Or my one post saying he'll be fine :D :nod: :popcorn:

Yea I was also one of the guys that didn’t bail and said he would probably have a big December.......but then again I didn’t bail on Laine in October when his shot volumes were high but he was snakebiten.......didn’t bail on Wheeler before his 5 point game.......

Not sure why people panic during cold streaks of great players?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Too much fun. The Jets managed to get into the Flyers' heads, Hellebuyck has been playing better, thought at one point we were going to lose because the Flyers did look really good at some times, but penalties in this game killed the Flyers.
and here's PoMo's Schrodinger's Cat: when will he give Helle the night off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad