Post-Game Talk: Jets cream Philly 7-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Not sure what that means that's the points do nothing for you. So what does get you excited in a player fancy stats?
Appleton has a bit more speed and size. He has not lost anything offensuvely vs Petan. I agree it's not a hill to die on who can care that much about a 4th line player.
Just that 2 points over such a small sample in isolation has little meaning.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
The points do nothing for me and the rest is subjective. Appleton has a bit more speed on the forecheck, doesn't mean he's better at it, Tanev has taken 3 years to be an effective forechecker. Petan created a number of turnovers, had good reads and took good routes when I watched him play.

It's not a hill to die on, which I've said before, but so many comments are based on so little and encompass even less.

Petan is a fantastic forechecker. He, like Perreault, out smart the other team to beat them. Watch the deceptive angles they take or how they anticipate where the likely outlet pass is going. Perreault is a little bigger, but Petan is smarter.

Forechecking isnt how fast you barrel into the end boards pursuing the puck...

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Then you might also enjoy this...

200w.gif

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Petan is a fantastic forechecker. He, like Perreault, out smart the other team to beat them. Watch the deceptive angles they take or how they anticipate where the likely outlet pass is going. Perreault is a little bigger, but Petan is smarter.

you lost me at petan is a fantastic forechecker. smarter then perreult . o.k.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Their angles also influence the breakout and direct it where they want it to go. Some guys are better at funneling the puck into the support, as well as being the support. Both Perreault and Petan are effective at the F1, F2 and F3 spots, not everyone is.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Fun fact:

between this season and last Petan has 3 points in 195 5v5 mins.

Tanev has 4 points, all goals in 184 mins...

...on the penalty kill.

Puck luck or not, Petan simply hasn’t produced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad